XXVII (27)

Hours later into the morning, you spent the rest of your time enjoying yourself with the company of Ushiijma and his two sisters, not minding your problems and instead , pushing them away.

You watch the news along with Ushijima, who was slouched down, his hands in his pockets as he gives off an incredibly bored look. 

'My parents didn't even report it to the police huh' you roll your eyes away from the television. You thought your parents didn't care about you anymore, glad that they got no more problem to deal with at home. Ushijima leers at you. He notices the annoyed look on your face.

"Thinking of something?" He asks, his head turns towards you as he leans forward on his knees. You take a deep breath and let out a sigh.

" dad didn't even call me earlier, they should've already woken up by now yet why-" you stop yourself. Your head shakes, trying to shake the thoughts away. Ushijima places his hand on your back, moving it up and down in an attempt to comfort you.

"I should've told you this last night" your head quickly turns to Ushijima, a guilty look painted all over his face.

" I already told your father" 

" Yesterday, when he sent me home, he gave me his number" you slowly shake your head in disbelief. 

"After you made that outrageous call last night, I immediately called your father about the situation" You didn't know whether to feel relieved or disappointed. Relieved that your parents didn't have to panic about your sudden disappearance. Disappointed that your own boyfriend threw you under the bus and now you have to deal with the consequences when you get home. Either way, it all leads to one thing. Trouble. A big one on top of that.

" Hey lovebirds" both of your heads turn quickly to the blonde sister who was walking down the stairs. 

"Time to go, f/n-chan" You gasp at her sudden comment. "Eh?" You ask, panic fills you up.

" Mom and dad decided to return from England earlier because of some meeting they have to attend " Yua responds, rolling her eyes and shaking her head in disapproval of their parents' decision.

" Where are they now?" Ushijima stands up in an alerted position. 

" Driving. Twenty minutes until they get here" Yua quickly grabs her car keys and spins it around her red coated nails. 

"Eh? B-but why?-" Yua grabs your hand with a look of reassurance. 

" remember when I said our mom is really strict? Well, she's very scary when she's strict. And she's only strict when she's mad. Well today she's REALLY mad. So f/n-chan, we gotta go" Yua shoots you a nervous smile. Footsteps hurl across the stairway as Aki quickly runs towards you with your things.

" f/n-chan..." Aki pouts, almost teary eyed. " I'm sad we didn't get to spend more time together.... please come again next time! Please please please?" 

Aki rushes toward you with a warm hug. The only response you can give is looking at Ushijima for confirmation. You look at Ushijima who was in the midst of processing the whole situation.

" You'll be alright" He caresses your cheek, comforting you for the tenth time today. 

" Okay, let's go!" Yua pumps her arm up in the air. 

' She looks way too happy about this' 

" Lily" Ushijima calls out before you and Yua step out the door.

 "I'll come with f/n" Yua's excitement settles down as she looks at Ushijima seriously in the eyes. 

" Alright, hop in" They communicate in fluent English. 

Like she said, you and Ushijima hop in Yua's Matte Black Cadillac, taking up the back seats. 

Silence filled the ride in the first three minutes. That is, until Yua started talking to Ushijima in a language you couldn't comprehend at all, English.

" What'll you do about this Oshi?" Your eyes dart towards the rear view mirror to see Yua's face looking worried, her hand in front of her chin as it rests on the car door. She keeps her eyes on the road as she carefully drives.

All you understood was the word 'Oshi', which was apparently your boyfriend's nickname, possibly given by their dad. Ushijima looks to the cars outside the window.

" I don't know, All I can do is support her from the sides. I think it's rude for me to butt in her family issues when her family doesn't trust me well enough yet" 

'What are they saying?' You try your best to understand, yet nothing seems to process in mind. 

You feel Ushijima's hand on top of yours. " Don't worry, we just talk in English when we get serious" like butter, Ushijima smoothly transitions to Japanese, reassuring you. You feint a smile in return.

" Ah seriously, I'm going to lecture dad after this" Yua snickers, also smoothly transitioning to Japanese. 

Half an hour later, Yua's car stops in front of your two-storey house. All of a sudden, you feel the intense pressure that you've always felt. Your heart begins to pound furiously. Yua turns to you with a look of worry. 

" f/n-chan. I'm sure you'll be able to solve this situation..." she encourages you.

"Remember, you've got this robot right here and me!" Yua turns her palm into a fist and pumps it in the air. You smile at her, feeling a bit of weight lifting off your shoulders. 

You and Ushijima step out the car. The gate creaks open and as you step in, your heart pounds faster and faster. It has gotten to the point where all you can hear is your heartbeat. Ushijima knocks on the door three times. Each knock felt slow for you.

Your father opens the large door, his eyes widen in shock. Your mother comes in running, her eyes stained red from crying too much. From this moment on, you expected a large slap. A slap from your mother, a yell from your father, words like ' we disown you' from your own parents yet you were greeted with your father's warm smile.

Your mother pulls you into a hug, for the first time in years ever since elementary school, your mother has pulled you into a comforting hug.

Right after she pulls you into an almost suffocating hug, your mother begins wailing.

"You annoying child! Please please please don't ever pull something like that again...." her voice cracks as she lets her tears out. You were stunned, not knowing what to do.

"I'm sorry. It's all my fault. I've been such an awful mother to you...." 

There it was.

Her words cut you like a sharp knife, not in a bad way but in a sad one. The next thing you knew, you were also letting your tears out, gasping for air.

" I'm sorry Mom. I don't hate you at all... I really don't..I just...." Ushijima stands still, taking in the  moment of the reconciliation between a mother and a daughter.

Your mother pulls away from the hug, wiping your tears away. "Let's all have a tea and chat together okay? Including Ushijima-kun"

"O-okay" you grab Ushijima's hand. Gripping it tightly than ever before, squishing it a couple times, as if saying thank you and I love you. Ushijima didn't notice it ,of course. Because that was your way of telling people how much they meant to you.

 a/n: so sorry for updating a little late >_< I ran out of ideas and I even felt like the previous chapter wasn't satisfying. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter tho. Thank you guys :)