the creeps

Gally's POV

I chuckle as I see Todd hit the ground, groaning. He was the last one to be cut down from the tree. Jeff bends over to check his pulse and his eyes. "He'll live. A bit of horizontal rest, just like the others." Alby clears his throat. "Alright Shanks. To the Pit. You'll get the leftovers there. Walk or you will get that beating. Good that?!" I see Kevin glaring at me, but instead of glaring back, I smile. I have everything he'll never have. Her trust, her love. her body. A wave of worries washes over me, she looked so weak when I left. Thomas tries to get my attention. "How uhm... How is she?" I sigh and walk with him to the dining area. "The fever is starting to go down, but she is gibbering. Panicking that I'd leave her, that I shouldn't go, and... She keeps repeating 'Wicked is not good.' and then... " I study his face for a reaction. He stops dead in his tracks. "What happened after she said that?" He grabs both my shoulders, his expression desperately serious. "Gally, what happened??" "She started screaming to shut up and get out of her head, before passing out again. Why, do you know something? Thomas if you're keeping something from me I swear I'll..." he starts walking off again " yeah yeah, you'll beat me bloody. Come on Shank, Alby and Newt need to hear this as well."

Thomas started talking about how he only remembered a woman's voice saying 'wicked is good' when he came up in the Box. He explains how he tried to remember more about this, but it's all vague, foggy. "Every time I doubt that Wicked is good, I hear that voice again, in my head, while I sleep. Repeating it endlessly. But it's the same initials as on the supplies, right? so Wicked is responsible for putting us here, how could they be good?" He looks at me. "I think she's hearing that same voice, saying the exact same thing, but because of the fever, she doesn't know it isn't real. Maybe... She'll remember something." Newt looks at him, thinking. Alby sighs "She's not stung, but you might be right Thomas. She remembered her name so fast... who knows." We decided to sit down with all the Keepers over dinner, to decide what to do with the Griever. For the first time ever, we all agreed that the Runners had to go check it out tomorrow, and see if they could bring it back to the Glade. "Or pieces from is, to study. Maybe even use." I sigh and finish my plate, getting up and collecting the other empty plates as I walk back to the Kitchen. Fry gives me a small smile. "Hi. I made more tea, and some vegetable soup, if she's hungry. It's her favorite." He was right. It is her favorite. "Thanks Fry, you're the best." I take a cup of tea and a bowl of soup and head back to the hut. Clint had opened the door, so I could just walk in and set everything down on the table. "How is she?" But it wasn't Clint who answered. "I'm feeling better Gal. Is that... soup?" She's sitting upright in the bed, an extra sweater on and blankets over her legs, a pillow behind her back. I smile, she looks way better than before. "Yes, it is. Are you hungry?"  I want hand her the bowl, but see her hands shaking a bit as she reaches out for it. Clint states that his job is done, just rest and tea now and leaves the hut. I sit down next to her, and hold a spoon of soup in front of her face. She glares at me "I don't need to be fed like a baby Gal, I'm..." "Fine? You're sick little Greenie, let me take care of you." she sighs, opening her mouth, letting me feed her the soup as she lets her head rest against the pillow behind her. After she ate, I set the bowl aside. "Why don't you lay back down and sleep? I'll stay here." She sigh, her eyes closed. "I start coughing when I lay down, and it hurts." she let's her head rest on my shoulder. "Maybe you need some more syrup?" She stops me from getting up to get the bottle from the table. "No Gal, please no more syrup... just tea, okay? the syrup makes my head fuzzy and I don't like it..." I hand her the cup of tea. if she coughs again, I'll make her take the syrup. "What happened to the creeps?" She looks at me while she gently blows the hot tea. I smile and start telling her, everything. The plan, how they got me out of the Pit, overpowering them without waking the others, stringing them up... I take the empty cup out of her hand when I notice she's not responding anymore. She fell asleep, poor thing. "Sweet dreams babygirl." 

