37. Steve Rogers

I am so so so so sorry for not publishing... I was very busy with school... sorry my dear readers! But I do have one now —> enjoy!!❤️

──── ────

"Y/N! Will you check on those customers? Thank you!" your boss asks - before disappearing in the kitchen again. You had two jobs. One was helping your mother in her restaurant whenever it was busy. Two was serving the country as much as you can.
     You made your walk towards the customers. "Hello, may I pick up your order, please?" you automatically say. Soft giggles were heard by the gentlemen. You look up from your little notebook. You look up to see two guys, one's blonde and the other's brunette, around 27.
     "You have a familiar face," the brunette says with a small smile on his face. Your eyes are filled with confusion. "Oh and where does my familiar come from?" you question. "I'm not sure, yet. I am Bucky Barnes, serving the country." He shakes you hand with a wide smile. "I am Steve Rogers," the blonde man says - shaking your hand too.
     "Serving the country, huh? That's also my job, maybe you recognise my name. Y/N Stark." The realisation hit Bucky's face. "That's right, Y/N Stark," he beams.
     "Anyways, what can I serve you?"

That is how you really met the two soldiers. Months later - you bumped into them around campus. They greeted you extensively. They were happy to see you again - especially Bucky.
     You get to hang out with them more - getting closer to them as ever before. Slowly as well, you started to fall for Steve. He's just such a gentlemen, he's understanding, his personality was prefect. He was perfect, the perfect soldier.
     The bond between you three was inseparable. One day, the boys invited you to do something 'fun'. It was a survival parcours - with mud. A grin appeared on your face when they invited you.

"Okay, we just need to finish this parkour," Steve simply explains. You shrug - sprinting off immediately. You climbed on the walls, swung like monkey, covered in mud. The boys were not far behind you - right on your heels.
When you weren't paying attention - they boys were ahead of you. "What? I seriously look away for two seconds," you groan - causing the others to laugh.
At the end of parkour it was really slippery. You walk towards the boys when someone practically pushes you aside. You were about to fall, but two strong arms caught you. You look up to see Steve's muddy face. You gave him a thankful smile, "thank you!"

The next day, Y/N had to show her new coworker around the campus. Peggy Carter. She is a fine woman - fierceful as well. She is also very pretty - but definitely someone to kick the other's ass if she has to.
Y/N and Peggy stopped to explore this new area. Also, Steve and Bucky were training. Peggy looks at the boys - smiling innocently. Steve looks in your direction - waving. You two wave back before leaving to another part of the campus.
You like Peggy. Finally another woman and another woman who has some sense. How long will that last...?

Peggy got into your group with Steve and Bucky. You went to the bar to celebrate something. Peggy sat next to Steve and you say next to Bucky. You actually look at Steve all the time - hopeless in love.
Only, it stung pretty bad when Steve took Peggy to the dance floor. They stood so close and the look between them. It was clear enough, but hard to deny. Steve wasn't in love with you. He was in love with your newest coworker - Peggy Carter.
You fought back your tears. The only way to escape this, is leaving the bar. You had told Bucky that you were sick. He saw something about you - but did let you go. A sad smile was written on soldier's face. 'You should have asked her earlier, you stupid.'

The next few days, you kind of tried to avoid them. You were needed in the restaurant - which gave you the opportunity to get your mind off. That was what you thought...
Well, you couldn't get your mind off as soon as you hear a familiar voice. "Hey, Y/N. Haven't seen you in while," Steve says. You forced yourself a smile. "What can I get for you?" you ask politely.
The rest of your shift - you felt eyes burning in your back. You thought it was Steve - so you tried to shrug it off. However, it wasn't Steve. Steve notices Bucky looking at someone and looks in the same direction as his best friend - spotting Y/N. "Are you starring at Y/N?" he asks curiously. Bucky's cheeks heated up but didn't give any answer.

At some point, Bucky had found out that Y/N Stark was in love with his best friend. That hit him like a bus. It makes him sad, because he loves you - from the first moment he had lain his eyes on you.
He tried his best to put on a smile to make you happy. Only, you weren't around that much anymore. Bucky felt like a third wheel without you. So, Bucky decided to invite you and Steve to the bar. 'Without Peggy. Just the three of us. It has been so long.' was his explanation. They both agreed.

You sit across the gentlemen on the booth - stirring your drink. It still hurts that Steve's in love with Peggy. However, there is someone who is hurt too because she doesn't love him back. Thinking her heart belongs to another.
Y/N zoomed out in a sort of trance. Her expression was sad and unhappy. Bucky got onto his feet - stalked over to your side. He offers his hand, you snap out of your trance - seeing Bucky's hand. You smile and accept it.
     Bucky took you the dance floor and started dancing with you. You giggled at first - at his crazy dance moves. You laughed and felt happy again. You look at Bucky and realise that he has made you happy.

A slow song came up. Your cheeks became red and he seemed flustered too. His hands made its way to your waist and your arms found their way in his neck. You look him in the eyes - these adorable eyes. Your faces are so close to each other that you breath the same air.
     Bucky leans in closer - brushing his lips against yours. He pulls away - scared for you reaction. Your reaction was a smile and kissing him again. "Do you know how long I've been waiting to do that?" his comment made you laugh.

Steve - who is sitting at the bar - is watching the scene. A big smile graced his lips. His best friend finally found someone - someone who wouldn't abandon him. He knows that Y/N Stark is a great great great woman.
Steve grins and takes another sip of his drink - watching his friends in awe.