26. Steve Rogers

I took me quite some time to write this story, but I finished! I hope you like it!!

I have upcoming exams and I'm stressing like hell... If you know some tips, please let me know and wish me luck! <3

──── ────

The story about how Steve and you met is quite, how do you say that, special. It is not how other couples met, this is far more different. And you want to know why?

1942.

You're working on the USA military. The only job you have, "they say", is recruiting new soldiers. That's your 'main' job. Howard Stark asked you to assist him for his new project for Super Soldier. Howard has this skinny boy in mind, Steve Rogers.
The military also want you to be a soldier to fight alongside the Super Soldier. So, you have to train, you already had most of the skills already in possession. You're the Super Female Soldier,

You have a busy life. You liked it, you weren't afraid of the war. Fighting for your freedom, for the people who can't fight for themselves. Saving the world from the nazis.

"Y/N, today is the day. Steve agreed to the experiment," Howard laughs widely. You smile a bit awkward. 'I hope he'll be alright.' You met Steve. He might be skinny, but he has a heart of gold. A smile appears on your face when your thoughts were on Steve.
"Are you alright?" you ask when you see Steve pale face. "Yeah, just a bit nervous." "You'll be alright," you try to sooth him. "Thank you," he sends you a warm smile.

"Steve, are you ready?" Howard asks. Steve's face is white, "Y... yes." "You'll be okay, Steve," you assure him. Steve smiles at you, 'She will be there when I'm done.' He kept that in mind.
     You are not allowed standing so close to the scene. A woman vaccinates Steve, "that wasn't so bad." "It's only penicillin," the doctor warns. Several sums are installed near Steve. After those were vaccinated, Howard is the man to change him.

He stood in a kind of tube. "Steven, are you ready?" the doctor asks. "It's probably too late to go to the bathroom, right?" Steve answers. "We're ready!"
Howard pulls over the lever to active the process. A bright light comes from the tube. "40%!" Howard shouts. A scream is heard, it came from the tube. You run closer to the scene, where they can hear you. "Shut it down!" You yell. They do nothing. "Shut it down!"

"No, I can do this," a voice said. It came from the tube. The doctor nods to Howard. He pulls the lever any further. "100%!" Howard yells. The electricity is overpowered and the stops break.
The tube opens to reveal a muscular man. You run downs the stairs. "Steve," you breathe, "how are you feeling?" "Pretty good," he says smiling to you. You wanted to touch is boob, but you changed your mind. Instead of touching you give him a jacket.

Weeks later you had to practise with Steve, because you were the 'other' super soldier. Practically, you two are together for a full day. He doesn't seem to mind, you do not either.
     "You are so strong, Y/N," Steve says. You and him aren't even panting. "A female super soldier," you laugh while sparring with him. Steve chuckles at your respond.
     "So, what do you afterwards?" Steve asks while drinking water. "Recruiting newbies, like you were," you smirk. Steve grabs you by the waist and throws you over his shoulder. You squeal in surprise. "Steve." "What's wrong?" he asks playfully. You can feel the smirk on his face.

"Get Steve and Y/N over here," the commander says to one of his men. "Yes, sir."
     "You wanted to speak to us, sir?" you ask. The commander turns to you, "ah, our super soldiers. Yes, we have located Hydra." You look at Steve, the moment when he does. "Does that mean we have mission?" Steve asks. "Indeed, Captain."

"Are you ready, Y/N?" Steve asks when you got your suits ready. "Yeah, I'm pretty excited though." You were terrified, so much adrenaline is running through your body.
     Suddenly Steve gets a hold of your hands. You look confused in his blue eyes. "Is there something wrong, Steev?" you ask nervously. "Nope, everything is fine," he mumbles. His eyes flickers to your lips and back to your eyes.
     "Fuck it," he breathes and kisses you softly. You froze like an antelope in headlights. Steve separates with a worried looks in his eyes. "I... I shouldn't have done that," he mumbles. You grab his collar and pull him in another kiss. He's shocked for a second, but kisses you back.

"I can do this all day," he says while separating for oxygen. "I know you can," you say pecking his lips again.
"How long?" you ask after a moment. "Hmm?" "When did you decide you wanted to kiss me?" you say. "From the start, when I was all skinny," he chuckles.
"And for you?" he asks while putting on his suit. "When I got to know you," you say looking away. "Hmm, afraid to see me?" he says, you can feel his smirk. "No, I've seen you when you're transformed," you say, your cheeks burned up. "Hmm."

"Y/N, I need you to be careful okay? I don't want to lose you," Steve says holding your hands. "You need to be careful as well," you say pecking his lips.
You and Steve are at location. Searching down the building, finding nothing. "Steve, there is nothing in here," you tell. Steve is another room. "I found something," he yells.

"Steve, there's someone in the cockpit." you whisper. Steve walks toward the cockpit, trying you to stay behind him. He dashed into the cockpit with his shield.
     "Red Skull." Red Skull smirks by seeing you. "Ah, the Super Soldiers," he scoffs. "You can't stop me nor the plane."

"Y/N, we need to stop this plane or it will destroy New York," Steve says while trying to change the plane's course. "I know Steve, I know. I'm trying to," you say trying to stay calm.
New York is closely in your sights. "Y/N, I can do one thing. To save New York," Steve sighs. His words hit you like a train. He's planning to crash the plane into the waters. "Whatever it takes."
"I love you so much Y/N." He kisses you deeply, for the last time. For the last time you feel his soft lips. "I love you too, Steve," you cry. "We're gonna do this."

Steve tried with all his might to crash the plane into the Atlantic. He succeeded, you and Steve are in the ice. Unconscious.

2012.

You wake up, sitting straight up in bed. Looking around to see an unknown room with some nice from the radio. "1945, the war is over."
When you're about to panic, a black man walk into your room. "Where am I?" you ask. "Back alive, I see," he says dryly. "Where's Steve Rogers?"

"Steve!" you say happily, jumping in his arms. "Y/N, I thought I would never see you again," he says kissing you. "How?" you cry. "We have been sleeping for 70 years."
     "Everyone is gone?" you say, escaping Steve grasp. "Everyone is gone, Howard is gone, Peggy is gone." "I know, we only have each other," he hugs you.

"Captain America, Captain Britain. Welcome to Shield," Nick Fury welcomes you.