Athena's POV

I feel him brushing a strand of hair from my face and my eyes flutter a bit. His voice is a bit hoarse and deep. sexy "Goodmorning little. How are you feeling?" I open my eyes a bit, pulling at the blanket that covers almost my entire face. "Mmm. Don't feel like getting up..." But I felt a lot better. I turn around  so that I face him and snuggle myself closer against his body. I feel him sighing. "Me neither. But we're already late for breakfast, they'll start wondering where we are." I pull the blanket back over my head, not in the mood for the Gladers. "Let them wonder. Ten more minutes..." He chuckles and sneaks his hands underneath the sweater I was wearing, rubbing circles on my bare back. "Only ten?" He sounds... seductive. I pull the blanket away and prop myself up on my elbows, really looking at his face. "What are you implying, Gally, Keeper of the Builders?" he smirks at me for saying that. "You're recovering from being sick, Alby is going to give you the day off, I'm sure of it. You can stay in bed all day if you want to..." I sit up, straddling him underneath me. "I'm not going to do that, I feel fine. Not all the way fine, but I can get out there, do some Gladering." He laughs and sits up as well. "I could ask for the afternoon. We could... spend time together. If you want." He kisses my forehead softly. I would really love that... "Gal, that would be really nice, but..." he looks at me confused. "But what?" I sigh "But the Builders are useless shanks without you. I'll come with you, hand you nails or something." he looks like he is about to protest, but I grind my hips a little as I lean forward to kiss him on the lips. "Keep that day off for after a Bonfire, you'll need it to catch up on some sleep..." I get off of him and out of the bed, leaving him flustered. Out of the corner of my eye, I see him grabbing a blanket and pulling it to his lap, covering himself. I grin as I take off the sweater and tshirt underneath. "Are you cold Gal? Not getting sick now, are you?" He's getting even redder, not looking at me or my exposed bra. "No I'm fine, just... I'll see you at breakfast okay?" I pull a clean shirt over my head and put the knife back into the holster on my thigh. Still smiling. "Alright, see you later." I can't help but wink at him. He's got something to take care of. 

"Athena! you look like you're feeling better, hope you're hungry." Fry sets down a plate on the table I'm sitting at, the dining area almost empty. Most Gladers were already off to do their chores. "Morning Fry, thank you. And thanks for the soup yesterday. You spoil me." He ruffles a hand through my hair and laughs. "Shhh it's our little secret. Can't cook up every Shanks favorite every day now can I?" I grin and blow him a kiss as he walks back to the Kitchen, probably to continue doing the dishes. I see Chuck wandering in my direction and wave. As he comes closer, he keeps looking around, suspiciously. "Chuck what are you looking for? It's like you're seeing ghosts or something." He doesn't seem at ease sitting over me. "I might have pulled a prank on someone who's not happy about it." I start laughing. "Who?" He grins a bit. "Winston. I borrowed a bucket of blood and covered him with it before he woke up. He screamed bloody murder... it was perfect. But I think he knows it was me and..." "CHUCK! COME HERE YOU KLUNK-FACE SHANK!" I see Winston marching over from the Bloodhouse. "Run Chuck, run." I whisper to him, as he bolt of. I'm still smirking about his prank when Winston stops at my table, fuming. "Where did he go? he'll pay for what he did, the ugly shank. Cleaning all the stables will teach him... Now, where is he?" I opened my mouth to answer that I don't know, but Winston look shot up to something behind me. I know it's Gally before he even speaks. "That's no way to speak to Athena, a Keeper just like you." Winston scoffs, mumbles something about not having a vote and only being a girl. I ignore him as he marches off, looking for Chuck. Gally sits down next to me and starts eating the bacon off my plate. "I'm a Keeper?" He looks at me puzzled. "Yes, Keeper of the girls. So you can attend the Meetings, Alby likes to use your Greenie brains. And I..." he pulls me on his lap, leaning closer "... like to use all of you." I giggle. "Carefull now Gal, you don't want another boner now." I smirk at him, he blushes a bit. "So you do know what you do to me... " his eyes grew wide. "You did that on purpose." I try to look as innocent as I can, and turn to my plate, taking a bit of egg on my fork. "I have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe you could show me later?" I eat my breakfast, trying really hard not to burst out in laughter. Teasing Gally really is the most fun thing to do here. He shoots me a glare and leans in to whisper in my ear. "You'll regret teasing me later. Two can play this game..." I grin. "Oh a game now is it?" He grins for ear to ear. "The first one to kiss the other, loses. Winner decides what happens." I start laughing. "You've got yourself a deal Gal. Hope you like singing as much as I do..." he smirks at me, his eyes full of mischief. "Oh I'll make you sing alright..."