•ᴠɪ

Shiratorizawa Academy prides itself as the strongest school in the prefecture of Miyagi. Many known volleyball athletes representing Japan were once a team member of the Shiratorizawa volleyball team.

The head coach, Washijo Tanji, does not waste time in perfecting his athletes' skills, stengths and abilities. That being said, today you are in charge of watching over the players' spikes and receives. The Miyagi Prefectural Qualifiers will take place in a mere two days, and so you along with all the other members are working hard.

"Alright, that's the end of the 100 spikes for today. Now, unto 50 receives!" You pursed your lips together to blow whistle while the players drop dead on the ground. It's no surprise that they'd be exhausted, they did do a hundred spikes. Everyone was busy panting for air-- except the team captain, Ushijima. He stood still, unfazed, yet still had a few drops of sweat.

"The coach sure does like the number 100." Goshiki Tsutomo, the future 'ace' of the team, sighed and fell on the ground as he pretends to fall asleep.

"Goshiki-kun, how are you going to beat Wakatoshi if you keep lazying around like that?" The redhead, Tendou, poked the younger one teasinly. Tendou was always in charge of Goshiki whenever he loses his drive to play or practice, and it's safe to say it always works.

Goshiki jolted up, reviving from his 'death'. He saw Ushijima peacefully drinking water and ran toward him. "U-Ushijima-san! please teach me how to spike like you!" With the sudden burst of energy, he bowed down causing Ushijima to flinch.

"Your spikes do need a little work, so I'll teach you," replied Ushijima. He didn't even seem fatigued after the dreaded spike practice, but it was expected. Everyone in the team look up to the captain: he has power, stamina, and endurance. And it's no surprise the young first year looks up to him as well.

The simpleton Goshiki appeared to have stars in his eyes every time Ushijima spikes the ball. He looked focus and amazed at the same time. After five successful 'Woahs' from him, you and the team members wait for the serving session to finish.

"Ushijima-san! One day, I'll be able to beat your powerful spikes! And then I'll be the ace of Shiratorizawa!" Goshiki grinned proudly and challenged the captain face to face.

'Ah, there it is' you and the ten other members thought to yourselves. As usual, Ushijima replied with a nod after Goshiki's proclamation and walks past him.

Coach Saito Akira clapped his hands, gathering the team's attention. Like a flock of obedient students, you all lined up in front of him for the meeting.

"Alright, great practice every one! Your spikes and receives are more accurate than usual today and you all should be proud of it," reassured the enthusiastic coach. It's a good thing coach Saito is there for the team's moral support. While Coach Saito is everyone's support system, the head coach-- Washijo Tanji-- is the team's strict leader. And, speaking of the devil, coach Washijo finally steps in to take charge.

He scanned each and every member, looking at them in their eyes. "I want you kids to be at your best this week. I've heard from multiple sources that a former powerhouse school have been gaining a lot of attraction," said the head coach. His wrinkles dug deeper, making his face more serious than ever. And that caused all of the members to pay more attention. Meanwhile, the thought of a former powerhouse school piqued your interest.

Coach Washijo continued, "We've been the strongest school in the prefecture, and I believe no team can beat our current line up. Now we are stronger than ever. So what I want you all to do is to slam those rumours down. Prove to everyone that our team is the best and no one else. Soon they'll see that we are a force to be reckoned with." The players nodded with an encouraged smile on their faces. They look more fired up than ever.