xx

The sound of the ball making an impact as it hit Ushijima's palm got louder each time he spiked it. You've been eyeing him throughout the practice match and you noticed that he seemed more serious while playing. Not that any passerby can tell the difference between his serious and more serious face, but after knowing him for three years, you definitely could.

"Kageyama Tobio and Hinata Shoyo. I want to know more about them,"  you recalled the request he made earlier. His eyes stared into yours as if he was saying 'You know what to do'. But your eyes darted away, already visualizing the pain you have to go through while researching. 

You let out a sigh and replied, "Okay"

'How should I even do research about them?' You throw your head back, complaining to yourself. 

Time went by fast. Both teams finally reached the final score with the college team winning. By the end of the match, both coaches talked to both teams while you cleaned up. You heard the claps from coach Saito, signalling that he's finally dismissing the players. Ushijima and Tendou walked towards you, and they began to untie the net and try to help you out.

"You seem quiet today, Wakatoshi-kun," the red-head asked, a curious look was plastered all over his face. 

"Am I?" Ushijima replied, not answering Tendou's question. Tendou nodded slowly while his eyebrows furrowed at Ushijima.

"I'm more fired up today," your boyfriend replied with a straight face, causing Tendou to chuckle. 

"Then at least say it like you're actually fired up!" he teased. 

Ushijima ignored his friend and turned his head towards you. "F/n, you know what to do right?" 

You ran your hand through your hair and rolled your eyes. "I know. I know... you don't have to remind me." You gave him an annoyed look , to which Ushijima noticed.

"You don't have to force yourself tonight..." he replied, unaware of the misunderstanding it might cause. Of course, Tendou noticed and quickly turned his head towards the two of you, his feet making quick steps to walk toward his best friends.

"Wakatoshi-kun, f/n-chan... " The red-head covered his mouth but his eyes reflected an all too familiar teasing look. Realizing what Ushijima had said, your cheeks turned red in embarrassment. 

"What-what are you saying?!" You tried your hardest not to break into a smile but with the innocent look on Ushijima's face, you'd probably fail.

Tendou burst out laughing with his arms wrapped around his stomach. Seriously, the only time his dear friend says something quite provocative is also the only time it means something completely innocent.  "W-wait. I can't believe it..." He continued laughing hysterically in between his words. Meanwhile, the confused look on Ushijima's face caused you to think he intended to say something innocent-- not something perverted. Although you were kind of disappointed.

"I don't get why you're laughing, Satori," with a serious look on his face, Ushijima asked the laughing red-head.