Good for you mate

Athena's POV

After lunch, I help Gally putting up the door on the shower stall . And by that, I mean handing him nails. and trying not to get in his way. "Nail?" I hand one to him and he continues hammering. his arms are really... waw. "Like what you see Greenie?" my eyes shoot up. "No." I feel my cheeks burning red. He knows I like what I see DAMMIT. He laughs, putting away the hammer. "I'll pretend to believe that, can you test the lock?" I squeeze past him, seeing that he's not going to move out of the way. I close the door and lock it. and take a few breaths, the tension is becoming worse every damn minute. "Okay it's locked, now what?" I hear him picking up his tools. "Now I'm going to test if it's strong enough. uhm... step back, okay?" I press my back against the wall, hearing the door ramble. He even kicks it, but it stays closed. "I think this should do..." I unlock the door and step out. "I can finally shower without worries? " Gally laughs, a bit too loud "What?" He keep laughing "You better shower now, I don't want to share a hut with a stinking Shank." I punch his chest, also laughing now. It's bouncing off the tiles in the bathroom. "Eyo, Gally's getting some! Good for you mate!" I stop laughing when I hear the voice outside the window, and avoid eye contact with Gally. "I uhm.. they think we're... ahum. Right. What's next?" 

I couldn't help him with sawing more boards for other jobs. and I had already braided all the twines into rope, so I just sat on the table, my legs crossed. Bored. "What's your favorite color?" Gally sighs. That was my 23th question. "I like orange. Like the orange of the sky, right before the sun rises above the walls." good answer. That is pretty orange. It was silent for a while, only the sound of Gally working. He didn't want me cutting wood, refusing to give me a knife until my finger was fully healed. One week before the stitches get removed. "How old do you think you are?" He doesn't look up from a blueprint, measuring something. "18, 19 maybe." "How old do you think I am?" then he looks at me, really looking. like he's measuring me. "No older then me, 17 maybe. I doesn't really matter here." He goes back to sawing the wood on the trestle. The door is open, so I can look at the Gladers wandering around the Glade. Everyone is doing something, had a job. Knows what to do. "Gally?" "mmh." "Do mind if I sing?" He looks up, unsure. "Does your throat hurt? Maybe you shouldn't, just to rest your voice a bit." I remember how sore it felt after the Bonfire. the Bonfire. "I'm just bored." I lay down on the table, staring at the ceiling. No one wants me to help them, afraid I might hurt myself. But I can't go for a walk or something, because I'm not allowed to be alone. I just sang, not caring about what Gally would say.

"I dreamed a dream in time gone by
When hope was high and life worth living
I dreamed that love would never die
I dreamed that God would be forgiving"

I don't hear the sound of the saw anymore and see Gally looking at me. He sat down on the ground, leaning against the workbench.

"Then I was young and unafraid
And dreams were made and used and wasted
There was no ransom to be paid
No song unsung no wine untasted"

"But the tigers come at night
With their voices soft as thunder
As they tear your hope apart
As they turn your dream to shame"
It felt so good to sing, to let my voice hit the high notes and to feel... free. Outside, some Gladers gathered, looking though the door. I couldn't care less.

"And still I dreamed that he'll come to me
That we will live the years together
But there are dreams that cannot be
And there are storms we cannot weather" 

I got up from the table, still leaning against it. Feeling the song just take over, clearing my mind and flowing though my veins. 

 "I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I'm living
So different now from what it seemed
Now life has killed the dream I dreamed"

It was quit for a few seconds, then, chaos. Clapping, shouts, whistles... everything. Even Alby clapped. when did he got there?  the only one who didn't move, was Gally. He just stares at me, a look in his eyes I couldn't place. Adoration? disbelief? sadness? I smile, feeling shy. Bowing slightly, hoping they'll just be on their way. "Get back to work, c'mon. On your feet! Let's get it done before the rain!" Alby answered my wish. I close the door, but  didn't notice Gally standing behind me, he even scared me a little, being so close so unexpected. He mutters "To the Maze with the rules..." cups my face in his hands and brings his head down. Kissing me, gentle at first. he's kissing me... HE'S KISSING ME!  Not knowing what to do with my hand, I place them on his chest. Seeing this as an encouragement, he kisses me a bit harder. rougher. Like he needs to kiss me in order to stay alive. Maybe I need him too. I push myself closer to him, answering his kiss. But he stops, pulling his head back a bit, panting. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have..." I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him back "I'm not sorry." kissing him, more desperate for his lips than before. He gives in, grabbing my waist and lifting me up, making me sit on the table again. I wrap my legs around his waist, loving his hand touching my thigh. we're making out. really making out. I gasp when his fingers touch the skin of my back. He smiles into the kiss, moving his hand to the back of my neck, tangling his fingers in my hair. 

Gally's POV

Her fingers go through my hair, over my shoulders to my arms, feeling all over. not as gentle as this morning huh. I feel her soft hair in my hand, her leg in the other. and her lips... I don't think I can ever stop kissing her lips. But we have to stop. I stand up straight, disconnecting my lips from hers. "We can't do this here. now." She kisses me again "I don't care..." I pulled back again, letting go of her hair. "I'm serious, someone could see us..." She looks me in the eyes. "I'm serious as well. I don't care." I think about the position we're in. Her legs wrapped around me, my hands all over her. I sigh, stepping back. Leaving her on the table, just out of reach. the look in her eyes... "Don't take this the wrong way, I want to. You have no idea how hard this is, because I... really want to. But..." She gets off the table and clears her throat. "But not here, not now. It's okay Gally, I understand." she looks at her feet, blushing. It takes every bit of discipline in my body to stand my ground and not start kissing her again. "I guess I just got a bit carried away there..." I give in, pulling her close and hugging her. "Takes two to do that." She laughs, mischief in her eyes as she looks up at me "At least you got some, for real this time." I laugh, a real laugh. I can't even remember ever feeling this happy. "Consider the moment ruined, little Shank."