17. The Wedding

After eating, Rumi went to their family's company to bring lunch for Ichirou while Ryuichi and Yukio went out.

"Why are you not telling me where we're going?" He stares at the driving man who had been avoiding the same question since they left the house.

 "It's a surprise." Even without a smile, Ryuichi's eyes sparked with excitement. "Are you tired already?"

"We've just left the house." How can I be tired???

"Hmm. Just a couple of minutes more and we're there."

"It's okay." He almost voiced out that just sitting beside him was already more than enough of a comfort.

Just less than 30 minutes after, Yukio noticed Ryuichi entering a huge private property. He parked the car meters away from the main door and went out. The former followed and stood beside the latter.

"Why are we here?"

"Don't you want to see your house?"

"My house?"

"Oh, yeah. I got it wrong." He pretentiously palmed his face and faced the wondering young man again. "Don't you want to see our house?"

"Our house??" This time, Yukio's eyes widened and his jaw slightly dropped in awe.

Ryuichi gratifyingly nodded when a middle-aged woman in uniform hurriedly approached them from the house.

"Good afternoon, Master Ryuichi, Master Yukio. Oh, we didn't know you'll come home today." Her voice registered a hint of panic.

"That's all right, Aunt Matilda." Ryuichi patted the arm of the woman who was also Asian but was not Japanese. He then turned to Yukio and reached out a hand. "Let's go?"

Yukio held the hand in front of him and followed. He scanned the whole house and land property that seemed to occupy an approximate 2,000 sqm. It was a two-floor, glass and brick modern villa, which was way different from the traditional-themed Japanese houses. 

He was toured all around the house and he found out that it had three huge bedrooms all with their own bathrooms excluding the master suite in the second floor which had an adjacent study room and a huge bathroom, a home theater, and a dining room...

He was toured all around the house and he found out that it had three huge bedrooms all with their own bathrooms excluding the master suite in the second floor which had an adjacent study room and a huge bathroom, a home theater, and a dining room adjacent to the kitchen.  It didn't have so many rooms but each one was truly spacious. To ensure privacy and security, all the glass walls on the second floor and the other private rooms in the house were sturdily enforced and two-way. 

The spaces and the glass walls gave Yukio the sense of freedom and connection to the nature outside. There was also a large living room that reached up to the ceiling of the second floor giving a very relaxing indoor-outdoor flow. At the back, there was a 5x3 meter swimming pool and a wide garage spacious enough for four cars.

"You like it?"

"It's beautiful. So beautiful."

Ryuichi's smile was full of pride and satisfaction. He was standing beside the young man whose eyes were misty with awe and bliss.