Backlash

Athena's POV

"Sit here, I'll get you a plate..." I don't wait for him to answer and just walk towards Fry. He looks past me at Gally "What happened?" I hear Gally sigh. "A rope snapped, I fell back. I'm fine, but she's worrying..." Fry hands me two plates and raises an eyebrow at me. I'm not overreacting. I shoot him a small smile and walk back over to the table where I left Gally. He's still looking mad. "Here you go..." He looks at the sandwiches. Two ham sandwiches and one with tomato's and lettuce. "How did you get three... Greenie no. You need to eat." I sit down next to him and take a bite from my own sandwich. "I am eating, I just don't need as much as giant Gladers. Ones that are going to the Med Jacks after lunch..." I see him wanting to protest, so I shove a sandwich in his open mouth. He chews and swallows quickly. "I need to finish working..." "No you don't. Take the day off. The boys know what to do now, it's just shoveling." Alby looks at Gally, a stoic expression on his face. He and Chuck sit down, I just wave at them considering I had my mouth full. "Hi Greenie. I heard the plan worked, aside from..." He gestures to Gally. He just shoots him a vile look and picks up a sandwich, starting to eat. I swallow and smile at Alby. "Yes, I guess it did..." Chuck is too focused on his food to participate in the conversation. Gally grumbles, but I couldn't make it out. Alby sighs, apparently he speaks fluent 'Grumpy Gally'. "Take the day off, that's an order." Gally glares at him." And leave Greenie alone here? I don't think so." Alby rolls his eyes. "Fine. Athena, you think you can manage an afternoon with grumpy Shank here?" I could take care of him. I smile at Gally "I think I can handle his bruised ego." the corners of his mouth lift a bit, but he keeps scowling at everyone. One small step for man...  Newt joins our table, glancing at Gally's expression. "Oh no, it's contagious?" Gally looks at him as if saying it might be, but I smile sweetly. "Hi Newt. Having fun with the dead snails?" He sets himself down next to me "Well yes actually, how considerate of you to ask. Now, what did you do?" I laugh, he thinks I'm the reason Gally's mad. Well I probably am, trying to get him to lay down. Keeping a close eye on him, for medical reasons. Gally speaks up "Rope broke, backlash. She's overreacting. There, happy?" I exchange looks with Newt, making clear that he shouldn't ask further. Chuck was awfully quite. It's not normal... "Chuck? What are you thinking about?" He looks up at me, seeming to come back from somewhere deep in his mind. "Oh... sorry. Nothing really, I haven't had much sleep since..." He gestures to the bump on his head. Oh the poor thing. He looks exhausted.  "Would it help if I sang? You to sleep I mean?" He smiles a bit. "I don't know, but I would like that. I think." I smile at him, he's like a little brother. Annoying most of the times, but with a good heart. Sweet. "Than I will. After the Bonfire." I turn to Newt. "About that, I need a favor. A rather large favor..." He frowns at me. "Okay... ask away. What can I do for you?"

"Will you just stop and listen to me?" I ignore Gally and keep rearranging the hut to see how the second bed would fit best. If I push the table against the wall, setting the chair underneath it... "Greenie, stop doing that!" I sigh when he steps in front of the table, blocking me. "Gal, we can't sleep in one bed, we need more space." He rolls his eyes and groans. I cross my arms over my chest. "Oh really? Tell me, what happened last night then? huh?" I had kicked him out of the bed. He seems to remember that. "Exactly. A second bed would fix that, prevent me from..." Gally steps closer to me. "You could never hurt me. And I don't want you to sleep across the room from me." I look at him confused. "Why would I do that?" He looks at me confused now. Guess we're both confused. "You're getting the spare bed from Newt's room, right?" I nod, still not getting why he would be so against that. "And I'm trying to figure out how to place the two beds next to each other, making one bigger bed, without making it feel cramped in here." His mouth formed an 'O' as he understood what I was doing now. He actually thought we would be sleeping in separate beds?  I see his cheeks become a bit pinker than usual. "That's... actually a really good idea..." I roll my eyes at him and continue moving the table. "Of course it is, slinthead. It's mine. Greenie brains."  When two Gladers carried the bed inside the hut, I told them to just put it down at the other side of the hut, winking at Gally. They don't need to know. He smirks a bit, before scowling again at them. "Come on, get out of here." I follow them outside "Thank you! Sorry for... that." They just chuckle. "It's alright, we're used to him. See you tonight?" I smile and nod, opening the door again. I see Gally moving the bed by pushing it with his shin. "Stop that! Let me do it." He grins. "As if you would let me stop you from doing the exact same thing if it was the other way around." Shucking hell he's right. But I don't care. "I'm moving that bed, and you're getting in it." His grin got wider. "To rest! Jeez Gal, get your mind out off your pants!" He sits down on the bed "Why don't you come here and do exactly that for me?" Oh my god the mouth on that boy. "Shuck it horny shank."