Chapter 15, Retrieve

/ First Person Protagonist POV /

It had been about a month since Rey, Finn, and Poe had ' rescued ' me from The Finalizer. My life in D'Qar was great: I trained with Rey every day, I had many things to learn, but Rey was patient and allowed me to take my time, not like somebody else had done. Whenever I mentioned his name, a knot formed in my throat. It had been one month, and yet, the Resistance couldn't detect a possible attack or raid in their headquarters; Kylo Ren would not come get me back. Good riddance! I thought as I dodged Rey's blade and blocked another hit. 

" Y/n, you're not focusing. I can sense your mind is drifting somewhere else." Rey said, lowering her weapon. 

" Sorry." I replied. But it was true. My mind kept lingering on the thought of one person: Kylo Ren.  " Alright. I'm ready to continue." I said, while I brushed the thought away. I breathed heavily, to try and concentrate, but naturally, as always, my eyes drifted towards the weapon, even though someone as mad as Kylo Ren wasn't the one holding it.  Rey threw herself in my direction and yielded her lightsaber in all different directions, I was able to deflect every hit and even attack. " Y/n." Rey said, while still in combat training. " Y/n, stop looking at my weapon. The force will guide you. Look at me in the eyes, y/n, to predict my every move." 

In that instant, I felt the grip of the lightsaber get loose in my hand while Rey was attacking again. Those words would remain cicatrized forever in my mind. I had no time to react, and Rey had no time to change her move, as I felt a burning pain on my arm. It sent shivers and shots of agonizing ache throughout all my body and mind. I had heard myself scream for a couple seconds before I could only hear a very loud silence. I could feel my body tumble to the ground, but I couldn't get up. And somewhere in the distance, I could hear Rey yell my name faintly, but I knew she was next to me. The pain was unbearable, and I felt my mind trying to shut down, to enclose itself to prevent the pain from reaching it. 

When I woke up, I was inside a building, all white. I could hear machines and beeping sounds all around me. They were tubes tangled around me, and I had been changed into a hospital robe. My head kept pounding with pain as I tried to sit down, only to see General Leia was in a seat next to my infirmary bed.  She seemed to be deep in her thoughts, but my sudden movements must have brought her back as she turned her head towards me and placed her hand atop of mine. 

" y/n." She said in an angelical voice that made me feel safe. " Are you feeling alright? It was a bad hit you took." General Leia asked me as she smiled. " W- what happened?" I inquired, even though I had a bright idea of why I lay in a hospital bed. " You were training with Rey, she accidently wounded your arm." General Leia replied as I turned to look at my left arm, that was patched and bandaged up. " It is my fault, general." I whispered. " I let my guard down while she and I were training. I shouldn't have done that. I was thinking of-" I abruptly stopped myself. It had been a month I had been here, and it wouldn't be considered trustworthy to think about the enemy all the time. 

" Of Ben?" Leia whispered back, her eyes were now filled with sorrow.

 I was surprised. I thought the general would have guessed Kylo, but she had mentioned the name of a stranger. " I'm sorry general. I do not know-" "Kylo Ren." She interrupted. " Ben. That's his real name. Not like the façade he puts up with his mighty mask." General Leia's words seemed angry, but they were sad, as if they pained them enormously. " My boy." She whispered so low I could barely hear her. She stood up and faced the infirmary wall. 

" How is he?" She asked, in another hushed whisper. I had begun to realized that, Kylo Ren- Ben; was important to the General. And then it clicked. They had the same dark brown mesmerizing eyes. " He... Last time I saw him he... I mean- He's safe and healthy." Was all I could babble out. General Leia meekly smiled at me and started walking towards the door. " Get some rest y/n." She said. 

/ Time Skip / 

I was sound asleep when I heard something fall outside. It was probably Poe and Finn doing something stupid and careless with an X wing... again. I giggled and opened my eyes slowly. My senses were waking up, when I noticed it wasn't something falling outside I was hearing, it was people screaming orders and blasters firing. My heart started beating faster, could someone be attacking the Resistance base?! I wasn't going to wait and find out. 

I untangled myself from the tubes all around the infirmary bed and took off the breathing apparatus. I couldn't feel my arm, except for the part that had been hit. My whole body was weak but I managed to walk almost straight. I took a discrete peak outside, and what I saw terrorized me. Stormtroopers were firing at Resistance members and visa versa. It was not possible. He couldn't be here. 

The adrenaline and fright gave me strength as I started running towards an arsenal, where I knew they kept the green lightsaber that was rightfully mine. I was almost at the door when I felt someone grab my arm. Their hand was cold and gloved, and I knew instantly who it was. I didn't want to look, I feared that my guess was correct, but I eventually turned and locked eyes with his imposing black mask. 

I wanted to scream, but no yell was coming out of my mouth. Kylo Ren threw me over his shoulder as he walked back to his command shuttle. I kicked and I punched, but it was useless: I was too weak. I tried calling for Rey, but I couldn't see her, the last thing I saw was the metal of the command shuttle and how the things inside moved as it took off.