XXXVI(36)

" Smile!!" your father repeats for the second time as you, Ushijima, Tendou, Semi, Ohira and Soekawa pose for a graduation picture in front of the gymnasium. You hold a pretty bouquet of white lilies given by your mother and a diploma on your other hand. Ushijima's arm is wrapped around your shoulders as he awkwardly smiles for the photo. 

" Wakatoshi-kun! you look awkward, lean a bit closer to f/n-chan" your father instructs Ushijima, he does what he's told and leans his face forward towards your face while also giving his best smile. Tendou sees Ushijima and throws his hands on the air with a bright smile on his face.

" Okay. One two three... smile!" your father clicks the shutter button on his camera, it's sound clicks as it takes the photo. Your mother claps in delight and smiles.

" Congratulations on graduating guys!" she greets all of you, hugging you and Ushijima and also congratulating the others. The month of March was another successful month for you and Ushijima.  Recalling all your memories from when you were first years got you emotional. Your high school life is finally coming to an end and you can't help but already feel the nostalgia. 

What's going to happen from now?  these thoughts wander in your head but the comforting smiles of your friends and parents remind you to enjoy the moment.

" Senpai!" Goshiki's familiar voice causes you and the others to turn around. You see Shirabu, Goshiki and a young looking girl run towards you.

" Oh? Goshiki-kun, Shirabu did you come here to see us?" you ask, a bright smile is formed on your face.

" Yes. We wanted to see our seniors off. Oh, this is Yukimura-chan. She's our new manager" Goshiki puts his hand in front of the young girl. You smile at her and look at her in the eyes with sincerity. You expected to feel some kind of bitterness after finding out that they've already replaced you but seeing her kind face made you feel a little relieved.

" I'm f/n l/n. Nice to meet you" you greet. She looked nervous and scared being surrounded by third years but she tries her best to smile at you and the others. 

" Uhm. I-i'm.. Yukimura Eri! Nice to meet all of you! I'll make sure to be a good manager like you l/n-san!" She bows aggressively which causes you to flinch in response. A chuckle comes out of your mouth, she definitely reminded you of how you were three years ago. 

Yukimura turns to Ushijima. " U-Ushijima-senpai! I'm a big fan of you. Pl-please sign my notebook!" Tendou laughs out loud at the cute girl's odd request. 

" A-an autograph?" Ushijima becomes flustered and looks as if he was on the verge of smiling. Yukimura smiles while she nods her head up and down. 

" Dang it. I should've asked him that too" You hear Goshiki's small whispers, causing you to chuckle silently.  As requested, Ushijima grabs the pen from Yukimura and signs her pink notebook, the notebook with a big title on the front cover. The title says, " Shiratorizawa Volleyball Team" with hearts around it. You smile in awe.

After her notebook got successfully signed, Yukimura turns to you and looks at you with shining eyes. " l/n-san. I admire you for being such a good manager. I've been an avid fan of the volleyball team ever since I came here and I really admire you." Yukimura's eyes twinkle. Your heart warms at her words, you place your hand on top of her head like what Ushijima does to you.

" Thank you. You seem like a very passionate girl, Yukimura-chan. I'm sure you'll do well as the manager" you rub her head gently like a puppy and give her a warm smile.

" f/n-senpai. We will miss you." Goshiki declares with a sad smile on his face. You chuckle in response and slap him jokingly on the arm. 

" Don't make it sound like I'm leaving Japan for good, Goshiki-kun" you tease him. Another set of footsteps get closer, the other first and second years come into view. They get closer towards all of you to say their final goodbyes.