42. Lost in Stereo

Start from the beginning

“How was your day?”

   “Good,” I sighed. “I hate school and I need to apply for colleges.”

   “Any idea for colleges?” He squeezed my thigh in reassurance.

    I shrugged. “Not at all,”

     “The band is my college.” He said, “but enough about school, tonight is just about us,” He dedicatedly kissed my hand dream-like with a tint smirk, and quickly let go and placed his hand back to my thigh.

    “Hmmm, sure.” I hummed.

   “Don’t be so snakebite.”

“Then, tell me where we are going.” I whined. Our surroundings were becoming more rural along with it turning into night. Thankfully, the full moon illuminated the way.

    “Again, it’s a secret.” His hand traveled further up my thigh, causing me to shift in my seat uncomfortably. He knew exactly what his devious actions were.

      I rolled my eyes. Instead of continuing my attempt to get him to spill the beans, I relaxed in my seat and enjoyed the music that was flowing through the car.

     Twenty minutes of laughter and small talk later, the road we were driving on led to a dead end.

   “Is this the part where you murder me?” I teased.

    Alex wasn’t amused, staring at me with his jaw line locked and his eyes emotionless. “Yes.”

      My smile descended from the sudden change of the atmosphere…until Alex burst into laughter, heaving with hardly enough air, his hand clutched his chest.

   “Oh man, you should have seen y-your f-face,” he wiped his tears, cracking up from my shocked state.

  “Ha. Ha. Ha.” I slapped his shoulder with every sarcastic laugh that left my lips.

   He cockily smiled while turning off the engine and took of his seat belt. I looked around, seeing that we were on the borderline of the woods out of Maryland. Seeing grass made me pleasantly happy oddly enough. There was no snow out here.

"C'mon, let’s get going." he stepped out the car and I followed his lead.

 His back trunk opened with a click of a button on his keys. There were beach towels and a small book bag stored in there. The items made me suspicious of what exactly what we were doing. My lips pursed and my arms crossed together, standing my ground.

    "Alex, you've gone mad." I said as he pulled out the items. "We're in the woods, not at a beach." 

   "Hush, there's a lake" he closed the trunk and proceeded to walk.

   "It's freezing." I stated. 

"The snow has melted."

      I groaned. He was going to be the death of me. Sure, maybe I was exaggerating a tad, but it was only March for God's sake. It's been charmingly warm the past couple of days but a lake needs weeks of warmth to not be freezing cold.

   "We'll get hypothermia!" I nagged.

  "Don't actually make me murder you out here." He joked, taking my hand as we continued to walk into the depths of the woods. The moon was our only lighting source out here, with the stars being little help. 

I huffed in annoyance but decided to keep quiet until we arrived, which didn't take along at all. He stopped in his tracks with a pleasant sigh. He looked over at me with a devious smirk while I shook my head. There was no way.