38. Natasha Romanoff

Well, putting my experience in this story :)

──── ────

S.H.I.E.L.D. High school. You were around the age of 16, preparing for your exams. You and your friends are there for each other, right? Wrong. With your friends it is a bit more complicated.
     Natasha Romanoff has been a very good friend since two years. You had the feeling that you could have told her anything without telling it to anyone else. You trust her with your life.
     Your other friends are funny and smart - but they can hardly understand complicated stuff. The last few years didn't go as planned. Life threw heavy stuff at you. Because of that heavy stuff you became depressed - which was a bit hard to understand for my friends. Even for Natasha.

"Chemistry, right?" you ask Maria as soon as you spot her. She nods, "yes. Sadly yes."
     The bell rang and you walked to your class. You know this week will be hard for you. You have an English exam, you'll be mentally disturbed, and physically. So, yay. Only, nobody knows this.
     "Good morning," your professor greets you. You gave her een small smile while taking your seat next to Elizabeth.

Chemistry wasn't that boring. It was more like a celebration - because you finally get the subject. The other subjects were difficult- almost too difficult. Your professor smiled at you and your friend's action.

The bell rang again - 50 minutes later. Biology. That was boring - especially because of the Professor. He is nice and kind - but his voice is kind of boring.
     He has been talking about the DNA - quite interesting though. However, your mind was somewhere else. At the events that will happen this week. You are surprisingly bad at English listen exams.
     "Y/N," Natasha elbows you. You snap out of your train of thoughts. "What?" you answer. "You have to go to work," she says. You nod and open your book. Only, nothing happens - you have no motivation to start.

Fifty minutes later, the second ring saves you from this dying class. Your favourite subject is now up - connected with your favourite professor. Many students dislike this class - named maths.
     You walk to your seat - which is at the professor's desk. The professor looks at you and smiles. Yes, she has been your mentor for two years and have been helping you greatly. Even though it doesn't look like it - she has a heart of gold.
     The funny thing is, she favours you. Every time she is writing on the board - she looks at you when she is thinking. Yes, your grade at maths are incredible. Many are thinking that is why she favours you - but she just likes you.

The third bell rang - noting that you have a break. Everyone leaves the classroom - only you stay behind. You always chat with her after class.
     "How's the pain, Miss?" you ask. Poor woman had fallen of her horse. You saw it immediately - felt sorry for her. "Yes, it is okay, but not that I am able to do everything," she says - gathering her stuff. "That sucks to hear."
     "And how are you?" she asks when you both walk out of the classroom. "Well, what can I say. That exam. Hospital. Psychologist. It can't be better," you said sarcastically. Compassion was written all over her face. "It will be alright," she says.
     "I hope so," you sound quite unsure. She smiles warmly - then she turns in the way you know her. "Now I want a cup of coffee," she says - making you laugh. "Good luck," you say before separating your ways.

You had told Natasha that you are not present in the next few days. She only shrugged and said okay. That made you feel sucks. You had always valued someone's opinion.

The next day, the first thing would happen. Because a heavy memory is haunting your mind - your psychologist will help you processing it. That means you have to get back to that memory - which had to deal with gymnastics.
     "So, your grumpy coach said you didn't put enough effort in your sport," she repeated. "Yes," you hear your own voice breaking. After twenty-five minutes you succeeded not crying. However, those last five minutes - you just broke down.
     Your psychologist had the same compassion your mentor had. She wished you luck with the day. "See you Thursday."

That day, you lied numbly in the couch. You constantly fell asleep - which your psychologist had warned you for. She was right, you were exhausted.
     That night you went early to bed. Sleeping from 10PM to 7AM - which is extraordinary.

That English exam went hell that day. From 8.30AM to 10.10AM. You couldn't concentrate. You do had fun with your friends during the break.
     Natasha hadn't spoken to you - not even a word. You took your distance and left her alone. You were still tired - even after sleeping so much.

After 10.10AM you went back home - wanted to be gone before anyone saw you and asked questions. You know for 100% that they would have find it quite weird. They will think you are appointing. Yes, amazing friends. You do not mind them, because they can't understand.

Last night you had asked Natasha to do a favour. "If someone asks where I am, will you say that they are private?" you texted. "I will." she had answered.
     That day after you had left your English exam. You should have had biology. Some person texted you were you were... yes, you can guess. Natasha is the one who always sit next to you and that person is always behind you. That means that Natasha didn't say what you had asked.
     That hurts - pretty much. You were in a two-fight too. Thursday will be a heavy day and you don't know if you will be present Friday. However you had to hand in your art project that Thursday. You are allowed to hand it in on Friday, but you don't want to go.

Thursday... 11.00AM. You are present in the hospital - yearly control for your blood sickness thing. It is pretty annoying - because your blood will bleed like water or something.
     Although, the people who are working there are very kind to you. You do have to get an injection - to donate blood for the research.
     You ate lunch with your mother - it became sort of a tradition.

A few hours later you had to go to your psychologist - to process that horrible memory.
     You had to follow her fingers to create the REM (Rapid Eye Movement) - causing parts of the brain will be active. Then the memory will be processed.
You were exhausted after that... you repeated the movement from Tuesday. Lying numbly on the couch.

You were texting your bestie (ugh I hate that word lol) about what happened. She lives too far away from you - sadly enough.
Elizabeth does get the difficult of this subject. She supports you in whatever you do. She is the friend who was there for you when you needed her. Some gave you the feeling of letting you down - which was really really painful.

"I thought you were my friend," you typed - wanted to send it to Natasha. But erased it.

That Friday you decided to go to school. You were in a living hell. Luckily for you - your first period was maths. Your professor immediately saw that you were simply exhausted.
After maths you had a free period - so you had asked your math professor if she could open the door to the art rooms. She agreed to it and walked with you.

You sat there alone - with your ugly work in front of you. You look around you - to check if nobody's around you. Then you burst out in tears - not be able to hold them longer.

Natasha stopped by and saw you crying. She decides not to pop in, but to get the person who you fully trust. Your math professor.
"Miss, will you please come with me?" Natasha asks as soon as she sees the professor. "Why?" she asked. "Y/N. She doesn't seem so well." that convinced her to walk along with Natasha.

Your professor knocked onto the door - causing you to look up. Trying to pretend nothing happened. She walks in and sits across you.
She notices that you have been crying. "Are you okay?" she asks. You shake your head - letting the tears flow.
Then you received a text. It was from Natasha.

"I love you. Sorry for letting you down when you needed me the most❤️."