9. Emotions and Wishful Thoughts

In the car...

"Eiji, I love him." When he was reborn in this body, he inherited the memories, the knowledge, the skills and the feelings of the original owner who committed suicide. This was also why he was still soft towards his mom and highly trusted and treasured Eiji.

"That's just you being in heat talking."

"If I was still in heat, I wouldn't be sitting here now."

Silence fell between the two.

"Eiji --"

"Those bruises."

Yukio chuckled. He knew it was a very bad time to laugh but his brother's reaction to the bruises was a strong evidence of his long standing virginity. Yeah, there were so many but it wasn't rare to have marks after some vigorous erotic exercises.

"Why are you laughing? You think that is funny?"

"Sorry, I got these marks because we played so hard." He tried to hold back his laughter lest it totally angered the one beside him.

Eiji's eyes widened and his face turned red. "Idiot."

Yukio let go of his control and laughed hard. Eiji regarded him as non-existent when he was laughing but the former suddenly raised a question.

"He marked you?"

As an Alpha bit an Omega to mark him, he would inject his hormones into the Omega's body. This would mix with the latter's hormones and his natural scent would be changed into a stronger one carrying with it the smell of his domineering Alpha. This was in the concept of an animal's instinctive act to mark its territory by its pheromones in order to ward off any potential rivals or trespassers.

And with that, although Eiji was a Beta, the strong and overwhelming mixture of scents became so strong and apparent that he could sense it.

Yukio subconsciously touched his nape. "Yes..."

"Were you willing?"

"How can you still ask me that?" He lowered his head to hide his embarrassment but also the overwhelming happiness of knowing that the man he loved had finally marked him. His heart was beating so fast and his mind was full of thoughts about Ryuichi.

"Yeah, I know. Maybe even if he butchers you, you'd still be willing."

Despite the sarcasm thrown to him, Yukio snickered. "Mm, I'll voluntarily lay myself on the butcher's block."

"Tsk. What's so good with that man?" But then, he remembered the Alpha's domineering presence and exceptional appearance that no one could ignore. Even him, as a dominant Beta, thought that Ryuichi was very handsome and his built was truly good. He never had a fight that, although it was curt, really challenged his strength and ability. "I don't like him and it seems that he wants to mutilate me and put me 6 feet under the ground. What now?" Eiji sneered, he just wanted to prick on this idiot's love-struck bubble.

Yukio frowned and looked at him. "Learn to like him. You can't keep on fighting your brother-in-law."

Eiji stuck his tongue out upon hearing 'brother-in-law' like he was utterly disgusted with the term.

"Eiji! I'm serious!"

"Okay, okay! There's no helping it, I have an idiot as a brother."

Yukio satisfactorily smiled then turned his eyes back to the road. "But you love this idiot, anyway."

"Tch." That, he couldn't possibly refute.

Eiji's mind wandered a little.

All these years, Yukio only considered and supported his happiness, health, education and success but never asked for anything in return. He also didn't mind being called a patron, a pet-raising weirdo, a strange elite and many other humiliating names because of him. He even thought more about him than his own situations. He almost never asked for a favor from him.