•xɪɪɪ

Ushijima hasn't talked to you all afternoon, causing you to worry. After school, you went home with Goshiki and Semi. The three of you walked to the station together in silence.

"F-f/n-chan. Uhm, about what happened earlier." Semi finally starts a conversation, the walk has been silent for the past 3 minutes. Even Goshiki, the nosy wing spiker, has times when he doesn't open his mouth to talk.

"Semi-Kun, please, let's not talk about it." You faked a smile and walked further past the two. Goshiki looks at Semi with a look of guilt. You were really confused about Ushijima's actions. You've never seen him that quiet before. Even when you tried talking to him, his usual one-worded answers turned into nods.

You open the door of your home and the smell of chocolate brownies surrounds the room.

"I'm home!" you yelled out and placed your shoes on the shoe rack.

"Welcome back, f/n-chan." Your father,(any guy's name), peeks his head out the kitchen while holding a plate full of brownies.

"Eh? Brownies? It's been a long time since you've baked them, dad." You stepped inside the kitchen and took a large bite of one brownie. Your father chuckled sweetly and tells you to not eat them yet.

"F/n-chan, you're here." The stern voice of your mother caused you and your father to turn in her direction.

"Mom. I'm home. It's been three days since I've last seen you." You reached out to hug her, but you were still hesitant in doing so. It's true, as a businesswoman, your mom always had things to do. That included going on monthly business trips. You rarely see her nowadays and seeing her was a huge relief for you, even though you two weren't as close as you and your father.

Your father kisses your mother on the forehead, which made you feel a little jealous that they have each other. The three of you sit down in the dining room, talking and catching up about the things. Your mother puts down the cup of tea she was holding and looks at you with a concerned look.

"F/n-chan, are you still the manager of the volleyball team?" She asked, and you look up to see the serious aura around her. You swallowed the brownie that you've been chewing on and answered.

"Yeah, I am," you replied, looking around the room to avoid eye contact. You knew what she's getting at and you were scared to hear about her opinion.

"Honey, I'm... I'm just concerned. You're already a third-year and I want you to spend more time on academics. F/n-chan, please tell me why you're so dedicated to the volleyball team. Logically speaking, managing it won't give you benefits for your future career. Unlike the players, they can get scouted and play professionally. Unless you've changed your mind about your future career, please explain yourself. I'd like to understand."

You looked down and clenched your fist. The volleyball team has been your high school life, you had no friends outside the team and you became connected to them. Yet words won't come out of your mouth. No matter how hard you wanted to explain to your mother, you couldn't, because you already knew what she's going to say, and it hurts you.

"F/n, remember the day you told me you wanted to manage the team. I was so happy that you finally found an interest in something. However, I can't deny that I was concerned as well. You were never passionate about anything and there you were, telling me that you wanted to manage a team full of passionate people. In all honesty, I felt that you were going in blindly and I never thought you'd actually last for three years-"

"Please enough already..." You finally gained the courage to speak up. However, it didn't come out the way you wanted it to. Your fists were still clenched as you look up at your mother, who was clearly shocked at your sudden burst of anger. For the first 17 years of your life, you've spoken up to her.

" For the first time in my life, I've found something that I actually wanted to do. I actually found friends who are very dear to my heart and yet... you're telling me that it's all just a volleyball club? You're telling me that I was never going to last???" You pounded your fist against the table. Tears were starting to form in your eyes. You were going about this the wrong way, but you failed to realize it.

"F/n-chan. That's why I'm asking you to explain this to me. Hopefully, you do remember what you promised. That after high school, you'll go to Tokyo University to study business. You remember, right?" Your eyes widened and immediately remember the meaningless promise you made to your mom to make her feel better.

"Sweety, calm down..." your father tried to soothe out the situation, reaching out to your mother to calm her down.

"That's... I..." you felt as if your tongue was twisted into a knot. You couldn't speak or explain, and you felt like you were held back.

Your mother stood up and let out a huge sigh. "This is not how I wanted the conversation to go. F/n, tomorrow I want you to resign from the club and focus on studying. I'm expecting you to do it as soon as you can, otherwise, I'll do it myself."

You gasped, tears finally fell down your face. Memories of the team's games, practices, Ushijima and Tendou rushed in.

"NO! I want to be with the team until I graduate! I want to watch them win the nationals. Again and again and agai-"

"Then tell me why." Your mother crossed her arms, her voice is calm yet terrifyingly filled with authority.

"Because... because I love the team..." You closed your eyes when you felt your tears stream down your face.

You breathed in and added, "--And I'm in love with someone... from that team" Your voice started shaking after finally telling the truth.

There was dead silence...

Your mother was shocked but still remained calm. Your father, however, was filled with joy.

She narrowed her eyes and lets out another exhausted sigh. Your mother looked at you in concern, sadness overcame her eyes. She then walked up the stairs without saying another word.

"E-Eri! F/n-chan are you alright?" Your father brings you closer to him and gave you a warm hug. Wrapping your arms around him, you continued to let out your tears. This was the first time for the three of you. You've never let out your feelings to your parents. You always did what they ask and rarely talk about what you feel.

On the other hand, your mother went inside their room, tears falling from her eyes. She felt horrible after saying those things to you. However, she just wanted to guide you on the right path.

A few hours later, you were peacefully sleeping in your room. Your parents, however, had a heartfelt conversation about what happened earlier.

"Sweety, she's almost turning 18. I think... we should let her do what she wants. We forget that she's not a child anymore, and it's affecting her negatively." He caressed her arm as he looked at his wife with a reassuring smile.

Ushijima x reader (Revisions Discontinued)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें