•xɪɪ

It has been three days since Shiratorizawa's game against Seijoh. Luckily for the team, they get to take a two-month much-needed break. According to Shiratorizawa's coach, Washijo, the Miyagi Spring High Representative playoffs occur in October, which is a long four months away.

You sat down in class, not paying attention to what the teacher is saying. Yesterday's match stuck to your mind like glue. Maybe because it was your ex who you played against. You let out a sigh while your eyes drooped.

"F/n," You turned your head immediately after hearing  Ushijima's voice.

"What's the answer for number 4?" he asked, along with a confused expression. You knew you wouldn't know the answer -- since you weren't paying attention to the lesson at all. But you also didn't want to disappoint Ushijima either.

"Uh..." you paused for a brief moment, pretending to think of the answer. "15?" You raised an eyebrow and your tone rises, hopefully thinking it would convince him.

But there was one thing you forgot... and that was--

"F/n, this is Japanese class..." Ushijima replied, looking seriously at you, while his tone sounded a little disappointed.

'Well, shit,' you thought to yourself. Of course, after an embarrassing moment, you were about to ask him what the question was-- something you should've done first. But you were too late, as your teacher had already called your name. You quickly stood up in response and everyone turned their eyes on you.

"Could you try to tell me the meaning of this character?" asked your teacher as he points his finger unto the board. 'Character...'  You started to get nervous, frantically looking at your notes and hoping you've written the answer somewhere, but you immediately realized you weren't paying attention at all-- and of course, there was nothing in your lonely blank sheet of paper.

'Great fucking luck,' you cursed yourself. Ushijima's gaze made it harder, it felt as if his eyes were piercing into your soul. The ends of his lips curved slightly as he turned his face away from you. He quietly writes on his notebook and shoves it to the side of his desk, hoping you'd see it.

Luckily, because of Ushijima, you were able to answer the question. You sat down and let out a harsh sigh. Sometimes you wonder how you managed to pass Shiratorizawa's hellish entrance exams-- and with that short attention span of yours, you wouldn't be surprised if you hadn't made it.

You gestured to Ushijima to come closer, which he did, and you whispered something.

" Thank you, Wakatoshi. I'll buy your favourite strawberry milk later." You covered your mouth and laughed silently. Ushijima's eyes widened at the comment while his cheeks turned slightly red.

"I do NOT like strawberry milk," he protested. You raised an eyebrow and chuckled.

"Hm, sure. But remember the times you asked the coach to give you strawberry flavoured energy juice instead of the normal ones? Yeah, and I do remember having to buy a pack before every match. Or was that just a hallucination?" You placed your fingers on your chin, pretending as if you were deep in thought and nudge your elbow at Ushijima.

"They simply taste better," he murmured and let out a quick sigh. You quickly noticed the redness on Ushijima's cheeks, which prompted you to stop teasing him. Quickly turning to the view outside the window, you covered your mouth in surprise.

'He's so adorable,' you thought as you tried to compose yourself.

- -

The lunch bell finally rang and everyone in the class quickly hopped outside in excitement. After one long and boring class, who wouldn't want to jump out of class right away? You waited patiently for Ushijima as he finishes his last sentence in his notebook. You leaned your chin against your palm and looked at him.