join me

Gally's POV

When we woke up, it was almost dinner time. After that, as it was tradition, the Bonfire is lit and we start our circle fights. Athena didn't like watching the Gladers fighting, flinching at every punch that landed. Or  rather me handing them their asses. So she sat by the fire, drinking and talking to the Gladers who didn't feel like letting of some steam. When it got to dark to fight, a couple of boys started drumming. She danced with the Gladers, Lewis getting closer and closer to her every time. I don't like him. "Jeez Gally, if looks could kill, he's be already in the ground." Minho sits down next to me, a drink in his hand, clearly not drinking from it. He's never drinking when he has to run the next day. "What? I'm not stopping her from having fun... I was watching him. Closely." Minho chuckles. "Same as Thomas. And Newt. Alby. Don't worry, nothing is going to happen. You ruffed him up in the circle, he's not going to try anything now..." Just as he said that, she stumbles a bit, nearly falling into the flames, Alex being the closest to grab her and hold her upright. He looks over at me "Uhm Gally? Think she's had enough for one night..." I hear her giggling, saying she's fine, but I look at Alby. He seems to agree with me "That's it for tonight, let's get some sleep." 'oooh' 'pshhh' erupt from the Gladers, but they start pouring sand on the fire, making it smaller. Some of them already passed out and sleep where they fell down, near the fire. Athena walks over to me, a bit shaky. "Gal! I need to go to the Homestead first, Chuckie..." Ah right, the lullaby. "Okay babygirl. Let's go..." I wrap my arm around her waist, holding her steady as she drunkenly starts walking towards the Homestead. "Are you sure little Greenie? You are a bit drunk..." Is that Alex his jacket? How did she... She shushes at me, smiling. really drunk.  "You worry to much Gal, I'll just do...something." She seemed to realize what was expected from her. "But I don't seem to recall any songs..." The Gladers were climbing in their hammocks, I see Chuck sitting up in his. I decide to set her down on the ground next to him, not to close to the fireplace. Who knows she might fall over at any moment... or throw up. She giggles at Chuck, whispering something about singing for him only. "Everyone else will be listening too Greenie. Can't sing for one person in a room full of people." She waves me off and straightens her back, clearing her throat before starting to hum.  The melody is captivating. I sit down behind her and start combing my fingers through her hair, listening to her voice as she starts to sing, full of emotion.

"I remember tears streaming down your face when I said I'll never let you go
When all those shadows almost killed your light
I remember you said don't leave me here alone
But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight" 
She tucks Chuck in a bit, gently rocking his hammock. She's the closest thing the boy has to a mother. The look in her eyes is pure love.

"Just close your eyes, the sun is going down
You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now
Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound"

"Don't you dare look out your window, darling everything's on fire

The war outside our door keeps raging on
Hold onto this lullaby even when the musics gone, gone" His eyes were starting to close, most of the boys were lying in their hammocks breathing calmly. She's really singing them to sleep.

"Just close your eyes, the sun is going down
You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now
Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound

Just close your eyes, you'll be alright
Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound

safe and... safe and... " Her voice becomes softer and softer, fading away. I feel her leaning against me more than before. 

I need to be as quite as I can possibly be. I look at Athena in my arms, she sang until Chuck was sleeping peacefully, same with most of the Gladers in the Homestead who could hear her. I try to hold her as still as possible while keeping a steady pace. "Gal?" I walk a bit faster, she is in no condition to walk. And she hates it when I carry her everywhere. "Shhh..." We're almost there, but she didn't fall asleep again. "I don't feel so good... everything's moving..." I chuckle softly, she's gone drunk. Doubt she'll remember tonight. "Do you feel sick?" She shakes her head. "Don't think so... Why? do you?" "No babygirl, I feel fine." She starts to look worried. "Are you sure? I can go and get Clint..." I open the door from the hut, smiling at the idea. She can't even stand on her feet but still wants to take care of me. "That's not such a good idea, he's asleep. We'll go tomorrow, okay?" She nods. "Yeah... tomorrow..." She lays down as I take off her boots and pants, undoing the leather straps of her knives. "Ey. No. I have a boyfriend..." She's adorable. And has no idea about what's going on.  "Oh really? What's he like?" She smiles, opening her eyes. "He's... Gally..." Her eyes close, guess she's really fallen asleep now. I tuck her in and blow out the candle before laying down next to her. As soon as I laid my head down, she turned and hugged me in her sleep. My heart almost burst out of my chest, I love this tiny person so shucking much... "You need to shower..." aaanndd moment ruined. "Go to shucking sleep, little shank." 

