•ɪɪɪ

You quickly regretted your decision to join the volleyball team at Shiratorizawa Academy. Inside the gym were tall men who towered over and looked at you with an obvious interest in their new manager.

"L/n will be our new manager starting today, and I say we're quite lucky to have her here since we've been struggling to find a manager suitable for our team," the team's second coach, Saito-san, enthusiastically stated.

"Um. I don't know If I'm suitable for the team or not, but It's a pleasure working with you!" You bowed down slightly. The nervousness that you felt made you shy.

"It's fine. Suitable or not we'll all learn and evolve to become better for the team, right?" Ushijima stepped in and greeted you with a close-lipped smile.

"Ushijima-kun, you're really empowering you know! We've only met yesterday but I have a good feeling we're going to be good friends." A tall, red-haired boy slapped Ushijima on the shoulder playfully.

"Yeah," he replied back and gave the red-haired boy a nod.

"Alright. Please introduce yourselves to our new manager." Coach Saito clapped his hands together to gather the boys' attention. Slowly, the boys introduced themselves just as ordered. The red-haired boy's name turned out to be Satori Tendou. His striking red hair stood out the most. You had never seen such an odd, yet interesting colour before. It reminded you of the fall season. The more they introduced themselves to you, the more you found out that they are rather friendly and nice. It's just that the intimidating aura surrounding them doesn't make it seem so.

A smaller and older white-haired coach walked in. The friendly environment had suddenly turned serious. Why wouldn't it change when the infamous coach finally walks in the room? You and the rest of the team bowed to him as a sign of respect.

"I see you've already started Saito." The head coach, Washijo Tanji, greeted all of you with a serious expression on his face.

"I'm glad that we have quite a lot of first years in our team this year..."

"I'm sure you kids already know that Shiratorizawa is a powerhouse school and that I only accept those who fit my standards. Some say my standards are too high, but those were the standards that made Shiratorizawa the strongest in our prefecture. That being said, you all should be proud of this achievement, getting in the team that is...

"Anyways, I believe that strength, height and power make our team the strongest one in our prefecture so I want you guys to practice diligently and prove to me that you are worthy of a spot in this team," the head coach concluded. Staring at each player from eye to eye, he makes sure his words were completely understood.

"We will coach!" The team captain replied to the coach energetically. He's known for his enthusiasm, bright and cheerful appearance.

Coach Washijo looked at you and quietly orders you to come to him. You walked with an increased heart rate, holding your hands together to ease the nervousness.

"I'm sure you're aware of what managers do, correct?" asked the coach. His intimidating persona made it hard for you to admit that you had not one bit of clue about the rules of volleyball or the rules of managing a club at all. Still, you had to do it.

"I-I'm sorry. In all honesty, I have no idea what club managers do since it's my first time, but I'll make sure to learn!" you replied. The motivated look on your face made him smile-- well, the corners of his lips lifted slightly in interest.

"I like your honesty, and since you've realized that there's nothing to worry about. Your most important job is to keep track of all the conditioning, practices and each player's strengths and weaknesses. That way, I'll know how to keep them in shape. It may sound like a lot but if you feel like backing out, you may do it now." Coach Washijo raised a brow.