Chapter 111, the Steadfast

/ First Person Protagonist POV /

I smiled at the sense of freedom. I had all the galaxy in front of me, no limits, no boundaries. It was only me, and how far this star fighter could take me. Taking in a deep breath, I thought, this is the smell of freedom, y/n. Embrace it. There was no use feeling sad, or to mourn, because this wasn't a time to be sad, it was a new chapter of my life that had been opened to me. I had a feeling this is the start of a stage in which I would find myself. 

I believed in what I told Kylo. That life found a way to bind us together, sooner or later, and my instinct told me I was doing the right thing. I knew Kylo thought the same. That is why he had let me go. It warmed my heart and mind to know Kylo was doing the right thing for me, and for himself as well. It gave me more hope that it wasn't too late for him, I knew it wasn't.

" What now?" I sighed to myself with enthusiasm, looking at all the different controls and switches on the star fighter. " I could go anywhere, everywhere." Yet I knew, anywhere I would go wouldn't feel like home, my heart knew where my home was. My home was wherever Kylo would be, he is my home.

Of course, I knew exactly where I wanted to go. My original plan had been to head to D'Qar, to the resistance. But Kylo had told me they weren't installed there anymore, and I believed him. If he let me go, he wouldn't lie to me. I reassured myself.

" But if I find where ever the resistance is, would they even want to take me back?" I sighed, slouching back on the pilot recliner. " I made it clear to them I wasn't changing my mind on leaving. To not go back for me. Even if I didn't mean it, I had to do it for Kylo, so he wouldn't be endangered by Snoke." I remembered the awful events leading to my escape from the base towards the Supremacy. Haunting memories those are.

 " It's been months since I've seen any of them. Except when Rey, Finn, and Poe were in Kijimi. They must think I'm a killer!" I wanted to cry, but I knew crying was of no use. What happened, had happened, and now, I could only change and decide what could occur from this moment onwards.

And what about Pha Stett? My motherly figure and my mentor, who taught me everything I didn't remember I knew until very recently. Is she still alive? I felt guilt starting to consume me over what happened to her. I left her in the rubble of a hut, after the emperor had destroyed it along with the rest of the sanctuary.

Happy memories played in my mind. Memories I now had access to thanks to Kylo. The recollections of my childhood with Pha Stett, training arduously every day except once a week, but I always had a smile on my face, I loved the training. Even when she had sent me all alone to mine my own Kyber crystal on Ilum, years before it became the Starkiller base, I had been frightened, but that couldn't stop me from dedicating my life to the sanctuary and the training Pha Stett made me go through.

 I'm going to be a Jedi someday. I remember I woke up saying that every morning, and when I finally had my green lightsaber at hand, I knew I was almost there.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I put a determined smile on my face and breathed deeply. " I will be a Jedi. And I'm starting that quest now." I exclaimed confidently. I took a grip on the commands of the star fighter and powered up the engine. 

When I was about to soar into the galaxy, further away from Naboo, I felt a strange pull on the ship. Turning around, I stopped breathing. A Resurgent Class Star Destroyer was pulling the Naboo star fighter with their magnetic shield. 

My eyes widened as I recognized the vessel: the Steadfast. The massive star destroyer was none other than the flagship for Allegiant General Pryde. The same ruthless man that had killed Hux, so I had heard. I supposed Kylo hadn't passed the message that my ship had to be let through, so I was on my own on this one.

Pryde was a war criminal in the old wars, and had a dedication to the dark side and the Sith eternal. The man was out of his bloody mind. No, no, no! This is just what I needed! I shrieked mentally as I boosted the engine to it's maximum capacity, trying to fight back the magnetic pull. 

" I won't let a star destroyer hold me back. Not when I'm so close to freedom, to the Jedi." I said through gritted teeth, but of course, a star fighter could never win against a destroyer's magnetic pull. 

I was still far enough to think of a plan, of anything that could salvage me from being caught 'escaping' again, and this time, I knew that if I got captured, Pryde would do whatever he wished to do with a traitor, which meant killing me. 

I closed my eyes and let go of the handle of the Naboo star fighter. Concentrating on the star destroyer and the star fighter. After acquiring the memories of my whole life, I had also regained the training and experience that the impact of the escape pod had caused. 

I knew I wouldn't be able to take down a star destroyer by myself, but I could try to levitate the Naboo star fighter with the force. This is one of the most foolish things I'm going to do to save myself.  I scoffed and entered a stage of concentration, like Rey had taught me, and how Pha Stett had taught me as well. 

I felt myself get a hold of the star fighter with the help of the force, and levitate it, fighting the pull of the star destroyer. I opened my eyes, noticing my arms were outstretched in front of me, my hands gripping the air of the cockpit. 

I looked at the Steadfast, it was backing away slowly, but I knew it was me who was advancing. I was doing it! It was working. When I felt at the peak of my strength to continue fighting the magnetic pull, it stopped, and the star fighter advanced super fast for a couple hundred yards. 

I steading the ship, and got ready to get the hell out of there. Maybe Kylo finally communicated with the flagship. I gasped in relief. I turned around to face the Steadfast once again. And it was all but over. Three or four laser canons were all directed towards me, and I knew exactly what Pryde had in mind.

I revved the engine of the star fighter, preparing it to take a leap into light speed before I would get blasted into tiny pieces. It was almost done, when the first laser fired. It missed me barely, and the ship had a couple seconds before entering the speed of light.

" OH BLOODY HELL. NOT NOW." I yelled to myself as the flagship fired again, hitting the edge of the wing. 

I could still fly the star fighter, at least I hoped so. As another blast was shot from the star destroyer, the Naboo star fighter jumped into hyperspace. I rested my head on the head rest of the pilot seat, exhaling with a tear of stress rolling down my cheek. I had done it. I had sucessfully escaped Pryde, and I was on my way to the light side.

Now, I had the galaxy to myself. I could choose anywhere I wanted to go. My heart was torn though. Pha Stett and the sanctuary, or General Leia, Rey, Finn, Poe, and the others in the resistance. 

I had no idea where the second were, so I decided on Pha Stett. After more than a year, I had to make sure she was alive, if anyone in the sanctuary had survived. I had the galaxy, the freedom, the almost deteriorating ship that wouldn't lead me too far,  so I'd have to change it somewhere, and the destination. What I didn't have was any idea of where I had to go to get to Pha Stett. My only clue was the sanctuary. 

And the sanctuary meant going to the planet Carlac.

----------------------

OVERLOAD OF EVENTS IN THIS CHAPTER.

I'm not used to writting so much in one chapter! But I'm not complaining!

Now, to those who have a very good memory, or have read the book in one or two days, you maybe can remember I wrote something about Carlac many, many, many, MANY, chapters ago...

I hope you liked this chapter! Can't wait to share more! I know you guys will LOVE what's to appear soon!

Best regards,

- Camille