Athena's POV

Sounds like everything and everyone is screaming at me. I keep my head down, eating bits of the piece of bread with honey. Even my own chewing is so loud... Gally has been smiling since the moment I told him to shut up first thing in the morning. Thomas let's himself fall down on the bench next to me. "Ey Greenie. You look a little... green." He chuckles at his joke. I give him a 'shut up or I'll slit your throat look'. Gally laughs with the others. "Don't mind her, she's just hungover. Aren't you, babygirl?" He attempts to kiss me on the cheek, but I push his face away, grumbling. "Only a headache and an annoying stinking shank making noise..." He grins at my anger. Maybe I should just punch him in the ribs, that'll shut him up... Minho leans over the table. "Gally, mate. She's looking like she's going for the kill." Dammit can't they whisper? I get up and walk to kitchen, leaving those idiots behind. Fry gives me a grin, understanding what I was going through. "Hi Greenie. Drink this, it'll help. I promise." He hands me a cup of tea with a strong herbal smell that tickles my nose. "I didn't say it tastes good..." I sigh, and drink until the cup is empty. "That's disgusting Fry. Don't even tell me what's in it..." I start doing the dishes, trying to be as silent as I can be. While drying off the plates, I see the Gladers leaving to start the day, at their jobs. Clint steps into the Kitchen right as I let the dirty water drain. "You really shouldn't keep doing dishes with an open wound Greenie..." I hold up my finger and snap at him "How is it open if it's stitched. Twice." Clint exchanges a look with Fry, who mouths 'hangover' to him. "Right... Well come on, the Builders are waiting." 

After putting on the ointment again, he let me go without a bandage around my waist. I walk over to where Alby and Gally are talking... I wonder about what. Whatever was in that tea, it's starting to work... "What are we doing today?" Gally puts an arm around my shoulder. Oh waw that's a... smell..."Ah, Fry's tea. He must really like you, he never shares that with the others..." Alby grins. "Hello Athena, good to see you feel better. But you're not really doing anything today. Besides getting that klunkface in the shower, bloody hell Gally." He made a face. I look up at him. "Good call. Come on you. I'll get clean clothes, you go ahead." I start jogging towards the hut to get everything we need. "Greenie!" I look back at Alby. "Two bars of soap!" I giggle and start running again. I grab clean clothes and a bar of soap. I'm going to need to do laundry again soon... My comb is still laying around somewhere in the Homestead, so I don't have to look for that. While jogging back, I notice a group of Gladers being guided towards the Bloodhouse. Thomas looks at me and sees me starting at them. The Creeps. "Ey Greenie, feeling better." My hand automatically goes towards one of the knifes. He sees that, and shakes is head slightly. "Just cleaning out stables. It's my turn to watch them, don't worry." I don't say anything, but start running towards the Homestead, straight to the showers. 

Gally's POV

She storms in the room, almost dropping everything in her hands. "Whoa, what's going on?" She hugs me, shaking a bit. "I just... saw the Creeps. On their way to clean stables at the Bloodhouse..." I kiss the top of her head. "They were being watched, right?" She nods. "Thomas..." I make her look me in the eyes. "Then you're safe. You always will be, armed and dangerous. You have an entire army of Gladers behind you." I lean in closer and whisper in her ear "So how about that shower huh?" I see her blush a bit, but she starts to remove my shirt, carefully. I hear her gasp. Oh the bruises from last night must be starting to show now... "Looks a lot worse than it actually is..." I feel her lips against my skin and stop breathing for a few seconds, before exhaling slowly. She looks up at me, a worried look in her eyes. I smile and kiss her cheek, very close to the corner of her mouth. "Join me?" She smiles. "Only to shower." I play innocent "Of course to shower, what else would I want to do, while being naked?" She starts to undress quickly, before someone wanders in the bathroom with us. Oh right, no bra or panties. Nice. I love it when she forgets to do laundry... "I can feel you staring at me. And to burst your bubble, I brought clean underwear." She grins at me, stepping into the stall, completely naked. And I'm still wearing my pants and boots. Dammit Gally. I almost fall over trying to get my boots off as fast as possible, earning a chuckle from her. "What's taking so long Gal? I'm already soaking wet..." oh... OH. My mind went back to the hut and her laying there... I clear my throat, hoping to sound at least a bit annoyed. "Yeah yeah. Coming..." She's killing me. And I love every second of it.