can't wait any longer

Gally's POV

"No the other one." "what other one? you asked for a hammer, this is a hammer." I sigh, waiting for her to give me the hammer with the rubber, instead of the heavy iron one. "I don't like building..." I chuckle as I hear Athena mutter under her breath while she finally hands me the correct tool. Greg glances in her direction, looking a bit confused. I sigh. "What's on your mind Greg?" He looks at me as if I caught him redhanded. "I uhm... just wondering, why... Not that I mind her being here, of course not, but euhm.... why is she here?" I shoot him a glare. "None of your concern. Keep working." I feel Athena's hand on my ankle, making me look down from the ladder. "Why are you mad?" Her big eyes making me melt, the anger already fading away. "I'm not mad little. I just like having you close to me. So that I can keep an eye on you." Her eyes widen in realisation. "You're babysitting me. Again. I can't believe you! " She throws her hands up and starts stomping away, towards the open space in front of the Bloodhouse. "No I'm not... Athena, wait! ugh..." "Just let her cool down mate, she's probably just looking for Bark. She'll come back." I look down again and see Newt, looking in the direction Athena just stormed off to. He's probably right. "I'll talk to her before dinner. She'll be fine, right?" He smiles and nods, heading off again. She's got two knives, Bark and  Alby is with the Creeps... she'll be fine...

Alex's POV

I see Athena laying in one of the unused field with Bark next to her. From where I'm standing, it looks like she's asleep. "What are you looking at?" I snap my head to the side the voice came from. "Shucking hell Lewis, how many times do I have to tell you not to sneak up on me like that. Did anyone see you?" He shakes his head. Good. I don't need any more Shanks in the Pit. "So... What's the plan? I thought you were waiting for the next Bonfire?" I keep watching her tiny frame in the grass, only moving to breathe. "I was. But things are going faster than I expected, we can't afford to wait any longer." Lewis gives me a weird look. "Based on what you remember from before the Maze or based on the rumours of Gally getting some of that?" I smack his head. "I found a way out of here, we're leaving tonight. And she's coming with. We're going to need her if we want to start a new life out there." Lewis turns around, watching in the direction of the Homestead. "What are we going to do about him? He'll never stop trying to find her." I ignore his questions. when I'm done, she'll do everything she can to get away from him. 

Athena's POV

I must have fallen asleep, only waking up to Bark growling. "Shhh you'll wake her up Bark, it's just me." Alex? "Oh... hey Athena. Sorry to bother but Gally is looking for you. He's kinda..." I sigh. "I know, he's being Gally. I'll go and calm him down. Thanks for the warning Alex." I get up and start wiping the grass of my clothes. "Do you know where he is?" I notice Alex looking at me, in a different way then he usually does. Only for a second, he reminds me of... No that can't be. "He's at the Homestead, there was a thing with the Keepers but nobody knew where you were and he..." he stops talking, looking at his feet instead of me. "he what? what are you not telling me?" Alex sighs and starts walking with me towards the Homestead. "He did what he always does. He got angry and took it out on someone. But don't worry, Lewis is going to be fine, Clint said it will only be a small scar..." I stop dead in my tracks. "He did WHAT?!" For a second there, I see a smile creep up on Alex his lips. what is going on here?  "Alex take me to him. He's going to wish he was never born when I'm done with him." 

"There's... no one here? Alex what..." But then I see them. I see him.  "You're coming with us Greenie."