47. Angourie Rice

Euh, hey guys. Today's a different story, I have a request from @paultiteuf360. So, today will be there a boy in the main story. As far as I know, only girls read this book. I'll do this her/his in this story.

I do hope you'll like it!

──── ────

Dusk has fallen over the city. You watched the sun go down and went to your bed with your back facing the door. You closed your eyes to pretend to be asleep. There you laid, waiting for the lady to check your room.
Once the door opened, you pretended to be asleep. The lady took a quick glance at you and closed the door. That gave you also the time, it was now 10 PM. You jumped out of bed to grab your backpack.

You open the closet door to see your tidy clothes and thus already ready to be packed. It wasn't a large backpack, so you had limited space. Along with the food and clothes, you spotted your mother's leather gloves. You starred at it for a moment, thinking if you should pack them or put them on.
These gloves reminded you of your mother, who had been wearing gloves since the day you were born. You've always liked the feeling of the gloves, only you didn't know why. Maybe because everyone you liked or loved, wore gloves. You sigh but decide to put on the gloves. You shivered shortly at the feeling and then smiled.

The lanterns were enlightening the streets and you saw no light from underneath your door. Here we go, you thought. After your mother had passed away, you were put in an orphanage. It was a lot for you to take in because all of a sudden you had no family and lived with tons of other children.
Blessing, while climbing out of the window, your room was on the ground floor. With a soft sound, you landed on the grass. Your heartbeat beating in your throat as you walk away from the orphanage.

The first meters, you ran. You had to make sure you were out of sight of the orphanage. Back in the orphanage, you pretended that you liked it there. That made the ladies think you were happy and happily answered your questions. They had shown you a map, to where you were and where New York was.
You've always wanted to go to New York, not only because of the big city. No, also because of this one actress you would be thrilled to meet; Angourie Rice. She had been playing in the Spiderman films, along with Tom Holland and Jacob Batalon.

You've spent hours walking and you were exhausted. However, your face lit up when you saw the large skyscrapers of New York City. Your eyes turned into big orbs and with a refilled tank you walked towards the large City.
     How am I going to find her? This is impossible! You thought when you were walking among the people. Most of them looked at you weird or concerned. The sun started to rise and your eyes started to close.

One woman kneels to your height, but you are too tired to say something. All of the adrenaline of the night was gone. The woman couldn't leave you there in the big city and lifted you in her arms. You had your arms around her neck and your legs around her waist.
''Thank you, mummy,'' you mutter. The woman's eyes widened as she walked to her apartment. From these teeny words, she believed you were all on your own. She had tucked you in bed and decided to make you some food. The poor boy/girl must be hungry. Poor kid.

Your eyes fluttered open and you stretched out. You survey the room and scowl. Where am I? Speaking of the devil, a woman came in walking with a tray in her hands. ''Ah, you are awake,'' she says kindly. Her voice reached your ears and you knew that voice.
Your eyes widened as you looked at the woman. ''Y-you're... y-you're... A-angourie R-rice!'' you stammer. The girl chuckles and places the tray next to the bed. ''The one and only,'' she smiles proudly. ''I-I love y-your r-role in S-spiderman,'' you stutter like crazy. She lets out another chuckle, ''thank you so much. Who are you?''