The mute

Gally's POV

"You heard about the mute?" "mute?" "yeah, there's some mute girl they keep isolated from everyone. A mate saw them escorting her back to a room somewhere in the West Wing. Saying she doesn't speak." I hear the guys gossiping all the time. But this story is so wild, so over the top, it might be the truth for once. "The West Wing? isn't that where the chiefs have their quarters?" The boy grins at my question "Oh right right... Them old guys want a pretty thing for themselves. Bastards. You're right Gally, they should share!" A couple of the female soldiers give him a dirty look. I saw them in training, you better not mess with them... even though none of them are as fierce as... I sigh and try to push the thoughts of Athena out of my head. She's taken by Wicked, but there's no trace of her. Anywhere. The rest of the Gladers, we know where they are, we just need a good opportunity to get them here. The gossiping guys get louder. "And you know what the kicker is? My mate swears she was picked up with some of the Maze boys. She must really be good, you know what I mean." I freeze. wait WHAT? I grab his collar and drag him with me to the corner of the mess hall. "Who says that?" "Ay let go of me Glader boy, what's it to you?" I let go of him, crossing my arms in front of my chest. I just earned my stripes in this legion, I can't let them think I'm soft. "Stop fucking around man, who says that?" He looks at me with a growing smile. "You think you know who it is? You never told no one about a girl in your Maze... Are you for real?" "Just answer the question!" "alright alright, don't get mad bro. Just my mate Ali in the kitchens, you know. Says he had to make food but isn't allowed to bring it so he followed them one day." I have to find this Ali. I have to know if it's her.

Athena's POV

Day 24. The cat, I call him Cat, is purring on my lap. Turns out the meat I usually leave on the plate can come in handy. The doctor man walks in, sitting down on a chair next to the entranche of the city garden. "Hello there. I see you made a friend? That's good, you look happier." It's silent for a minute. I know what's he's going to ask me. "Athena." He looks surprised. "I'm sorry, what.." I look at him, Cat still cuddling in my lap. I give him a small smile and turn my attention back to the fur of Cat. even Cat looks healthier, probably because of all the food I'm giving him. "Can you tell me a bit more?" I shake my head. My name is all I know about me. and all the memories since I came up in the Box...  There is some commotion in the hallway further down. The one they ask/tell me to never go to. The way to the rest of the population. "What is going on?" the doctor looks worried, but the two soldiers/body guards/ babysitters are listening to their earpieces. "There is someone causing a scene downstairs, claiming to know her. His name is Gally?" Gally? No... he's dead. I saw him, he died, he wasn't breathing... I don't know where to turn. I saw him die, he's dead, this is impossible. "Athena, look at me. Breathe. Calmly. You're okay, just breathe..." That's the same thing Gally used to say to me, before he died. because he is dead, he can't be here... "ATHENA!!" I'm even imagineing his voice... "Athena listen to me, breathe. You're having a panic attack, I need you to bre..." Gally isn't dead. 

Eric's POV

This is all one big mess. Somehow word got out, Gally freaked, injured four people in trying to get to her, apparantly she thought he was dead and had some sort of seizure and is now asleep. uncontious at least. I wish I could say the same about this screaming piece of shit. "LET ME OUT OF HERE! ATHENA!! I need to see her, you have to let me see her, ATHENA!!" If I could muzzle him, I would. I should actually, to preserve my sanity. "Gally sit down. She's alright, just resting. I won't let you see her untill you calm down, alright?" He stares at me a minute, going from angry to dissapointed to defeated as he sits down on the cement floor of the holding cell in my office. "Thank you. Now, I need some intell. Who is she and how come you never mentioned her before?" "I really really need to see her, I'll tell you everything but she can't be alone, I..." I shush him. "She's not alone. Her brother is with her." I see him look at me confused. "Her brother? she doesn't have.." I sigh. "Don't give me crap Gally, Alexander is..." He moves faster than I've ever seen him move in training. "Alexander? Alex? He's not her brother, you have to get her away from him!! He's dangerous!! please get her out of there, now!! HE'S NOT WHO HE SAYS HE IS, HE'S GOING TO HURT HER GET HER OUT OF THERE!!" I can still here him screaming when I reach the door of Athena's room. I don't even bother trying, just kick it right down. Right in time to see the boy I know as Alexander bent over the bed, his hand over her mouth. The window is open. All windows sealed on this floor. "Step away from the girl Alex." Shard of glass in his hand, 3 cm from her throat. "You know how much she's worth in the right establishement. And if you only knew the voice in this petite body..." A couple drops of blood trickle down her throat, but she doesn't even flinch. A tough one. "Last chance to step away. I won't hesitate!" "neither will I!"