20. Chris Evans

The reader has a secret admirer. If you use those pretty brains of yours, you know who it is. Don't spoil its admirer seems to know everything about her. In the end, it seems that he stands closer to her than she thought. I'm almost sure you know who it is, but it was fun to write. Enjoy

──── ────

Just when you are about to leave your shared apartment, you forget your keys. You rush to the door, but when you open the door you see a bouquet of roses. You look to the left and to the right, seeing no one. You pick up the bunch of roses, looking for a card. The thing is, there's no card. 'Hmm, strange?' you place the bouquet in the water and leave your apartment.

You text Chris as soon as you are in the metro. Chris, I found a bouquet of roses in front of our door... It was odd? You and Chris met at the premiere of The Avengers. You became best friends. When Chris needed a home because he had sold the house, you offered your apartment, which he accepted.

You wake up out of your daydream by a buzz of your phone. Well Well... Does my best friend have a secret admirer? ;) you chuckle at his reaction. No, I think not. It's probably a coincidence. You step out of the metro, walking to your destination. Your phone wants some more attention and it starts to buzz. But they are your favorite roses, right? How did he know? Chris gets you thinking about that. 'He's right, how does he know my favorites are roses?' Maybe you're right...

"Hello, Y/N!" your co-worker greets happily. "Good morning, Skyler." you smile. "I have already done the mail and you have a special one, waiting for you," she says winking. You rush to your desk, noticing a letter with your name on it, written in elegant calligraphy. You open the letter, you look carefully at its handwriting but you can't place who this is.

My dear Y/N,

You may, or may not, know who I am. In this letter, you don't know my identification but you do know me in real life. The reason I wrote you this letter is that I love you. I have this strange feeling, I felt it the moment I laid my eyes on you. Your very damn beautiful eyes. Every time I see you, there are butterflies in my stomach, flying happily around. I get this warm feeling when I'm with you and I feel empty without you.
I also wrote this letter, because I don't have the guts, yet, to tell you how much I love you. I am afraid to be rejected, that you don't have the feelings I have. I wanted to vent, to tell somebody. And I did, to you. I wanted to tell the love of my life how I feel, how you make me feel. Yet, you don't know who I am, you will find out soon. I promise you that, I promise you I will show myself.

I love you,
X

You are stunned for several minutes, processing what's just happened. Still not realizing what happened, you grab your phone. Chris, I received a letter where someone confesses his love for me... and you are way out of your daily routine. You phone buzzes when you are trying to work. I will come over during your lunch, is that okay? You know he's right, in any way. Yes, please. I would like that.. you slit your phone in your pocket. You get back in your routine, grading papers, answering emails. You forget the time and your appointment with Chris.

"Y/N?" you hear and there's another knock on the door. "Come in!" You answer without looking at the door. "I see you forgot the letter," Chris says. "Yeah, I guess." you grab the letter, showing it to Chris. He reads it within two minutes. "I... You... I guess you have a secret admirer," he says. "I don't know what to think about it," you say, you're obviously confused. "Maybe you should wait. Wait for the man, give him a chance to reveal himself." "Chris, you always know how to tell this, thanks." You stand up and hug him. "You're welcome."

A week later and you didn't get anything from the Secret Admirer. Your daily routine is stabled. When you have spare time, you go to the woods. Clearing your mind. Usually taking the dog, Dodger, with you. Chris made sure you didn't mind if Dodger came with him. The moment Dodger saw you, he ran his way to you, attacking you. In a friendly way. Chris ran into the room, see if you were okay. But soon he saw you chuckling he knew you were okay. "Dodger? Come on, buddy. I'm heading home."

The next day, Skyler told you about another letter. Your eyes widen when she told you that. "Skyler, I'll tell you everything as soon as I know it myself," you explain. "Of course, take your time," she says smiling. You rush into your office, searching for the letter. This time, you recognize the handwriting.

My dear Y/N,

Did you miss me? As you know, you haven't received anything from me. But here we are, I have built enough courage to reveal myself. I don't mention myself in this letter, because I want to see your reaction when you see me. If you don't have feelings for me, is that okay. I can't force you to fall in love with me. I already faced that fact.
Tonight is the night. Tonight I will reveal myself. Tonight I will see your beautiful sparkling eyes. Everything is beautiful. You are a beautiful woman. I can't deny that. I don't want too either. I love you, I can't get enough of it. I care deeply about you, you may care about me too. Your pieces are completed tonight.
For now, try to finish your work. I know you can do it. See you tonight.

X

"Tonight is the night," you say. Tonight is the night. you text Chris. Are you gonna meet him? His answer was very quick. Yes, he sent me another letter and told me tonight is the night. You become a little nervous, now you know that you will meet you, secret admirer, tonight. Great! Where? He hasn't told you where. You start to panic a little, maybe he forgot? He didn't tell me, what now? You see Chris typing. Maybe you should go home, maybe you find something there. I'm not at home now, so I can't look. 'Chris, you're such a sweetie.' Relax, you have to do your own business. Don't worry, I will go home after work. Chris sent you a smiley and went offline.

You try to keep the focus on your work, but you are too distracted. You inform Skyler to come over. "You wanted to see me?" she asks. You nod and start to tell her the whole story. "Wow, I... wow," she says. Exact the same reaction. "You own the guy his heart," she says. You nod, "he wrote that tonight is the night." "Tell me tomorrow, okay?" She says and gives you a hug. "I will," you say.  "I have some nerves for tonight," you admit. She chuckles, "Well, you're crazy if you haven't. It will be okay, call me if something is wrong. If not, I will hear it tomorrow." "You're the best."

At six you are on your way home. It takes twenty minutes to get home, on your way home you constantly fidget with your fingers. You notice a little note on your front door. Tonight is the night. You open the door to see a table with candlelight and flowers, which are of course roses. You walk closer to see another letter. You open it.

My dear Y/N,

The time has come, I'll finally reveal myself. Damn, I'm so nervous.
Turn around in 3... 2... 1...

You turn around like the letter tells you. Your jaw drops when you see who it is. "I could have done this day," he says walking to you. "You. Are. The. Secret. Admirer?" You u almost whispers. Chris smiles and nods. You get tears in your eyes and you jump in his arms. "I... I..." you stutter like hell. "Did you mean those words?" you ask. He nods again, "every word came from here." He points to his heart. "It laid in front of my eyes, the whole time." "I love you so much Y/N," he says. He waits in anguish for your opinion about him.

"When I first met you, I thought you would only be a friend," you start. Chris's hope fades away. "But when you moved in, the longer I spent time with you. I started to feel something. I was scared, I've tried to put them away. But I failed, I love you, Christopher," you say. Chris's eyes shot to you. "Really?" "Really!" You lean in until your lips meet his.

"You will not let me go, will you?" you mumble against his lips. "No, I don't think I will," you separate for the need of air. You had dinner and afterward you dance. Actually, holding each other while a little swinging. You have your head on his chest and he has his head on the top of your head. You both have your eyes closed, enjoying this beautiful night.