My back

Athena's POV

I smile when I walk into the bathroom, ignoring the shrieks of naked Gladers trying to cover up. All except for one. "Morning Minho." He just keeps washing his hair, not even trying to hide his nakedness. "Morning Gorgeous. Wanna join?" He winks at me, knowing very well I'm not going to join him under the shower. "Another time maybe." I laugh and lock the door of my own shower stall, undressing quickly. I let the warm water flow over me while I think of what had happened this morning. What I had done. Something just took over, and I didn't even try to fight it. Just seeing Gally touching himself like that, knowing I made him so hard in the first place... I almost didn't hear the knock on the door. "Who is it?" "You uhm... forgot this Greenie." I see Gally's hand reaching over the door, holding a black bundle in his hands. my bra. "Oh shuck, you're right." I take it from his hand and place it on the pile of clothes. He clears his throat. "I'm going to shower as well, call if you need anything." "Oh nice mate. Could you maybe do my back for me please? can't reach it that well..." I laugh at Minho's remark. "Ay get in line Minho, I was here first. What'cha say Gally? You do mine, I'll do yours?" Newt's accent only made it funnier, I was laughing without stopping, only imagining Gally's face was to funny. "Bugger off, horny Shanks. Go shuck each other." I hear some 'oooh' and some snickers, but Newt and Minho weren't done. "Why good idea Gally. Minho, my room or yours?" "Who said anything about a room, we're already here!" I hear Gally sigh at the laughter from the other Gladers. I felt a bit sorry for him. "Gally?" I ask, and the laughter died, everyone wanting to hear what I had to say. I feel a devious smile growing on my lips. "Yes Greenie?" I wait a few seconds and unlock the door, already fully dressed after quickly washing my body without getting my hair wet. But they don't know that. "Could you maybe come do my back please? It's really hard to do without getting the bandages wet..." I try to sound innocent, but the shower door slams open. Minho standing there, buttnaked and wet, his hair full of soap, looking really confused to see me with clothes on. I smile over his shoulder to Gally. "There's a shower free now, if you want to. Bye Minho..." I smile and walk past him, seeing Gally step under the shower where Minho was a few seconds ago. Smiling ear to ear. "Thanks little. See you at breakfast." I laugh, highfiving Thomas on my way out. I hear him behind me "Minho it's against Alby's rules, you can't use her shower..." "To the Maze with that rule I'm freezing my balls off here. Shucking Greenie." I'm still giggling as I walk out of the Homestead, brushing my hair. It's his own fault in thinking he's going to catch me naked. "What are you laughing about so early in the morning?" Alby looks at me with a halfsmile, a knowing look in his eyes. "Oh nothing really. Just goofing around in the bathroom." His eyes get wide. "Not with that door right?" I still don't know what the problem with doors in the showers is. "No, not really. Just winning from Minho at his own game, that's all." He grinniks. "Oh waw, he's going to be so pissed... Do me a favor, don't do that everyday? We don't need a new Gally." We walk to the dining area, I grab an apple and a banana and sit down across from Alby. Some questions pop into my head. "Alby..." He takes a bite out of a pear. "Mm?" I look at the direction of the Pit, where Kevin and his Creeps were still locked up. "They're getting out today, right?" He nods, biting his pear again. "But... We tried to...contain the chaos, by letting me sleep in Gally's hut, having a babysit, having a knife...Even in the Homestead..." They got to me. Alby sighs, putting down the pear. "True. And we punished then for all that. But that doesn't mean I forgot about it. Instead of watching you, we're going to be watching them. They're all going to be working in the field, near the Wall. Weeding." Alby even chuckles a bit "Zart is so happy he doesn't have to do it himself. They'll be put to good use, and away from you." I still wasn't so sure about all of it. "What about after that? at night?" Gally kisses the top of my head and sits down next to me, with a piece of bread and a thick slice of cheese. "They sleep in the Pit until they've proven to be good Gladers again." I felt a little better. Newt comes over and sets himself down next to Alby, followed by Thomas and Chuck. Minho walks past the table and goes to sit down with the other Runners, not even looking at me. Chuck's bruise is a deep purple now, but he is up and running again. Alby starts talking to Newt about what has to be done today, to make sure they got all the supplies they needed tomorrow. "So... you write down what you need, and throw it in the Box, and then, with some luck, whoever put us here sends it back up?" Gally nods, and then looks at me curious "Why? Do you need anything?" I think, but can't really think of anything other than music. "Music would be nice, but you said they don't send up stuff that isn't necessary to survive." Clint sits down in the empty spot next to me "We don't need music when you're around. How's your finger?" I smile at him, holding my hand out to him. "It's throbbing a bit, but not as bad as before." Guess he already ate, because he starts to undo the bandage. Alby looks away at the sight of the cut, Chuck gets a bit pale and Newt just looks down at the table, chewing on his apple. Guess this is a good time to eat that banana... 

