locked up

Athena's POV

The sound of the gunshot is still ringing in my ears when I see more soldiers running in and out of the rooms and through the hallways. I just stumble around, trying not to stand in anyone's way. "Athena? Athena can you hear me?" I see the man in charge coming towards me, but it's like I'm in a bubble and the sounds get distorted. "We need to get you checked, to doctor will be here any second now." "I don't need a medjack, I'm not bleeding anymore." my head hurts. "What's a medjack? Is that how you called medical personel in the Maze?" I look at him confused. did I say that out loud? weird... talking had become strange to me. He just wipes something sticky of my cheek. I'm to dazed to even flinch away from the touch. "You need to get checked and cleaned up. Doc!! She's in shock!" I shake my head as he starts leading me down the hallway. "I'm not... Oh no... He's going to be so mad..." The man looks at me worried, but keeps guiding me slowly. "No one is mad about anything Athena, you're alright. Don't worry." I look at him, but his face isn't clear. In fact, everything is kinda blurry. My head is spinning so fast... "No you don't understand, I got blood all over his shirt. All over his favourite.." A female voice talks back at me while I drift away further and further. "Shh sweetie it's alright, I'm sure he'll understand. We'll wash it, okay?" Gally is going to be so mad... Gally is dead... Chuckie..

"A concussion, on top of all the previously established trauma... I don't think it's a good idea for him to be here." "But look at her vitals, her heartrate stabilizes, bloodpressure goes to normal, she sleeps calmer. I know it's not standard procedure, but it's not hurting her." I feel someone next to me and some of my muscles tense up. "Athena?" I would know that voice anywhere. I open my eyes and see the green ones of Gally looking right back, just like every dream I've had since I got dragged out of the Glade. "Gally?" I hear the nurses shuffling around in the room, talking about getting the doctor. He's tearing up, "I can't believe you're here. I've missed you so, so much" He keeps whispering. It's such a shame I'm going to wake up to an empty bed. "It's only a dream Gally, it's not real." He smiles a bit. "but it is real. I'm here, you're here. We are safe here. Athena, we can stay here, defeat WICKED and.." Oh hell. This is real. Very real. I sit up, my head spinning, interupting Gally. "Athena what.." I look at him with a blank expression "You killed Chuck." I get out of the bed and walk backwards slowly, not caring that I'm only wearing a grey oversized shirt. It smells like it's his. "Athena wait, I.." "You killed him. I saw you. I saw you... murder him." I keep getting further away from him. He steps closer, slowly, seeing how I'm getting ready to run if I need to. "Please listen to me. I was stung. I didn't know what was happening, WICKED.." "WICKED DIDN'T KILL A THIRTEEN YEAR OLD BOY!! YOU DID!!" I started screaming, throwing anything and everything within my reach at him. "HE WAS ONLY THIRTEEN GALLY!! A CHILD!! AND YOU MURDERED HIM!!"  Something pricks my neck and I lose control over my body, going completly limb. Gally murdered Chuck... Chuckie...

Gally's POV

"Could you please look at me?" She refuses. In fact, she hasn't changed position since she calmed down after throwing a fit for being in a cel. for her own safety and because she's a flightrisk. "Athena?" No reaction. She's still wearing my grey shirt. "If you would just look at the screen, it shows what happend. I know I can't bring him back, but I need you to..." Her head snaps in my direction and before I know it, she jumps towards the bars and grabs the collar of my shirt. Ripping it as I flinch backwards. "YOU MURDERED HIM! How could you?!!?" tears begin streaming over her face "how.... how could you?" She stands in the middle of the empty cell, crying, hugging herself. Breaks my heart to see her so heartbroken, knowing it's all my fault. "Athena I... if I could take his place, I would. I really would. But please..." she looks at me with an expression of rage "YOU DID. YOU WERE DEAD AND INSTEAD OF SAVING CHUCK, THEY SAVED YOU! YOU SELFISH PIECE OF KLUNK!!! HE WAS THIRTEEN!" I feel my cheecks heat up "I DIDN'T WANT TO BE SAVED! I WOKE UP HERE SAME AS YOU, I DIDN'T CHOOSE TO LIVE WITH HIS DEATH FOREVER HAUNTING ME!!" something in her expression breaks, but I'm to angry to stop now. "I'VE SPENT EVERY FREE MOMENT TRYING TO FIND YOU!" I feel my voice breaking, but I can't... at least like this she'll have to hear what I have to say. "It's always been for you, trying to find you! You dissapeared from the Glade, I went out in the Maze to find you!! And maybe if you didn't let them take you, I would have never been stung..." "and Chuck would still be alive..." My anger fades away in seconds when I hear the soft words, filled with guild. "Chuck would still be alive... It's all my fault." What have I done.

It's been a week now. Athena is still locked up in one of the cells, to keep her from running off. And hurting herself... possibly others as well. With me on top of that list.