3. Bridging the Gap

One whole week passed and nothing so alarming happened in the company. There were problems, of course, but all seemed easy enough for Yukio to solve and also hard enough to mentally stimulate him. Aside from that, the man that he expected to show up had not showed his face to him yet.

At this moment, Mr. Yoshida was on the phone with an intelligence. He was in another country but he still had eyes anywhere he wanted to obtain information from.

"He's buying a big land?"

"It has already been bought, Sir, a 200-hectare land in Kyushu. It was put under the name of Mr. Eiji Kanno. All information about the land has been sent through your email including some photos. As of now, there isn't any trace of development yet since the deal has just been closed yesterday."

"Mm, seems like Eiji is getting faster and more efficient these days."

"Another thing, Sir."

"Continue."

"The Young Master is no longer seeing a Psychiatrist. He also stopped taking medications and his temperament has greatly changed. He had been directly handling all matters in the company and had cleared the long standing disputes between Director Arai and Director Iwamoto, but he had not lost his temper even once. It could be said that he was steadily high-spirited and positive the whole week."

"Hmm. Is he engaged in something new?"

"Aside from taking over the company and occasionally playing Go with Lady Yoshida in the evening, the Young Master has no other activity, Sir."

"He's playing Go with his mother?"

"Yes, Sir. And the Lady seemed to be very delighted with it."

Before he falls in a deep thought, he diverted into another matter. "What news do you have about Rumi's son?"

"He is already in Tokyo and actively participating in their family's business, Sir.  He is also leading the construction of one nursing home for the elderly and one rehabilitation center for people with disabilities. Both projects are set to finish before the start of winter."

The Nakamura's business, RN Health Systems Co., has three big hospitals, one rehabilitation center (excluding that one that was being constructed now), two health and wellness centers and three five star restaurants that only serve organic and natural ingredients. These were separately situated in Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto. 

In terms of revenue, it was still smaller than Quantum Corp. which was engaged in the energy sector having renewable energy plants in five countries. It was also delving into the chemical industry producing organic fertilizers and targeted pesticides (only harm specific pests).

As you could see, both RN Health Systems Co. and Quantum Corp had something in common. Yes, it was the sensitivity to the environment. Needless to say, it was also due to their common human denominator, Rumi Nakamura. She was a very willful environmentalist and philanthropist. And although she wasn't the major shareholder of Quantum Corp, her voice was still immensely regarded. As of RN Health Systems Co., let's not talk about how henpecked Mr. Nakamura was. What his wife wanted, his wife conquered.