•ᴠɪɪ

With roars of excitement from the stadium, many people young and old gathered for the Miyagi prefectural qualifiers. For the first round, Shiratorizawa fought against two teams. Easily enough, the team won both games with no difficulty. Being the strongest team in the prefecture meant that the team has the privilege to automatically qualify for the finals after beating the first two (not true).

The team, who seemed to have a little bit of energy left, decided to play a few practice games after returning from the stadium.

"Tomorrow, I want you to come with coach Saito and I to watch Aoba Johsai play. Take notes of each player's position and skills. Those notes of yours always comes in handy during tournaments," commanded coach Washijo, his arms crossed on his back while observing the team members playing. You couldn't help but smile at the little compliment he had given you. It felt rewarding to feel your hard work paying off.

After you've contained your happiness, you replied to the coach, "Yes, coach." You nodded to him and to coach Saito before leaving.

~

The next day, you and the two coaches head to the stadium as promised. A team with the eye-catching colours of black and orange attracted your attention. You narrowed your eyes, trying to see if this team was the Aoba Johsai that the coaches referred to. The team with black and orange jerseys took up half the court as they practiced their serves and tosses.

"Is that Aoba Johsai, coach?" you asked coach Washijo while the three of you sat down on the stadium's cold seats.

The elder coach shook his head. "No, that's the team they're fighting against," he replied.

Coach Saito decided to add to the conversation, "Ah, that's Karasuno High. I heard they did a practice match against Aoba Johsai not too long ago. I'm sure both teams are aware of each other's capabilities. Which means this might be an interesting game."

"Hmm, they seem to have a weaker presence compared to the other teams," Coach Washijo protested. His eyes followed the short orange-haired player with the number '10' on the back of his jersey.

You raised a brow in interest and smiled. "Wah! Look at number 10, he seems to be shorter than the rest of the team coach!" You've seen a lot of short players over the past three years, but for some odd reason, this one piqued your interest. You stared at the team for a couple of minutes--that is until a group of girls with screams and squeaks louder than a boombox took over the gymnasium. Covering your ears at the deafening noise, you looked at where the commotion was all about.

"Ahhhh!!! Look it's Oikawa!!" One girl shouted and pointed at a set of new players entering the gym.

Your heart dropped instantly as you heard the name. Frantically staring at the team with bright colours of white jerseys and turquoise details that matches it, you gulped the moment you see him.

'It's Oikawa... It really is him,' you thought. He had grown taller--much taller. His face had gotten more mature, although it was hard to see the details from afar. But no matter the distance, you could tell it was him.

Memories of you and Oikawa came flooding in. You gripped your pen tighter in response. Remembering the heartbreak, the pain and the tears you've shed for him nearly made your heart leap out your chest, thankfully, you calmed down in the end.

'If the other team is not Aoba Johsai... Then Oikawa's team must be it." And your guess was correct. The team that coach Washijo had warned you about ended up being Oikawa's team. You couldn't describe what you were feeling: there was a mix of emotions that spurred inside you.