uncontrollable laughter

Newt's POV

There is something different about Athena. She looks... Happier. Like she's on a cloud and nothing can get her down. "So Gally, saw you fixed the shower door." It wasn't a question, but I needed to break this silence. He exchanged a look with Athena, who giggles. She really just giggled. "yeah." Again that look at her. She smiles at me "Turns out I'm really good at handing stuff at people. Maybe I should be the Keeper of that." Most Gladers at the table just snicker. She turns to me "What say you, Newt, Keeper of the Trackhoe's and Second in command?" Oh so she knows. "I think you can always ask Alby, bat those pretty lashes. I'm sure he'll agree." I wink at her, earning me a kick under the table. A flash of pain must have been visible on my face, because she grins a bit wider. alright, two can play that game. I reach for my cup, filled to the brim, and knock it over, making the water flow over the table, on Athena's pants. "Oops. Silly me." Minho just happened to walk past and saw the whole thing. "Newt, my man, that's not what they mean with 'make a woman wet down there'" He sits down next to Athena, whose looking at me angry. Her pants and a large part of her shirt soaked. "But I can surely help with that. Good evening Athena." She smiles, too sweetly. Minho never even saw the cup coming, as she reached behind back and emptied it in his neck. she's a real piece of work. I see something flare up in Minho's eyes. "This. Means. War." He grabs a random cup from the table and wants to splash it in her face, but she is faster than him and ducks. Gally, on the other hand, does not. "Oh boy. Shouldn't have done that Minho." Chuck looks from Gally to Minho "Maybe we should just calm down and..." "YOU SHANK!" "yeah didn't think that was gonna work." Chuck shrugs and turns back to his stew. But before a fight broke loose, everyone stopped and look at Athena. She just sat there, on the grass. Laughing, just laughing so hard a single tear rolled down her cheek. she's so beautiful. The sound of her uncontrollable laughter attracted the attention of more Gladers. Gally just looks at her, as if he's enchanted. I think everyone looking at her is enchanted. "Jeez... what's gotten into her?" Alby just stands next to me, a full plate in his hands. "If I knew, I would tell you. She'll come around... eventually." but that laugh though. Like music. 

Athena's POV

Oh my stomach hurts. But the look on Minho's face when he realized what he had done. And Gally, completely at a loss for words. It was just to much. too shucking funny. I couldn't stop, everytime I looked a either of them, I started laughing again, unable to explain why. I wasn't even bothered by my wet clothes anymore. I'll just get another shirt from Gally. "Is she even breathing? it's getting really weird now." "Maybe she just lost it, gone completely insane." "What if she's stung? I've seen someone laugh like a madman for hours on end..." I take a breath, trying to control myself. "No I'm..I'm fine. Just... don't look at me. Please." I let out a chuckle as I sit back down at the table, grabbing an empty cup from the ground and putting it down on the table. ey that sound... I do it again. "Oh wait guys I have an idea. Are you done eating?" I look at the table, all the plates are stacked up at the head of the table. Gally looks at me "What are you up to." I smile at him "It's a little game. Music. Okay look closely. you'll need your cup. Empty." 

It didn't take them long to learn the rhythm. Even Gally, who had the most problems a few minutes ago, seemed to get the hang of it. Newt looks at me confused "okay we got it. What now?" I smile from ear to ear. "Just keep doing that. ready?" 

"I got my ticket for the long way run
Two bottle of whiskey for the way
And I sure would like some sweet company
And I'm leaving tomorrow, what'dya say" 

"When I'm gone, when I'm gone 
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me by my hair
You're gonna miss me everywhere, oh
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
When I'm gone, when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me by my walk
You're gonna miss me by my talk, oh
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone"

"I got my ticket for the long way round
The one with the prettiest of views
It's got mountains
It's got river's
It's got sights to give you shivers
But it sure would be prettier with you"

"When I'm gone, when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
When I'm gone, when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me by my walk
You're gonna miss me by my talk, oh
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
When I'm gone, when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me by my hair
You're gonna miss me everywhere, oh
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone"

"When I'm gone, when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me by my walk
You're gonna miss me by my talk, oh
You're sure gonna miss me when I'm gone"

I started cheering, we did it without missing a single beat. Even though Chuck messed up by dropping his cup once, he got back into it. "You guys are amazing!" I almost can't contain my excitement, this makes being surrounded by a Maze less horrible. next to kissing Gally. He's looking at me, proud. I really like making him proud. A voice behind me, I don't really like. "Waw. Impressive. Cups as instruments huh? you've come a long way from drunken lullaby's at a Bonfire." I turn around "You're just jealous Jeff. The only beat you can hold, grows in the field." I gestures him to bugger off, but he does not. Sigh. "Who do you even think you are? some little girl, that can't do any of the jobs, getting in our way. Do us all a favor and keep your mouth shut." I was taken aback, the tone in his voice was just pure hatred. I stand up, even though I'm still way shorter than him "I apologized for what happened on my first day here. I won't for what happens now if you don't get lost." He steps closer to me, his eyes narrowing. that's a mistake he'll regret. "you ugly stupi..." I punch him so hard in his face, I feel a small crack underneath my fist. Blood starts pouring down from his nose. "SHUCKING HELL! YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS YOU BITCH!" bitch? alright. I wanted to punch him again, but someone held my arms back. So I kicked Jeff with both of my feet, making him stumble backwards and fall down "Try and fix yourself now, you creep!" I struggle to get loose from the grip of the person behind me, but fail miserable. "Never thought I would be the one saying this, but calm down Greenie. Fighting won't solve this." "Gally let go of me!" instead he just throws me over his shoulder. I start kicking and banging on his back. "Put me down, I'll finish him! I'm not some helpless girl, let go of me!!" My braid dangles down, swinging with every step he took. "alright, alright. let it all out, we're almost there." he's taking me to the hut. If he thinks I'm going to kiss him now, he's got another thing coming... 

"Dark blue or brown?" "you pick." he sighs. I'm not looking at him. "Come on little, you know I had to stop you." now, I glare at him. "Oh so you get to punch everyone, all the freaking time, but I can't punch one guy for being a dick?" he can't have it both ways. He sits down next to me, taking my hands. I hiss as he runs his fingers over my right hand knuckles. "That, right there, is the reason. I'm used to it. trained. you..." I yank my hands back "Oh I know, I'm just some girl. I get it. Loud and clear." just wish he's shut up now. He doesn't give up, laying his hands on my cheeks, making me look at him. "You were incredible. Full of fire. A warrior. But I'd rather you don't fight... Alby made an exception, because Jeff was just asking for it, but girl or no, you're gonna end up sleeping in the Pit. And then..." he kisses me softly "... I would have to sleep all alone. Don't do that to me?" He knows I can't say no to that. "This is not fair. not fair at all." He smiles, knowing he's won. But instead of kissing me, he gets up and grabs the blankets, my comb, some socks. "So... dark blue or brown?" I look at him, confused about what he was doing? "Hurry up a bit, we need to get to the Homestead before weather changes." I point at the brown one, it has less holes. and the padding on the shoulders looks really cool. Quickly, I change while Gally packs up my sweater and the few other things he gathered. "are we... staying there? for the night?" I thought sleeping in the Homestead was to dangerous, most of the Gladers sleep there. "Yes, it's to dangerous to stay in the huts. lighting strikes set everything ablaze in a matter of seconds, but the Homestead is safe." If you say so, Gally...