SS. 6 (Flashback) Desperation to Claim

Ryuichi, on the other hand, misunderstood his actions as obsession. Besides, it wasn't the first time that Ale got way and beyond when he desired something so strongly. The excessive attention, the too much time spent in the chase, and all the straightforward efforts...

They were sitting on one of the benches, watching the ongoing soccer game of the freshmen and killing off their remaining break time.

After a moment of silence between them, Ryuichi spoke again.

"He may be kind and patient, but everyone has a limit." He wanted to support Ale. It was a no-brainer to understand how much his best friend was into the professor. This was exactly why he didn't want Ale to fail.

"Why would I end up exhausting his patience? I'm not doing anything that warrants anger from him."

"Yes, you're serving him. But the things that you think are good might not necessarily be good for him. Have you asked him first what he wants?"

"Do you have to ask if you're courting someone? You just do things that you think will please the person, what's wrong with that?"

Ryuichi no longer answered. He wasn't particularly good at this field since all he had so far were flings and flirting, nothing that involved real affection and alike. The short-term partners that he chose also had the same thing in mind. There was never an emotional connection.

His questions, however, stirred a storm in Ale's heart.

Daniel might not be as rich as the latter, yes.

...not as good-looking as he was. 

...not as powerful as he was in terms of money and networks. 

But Daniel was everything that he wanted and every bit of a man he wished to spend the rest of his life with. He felt waves and waves of urgency clashing in his chest, the need to have this man, the need to possess everything about him. At the same time, doubts were also brewing wildly.

What if Daniel was just going with the flow, waiting for him to give up?

What if the truth was, the Alpha was already being disgusted by him but was just too nice to treat him harshly?

Ale wasn't able to sleep that night. He never felt so desperate in his whole life and wished time ran quickly so he could already do something to pacify the demons and the angels constantly debating in his head.

The whole day was torture as he attended all his classes and waited for the last one to finish. When it ended, he immediately rushed towards the room where Daniel was having his last class. He arrived just in time for the man to leave through the door.

Without saying anything, he immediately grabbed the Alpha's hand and dragged him through the students and professors crowding the hallway.

"Ale?" Daniel called out the Omega's name. He was taken aback by the latter's action. But seeing that a lot of people were looking at them, he smiled and didn't show anything that might put the young man in a disadvantage. 

He was well-aware of the problematic and scary reputation that Ale had, and he was also aware that the Omega didn't care about this at all. 

Yet for him, it mattered. 

Ale wasn't as bad as how people painted him to be. The Omega might have rough edges but he was truly soft, generous, considerate and caring. Because of this, he didn't want the young man to be brandished with more antagonistic opinions and gossips.

Looking at the get-out-of-our-way-or-I'll-kill-you expression on Ale's face now, Daniel was internally sighing and shaking his head, "No wonder he's always misunderstood."