"I think it's best to leave the bandage off, but you really need to keep it clean, okay? No gathering wood, no doing dishes, no laundry." He looks at Alby, who nods. "You'll do rounds with me Athena, like before." Gally squeezes my thigh a little, still eating his cheese sandwich. Clint gets up and looks at me "Best you let me disinfect it before you do so. Come by after breakfast, okay?" I nod, and turn to Gally, whose chewing on the last bite of this breakfast already. "What are you going to do today?" He holds up his hand and swallows, drinking from his cup before speaking. "We have more wood to chop, the Bricknicks are stacking it, making sure we've got enough firewood." I look at Newt. "I got first watch on the Creeps as you call them." Thomas pretends to be running, so that answers the question. Chuck smiles at me. "I'm doing laundry today, sheets mostly." I smile back at him "Just be careful on the stairs, okay?"  I get up and look at Alby "I'll come back here after Clint is done, alright?" He nods and gestures me to go. I turn to Gally, who also got up. "I'll walk with you, it's in the same direction." He grabs my non injured hand. Images of this morning flash through my mind. Oh waw, this is going to be a looonnnggg day. 

Gally's POV

I can't stop thinking about this morning, the way she looked grinding on my crotch... "Uhm Gal? We're here... you can go now..." She looks at me curious, I snap out of the daydream. God those blue eyes. "Oh yes. I'll come with you..." She places her hand on my chest, holding me back. "No... You're going to the forest and chop wood. Like you said you would." She gives me a warning look, knowing that I would walk her back to Alby as well. "Greenie just let me do this. C'mon, Clint's waiting for you." She just keeps standing there. "I'm warning you... I'm fine. Go to work, I'll see you when the Box comes up. And when Alby comes to check up on you... Working." She looks stern. Damn this could be sexy if I wasn't that annoyed. I sigh and move to grab her waist, if she wasn't going to walk in the hut, I'll carry her. She steps back, out of my reach "Pick me up and I swear you'll regret it..." I stop, getting more annoyed. "Why are you being difficult? If it wasn't for that stupid bet with me,  you wouldn't even be in the forest in the first place." She sighs. "What?" I scratch the back of my neck, hating that I can't find the right words to explain how I felt about the whole situation. "I'm taking care of you, protecting you, like I promised. And am failing to do, miserably. You're still recovering from that fever, the Creeps are out there, your finger... I'm just worried okay?" She doesn't say a thing, but just looks at me. I keep on rambling "So stop being so shucking stubborn and let me do this okay? I can't bare the thought of you getting hurt again while I could've been there to stop it, when I should've been there..." "Gally shut up..." I look at her confused, feeling a flash of anger. My fists clench, all that and she just wants me to shut up. "Shut up and kiss me, you shank." She is still looking at me, her eyes bright and focused on mine. It was like my body reacted before my mind could completely process what just happened. Her hands slide over my chest to my shoulders, wrapping her arms around my neck. I pull her waist so close to me I might be suffocating her, but I didn't care. Her lips against mine... It is all I could think about. She pulls away from me a bit, but I just lean in more to stop her from escaping the kiss. She giggles, managing to escape as I press my lips under her jawline, kissing up and down her neck. "Gal you need to go. I promise I'll be alright. I'm never alone, always a Keeper close to me, okay?" I groan and kiss her lips again. "Clint is waiting for me... Gal, they're watching us." I feel her tense up a little and stand up straighter, still holding her. Some of the Gladers stopped with what they were doing and just stared. At us making out. alright. I grin "Let them stare. I can take them." I press my lips against her forehead before letting her go, looking her up and down, ensuring that she's okay. "Do you have your knife?" "yes." "Do you want a second one?" she chuckles at me worrying. little shank, I'm serious. "No Gally. I'm fine. Go!" She opens the door of the Med Jack hut. "Are you sure? I'll get you another..." "Bye Gally!" I hear her laugh through the door. "You know where to find me!" I start to walk away, looking over my shoulder every couple of steps. I'm going to be worried sick all day if I can't... But I have to, Minho and Newt are right. She's strong... And she'll kill me if I overprotect her. "Bloody shucking hell she's going to be the dead of me." I mutter before stepping into the forest, to where I left my ax the day before. There's work to be done...