XXXIX(39)

Disclaimer: Light spoilers on the recent arc of Haikyuu. Please skip if you don't want to get spoiled. >_<

" Sidney, make sure you cancel all my plans okay? My husband's game is starting soon." Your 3-inch heels clicked as you walk down the hallway of your building, you're finally getting home from your three hour shift as your company's CEO. You made sure to tell your assistant to cancel all your plans since Ushijima's long awaited game is going to start very soon. But Unfortunately, you couldn't go to the venue itself.

As you walk down the hallway, you begin to recall Ushijima's reaction to Kageyama Tobio, now officially the setter of Schweiden, joining his v-league team.

~Two weeks before your wedding (2016)~

"Did the coaches already choose your new line-up, Oshi?" You ask him while taking a bite of the curry you made. The two of you sit on the dinner table while catching up with each other's day.

Ushijima nods his head and looks at you almost in a disappointed manner. " You remember Karasuno's first year setter??"

You tilt your head and look at him in confusion as you try to remember. " Ah, what was his name? Kageyama Tobio?"

He nods his head, taking a sip of water from his glass after. " He's our official setter now"

Your eyes widened in shock. Who knew that their paths would cross again. " But he's only fresh out of high school right?"

" He told me he skipped college. He got recruited by our coach." He smirks. You raise a brow at him, confused.

" So.. are you disappointed that he's the new setter?" You ask.

Ushijima deliberately shakes his head and chuckles. " I admit. He's a really good setter, better than Oikawa even. But at first I thought he was still the same genius but not a team player type of guy.." You nod your head along, listening intently.

" But when I saw his game during the Rio Olympics this year, I was impressed. That guy, he's someone a team should never let go of because of his skills."

Hearing Ushijima's words gave you chills. When was the last time Ushijima got impressed to this intent? Hearing him compliment the setter of the team that beat Shiratorizawa in high school Made you chuckle because of the unexpected news.

You reached deep in your bag for your key card. Even outside the apartment, you can hear muffled voices of the people inside.

" Who's that? That's uncle!" You can hear Aki's overly cheerful tone through the door as you press your key card to unlock it. A child's excited voice cheers at the sight of a man on the tv.

You enter your apartment.

After getting married to the one and only Ushijima Wakatoshi last year, the two of you decided to move out to an even bigger apartment with two bedrooms. You place your heels in the shoe cabinet while you look around. A series of framed high quality photos of you and Ushijima is hung on the grey painted walls.

A medium sized wedding photo on the far left is hung securely. On the photo, you and Ushijima in your wedding attires stand in the centre while being surrounded by your parents, Ushijima's parents, Yua, Tendou, Semi, Ohira , Aki and Kageyama Tobio.

You smile after taking a quick glance at it.

" Mama!" Your two year old son, (insert a boy's name), runs towards you. He clings his arms around your legs.

" b/n ( boy's name). Be careful." You giggle. You lowered yourself down to pick him up, and once you did you let out a grunt, your son was getting heavier as he gets older which surprised you.