43. Bucky Barnes

My birthday gift to you <3

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

''Bucky?'' You say - catching his attention. His eyes shot to yours, ready to kill you. ''Bucky, listen to me. You are not evil. You have served America in the second world war. You were taken by Hydra,'' you say with your arm stretched out - keeping him on distance.
''You are not evil, Bucky.'' You see him struggling with himself. His eyes shot to yours and you noticed something vulnerable. ''It's not your fault, Buck,'' you say - slowly stalking close. ''It is Hydra's fault,'' you say - stalking closer and closer.

Bucky lowered his weapon - with that same vulnerable look on his face. "It'll be okay," you say.
"Y/N!" Tony screamed. Bucky's eyes shot up and fled. "Bucky, wait!" but it was too late.

"Y/N, are you okay?" Tony asks worriedly. "Yes, I am. You scared him off," you say rather annoyed - walking away.
What you didn't know was that Bucky was still there, watching you, following you.

*

You are making yourself some tea. Tony had insisted you staying in Stark Tower, but you denied several times. Simply because of your cozy Appartement; it is close to Stark Tower. You have your own place. Nice view. And most important, this is your place as a therapist.
     You have appointments with people who want their stories to be told. That's your work and you are glad to help people.

Something caught your attention - a ticking noise on the window. You turned around and dropped the mug of tea - spilling all over the floor. It was not something, but more someone.
You rushed to the window and opened it. "Bucky!" you gasp. He collapses immediately and loses his consciousness. You levitated him to your room and tucked him in.

You step back into the living room, getting reminded of your broken mug of tea. With the Eye Of Agamotto you reverse your mug of tea.
You took a sip - spitting it back in the second after. Cold. The cloak of levitation wanted some attention and wrapped itself around your shoulders. "Levi," you giggle.

The next day, your cloak woke you up. You look aside to see a pair of eyes starring at you. You fell out of bed when your cloak as Bucky saves you.
"Bucky, you scared me," you say, "are you alright?" No answer received, he only stares. "Bucky?" his eyes shot up to yours. "Are you okay?" This time, he shrugs but shakes his head.
"What has happened?" you ask, but no answer in return. He points to his throat. "Your throat?" you ask. He gestures here and there. He tries to scream but there's no sound.

"Your vocals... what happened to your vocals?" you ask - shocked. He furrows his eyebrows and pulls a puppy face. "Hydra," you whisper and he nods.
"Oh what did they do to you," you say as you hug him. You feel him slowly losing his tension. He pulled away from the hug - pointing at himself. "You?" he shakes his head. "Me?" he nods and then hugs you again. "Hug?" you guess but he shakes his head. "Like. Trust," you guess again. He points at you when you say; trust. And then points again - at you. "Me?"

"You trust me?" 

He nods and smiles. ''Shall I make some breakfast? You can go and take a shower if you want,'' you say - directing him to the bathroom. The cloak is on your tail as you make your way to the kitchen.

You baked some pancakes, eggs and bacon. The plates and glasses are all on the table.
     Your cloak taps you on the shoulder. You turn around to see Bucky - with only a towel around his waist. You couldn't help but starring, but got the hint. "Oh, I have some clothes for you," you say - your face reddened.

You threw him some sweatpants and a T-shirt. He gave you a confused look. "Why I have men clothes?" you ask and he nods. "Oversized clothes are comfy," you smirk.
     He smiled and got dressed. He is feeling more relaxed now he's here - with you.

*

You shove pen and paper in his direction. "That for you to communicate," you explain. He gets the hint and grabs the pen.
     He shows you his scrabby handwriting, I'm Bucky Barnes. "Yes! Great! Wonderful!" you beam, which makes Bucky smile.

"How are you?" you ask and Bucky enthusiastically begins to write. Afraid. Now I'm here with you. More Relaxed.
     His words make you smile. "I will protect until we find the solution. You can stay here if you want," you say. He began to write again, really? That's sweet. His vocals may be gone, but his thoughts are racing.
     The first time he saw you, his human heart stopped. The other side of him was too strong to give in. Bucky fought himself that time and after. He realises that he likes you - a lot.

"Bucky?" you ask. You pulled him out of his train of thoughts. His eyes widen slightly as a signal. "Are you okay?" He nods, and writes yes. I'm okay.

*

"Bucky?" you call. He pops his head around the corner. "Tony needs me at Stark Tower, I'll be back in a few hours. Will you be alright?" He hesitates, but nods. You smile and hug him.

You make a portal and there you are; Stark Tower. While Bucky starts his project.

"Okay, Stark. You need me?" you ask. Tony looks up to see you. "Well, not me. The other Sherlock," he says and continues his project. You roll your eyes and ask where he is.
     "Strange? You need me? Why do you need me?" you ask while walking into his room. Which was a mistake. "Bloody hell, I'll turn around," you say - clearly embarrassed. Strange stood there with only a towel - hanging loosely around his hips.
     He turned around and was shocked. "I'm sorry Y/N, I'll get dressed. Be right back."

"I wanted to talk to you about something important," he says - fully dressed. "Mhmm, okay," you say. "The Ancient One does during a fight," he says and it hits you like a bus.
     "No... you're tricking me. You always did. No, I can't believe this," you say - your voice trembling. You step backwards but trips. Strange caught you in a second.
     "How?" you say - wiping away your tears. "She fell like an angel when Kaecilius tricked her."

"Are you sure you want to go? You can stay whenever you want, you know," Strange suggests. "I know and that's very sweet. But I like my home," you say after you have calmed down.
"I'll visit soon, Strange."

You opened a portal to see a dark room. You flicker on the lights and see Bucky with papers in his hands.

Y/N

I want

To tell

You

Something

I didn't know

How

But I realised

Something

Important

I

Like/love

You

Very

Much

Tears are welling up as you read his message. "Aw Bucky, that is too sweet," you say and tackle him in a hug. "I like you too," you say and pecks him on his cheek. His face reddened.

The bell rang and you stood up - straighten up your clothes. You opened the door and someone swung himself around your neck - nestling in the crook of your neck. "Y/N, I miss him so," he sobs and then it hits you who this is.
The one and only Steve Rogers.
"Shhh, calm down. Calm down," you say, "I don't want you to freak out. Okay?" He hums an approvement.

"Bucky is alive and here," you say. Steve tilts his head and you notice his red puffy eyes. "Wha... what?" he asks confused. "Bucky is here, he has escaped Hydra. He is here," you say with a smile and lead him to the living room.
Steve and Bucky made eye contact after several years. Tears are rolling down as Steve hugs Bucky tight as Bucky returns the hug.