XXIX (29)

The day after you and your mother finally made up, you focused solely on studying for the exams. And the next day after that, and the next day after that too. The whole week, you focused on trying to get the information in your head.

Finally, the week after that, you go to school hopeful that you do well in your exams. You enter your classroom full of hope until you see your classmates looking gloomier than ever. Some heads were on their desks, sleeping or maybe accepting their deaths. Some girls were studying last minute while other boys stand near the windows panicking. On the other hand, your boyfriend, peacefully reviews his notes. You begin to wonder how the other boys in the volleyball team are doing.

You sit down, breathing in and out before the exam begins. Ushijima turns his head towards you, his expression is a little lighter. " Good luck, f/n" he smiles at you and goes back to review his notes.

Your lips form a smile. How many weeks has it been? You think to yourself, tilting your head along. It's been about five weeks since the two of you have started dating, five weeks of greeting each other good mornings, five weeks of calling each other on the phone every Tuesday night. However, your mind comes up with a sudden realization, We.. we haven't exchanged not a single I love you..

Your hand hovers over your mouth, shocked at your own realization. Before you could even dwell on it further, your homeroom teacher enters with a stack of paper the width of a textbook.

" Good morning everyo-" her eyes scan the room, noticing her gloomy students.

" Seems like everyone is well prepared for the exam!" She enthusiastically raises the stack of papers and shakes them to show her students.

" Eh? Sensei, how can you tell?" The class comedian attempts a joke to lighten up the mood of your classmates, which was indeed successful. People shared a few chuckles here and there before slumping their heads on their desks ones again.

" Alright, you know the drill. Pencils and erasers on your desks only, twenty minute break after the English exam then we start our Math" she goes over the rules nonchalantly, like she's gotten over the same rules for a long time. The sounds of exhausted groans fill up the room. But no matter how much students complain, the exams will still continue.

Your head drops dead on your desk and your hand hurts from writing for three hours. Ah, I might as well just drop out. These thoughts surround your head but you shake them off. The English and Math exam has finally ended. Your brain has lost all of its engine and you begin to feel tired.The English exam was a breeze for you but the one that gave you the hardest time was Math.

Can't wait for the Japanese exam. You sarcastically mumble to yourself knowing that Japanese is the one subject you keep having a hard time on. Ushijima packs his things which catches your attention. You face him while still laying your head on top of your desk.

" The English exam must've been a breeze for you, Wakatoshi" you pout, remembering the English only conversation he and Yua had in the car.

" There were some questions that gave me trouble" He speaks, putting the last item in his bag.

" How was the math exam for you?" He looks at you curiously. You let out a silent cry before answering his question.

" bad, like really bad." You hold your head high, finally meeting his eyes. Ushijima nods at you in return which you thought was weird.

" No words of encouragement for me?" You pout. Ushijima meets your eyes for a second then looks around the room.

" Well... You know.. Math is really hard"