XXXIV(34)

The last whistle blows, Ohira Reon shifted his body to the right in an attempt to save the last ball. The ball that should've went up if Ohira successfully saved it, the ball that should've landed on Shirabu's fingers for the second touch.... and lastly,  the ball that should've went high up for the ace spiker, Ushijima. Yet it dribbles on the ground after it reflects off of Ohira's arm.  Silence fills the whole stadium. Your ears feel like as if it was deafened, your heart sinks to the ground. 

Karasuno won with a score of 21 to 19.

" We..... lost?..." you couldn't believe it, even though you repeat those words over and over again you still couldn't believe it. Your head begins to spin, you were too focused in the game that you didn't even know how to react once the last point was earned by Karasuno. Your mind couldn't keep up with all the thoughts in your head.

Loud cheers fill up the stadium, the cheers from the opposing team, of course. " Thanks For your support!"  You hear but don't look, because you know it'd be painful to see the other team celebrating instead of you.

A thought floats in your head, you clench your fist as soon as you realize you've been worried about the wrong player all along. 

"Kenjiro, are you alright?" Sweat all over his neck and face, Ohira Reon looks at the young setter in concern. Shirabu has been absent minded ever since the game ended, his head was floating in space, trying to figure out what had just happened. Shirabu looks at his senior and looks down at the floor. 

"Yes" he replies. " My head's spinning a little. I never thought we would lose" 

Ohira stares at him in sadness, he turns his head away to face the team, who was walking in defeat towards you and the coaches. " Well, no one here thought we would lose." Ohira's eyes land on you. 

" Especially her" Ohira signals with his eyes and Shirabu looks up to look at you in a pitiful state. You were trying your best to prepare the towels yet your hands were shaking and flailing around,  you were attempting not to let your tears out . Shirabu lowers his head down in defeat.

Moments later, tear drops fall lightly on the floor. Shirabu, Ohira, Goshiki and Soekawa's eyes close with tears falling down on their cheeks. You accidentally took a look at them and seeing them cry made your throat sting, you were on the verge of crying as well yet you try to maintain a calm person for the team.

" Goshiki, you tried your best." Is what you'd want to say but no words seem to come out of your mouth. The coaches stand still, waiting for the players to arrive in front of them. Coach Washijo's face showed no emotion and Coach Saito became stern. The team arrive in front of them. Ushijima stands on the far left of the circle and you stand on the opposite side, looking down at the floor as you bite your lips. At this point in time, your throat stung so much that it was almost hard to hold back your tears. 

" We'll have a meeting after we get back. Once the awards ceremony is over get onto the bus" Coach Washijo announces with his  tired yet croaky voice. 

"Right" Ohira replies back. The head coach took a few steps towards the gym door but stopped to tell the team another thing. "And you'll be hitting a hundred serves later" he says, looking back with his arms still wrapped around his back.

Tendou holds his head up and looks like he was about to give up. Shirabu, on the other hand, looks weakened and defeated. You let out a silent sigh. Ushijima's fists are clenched, a towel resting in his curled up hands. 

You left with the coaches earlier so you didn't have the chance to watch the ceremony.

"I'd rather slit my throat open than watch that" you say to yourself. You flop your butt down the cold bench sitting outside the stadium. The coaches roamed around the stadium and you decided to wait for the team outside. You stare at the empty skies, wandering around in your thoughts.