Chapter 8

SCORES OF STUDENTS IN UNIFORMS walked towards the direction of the university's cafeteria hall for their lunch recess. Reeves ambled with his buddy Joe among the hungry herd, flocking over after their Math class. The red-haired Joe was a taller Intersexual and was slightly hefty framed — making the pint-sized Reeves looking much smaller, as he moved beside him.

Reeves was looking feisty — today was Thursday — the day which he kept looking forward to...

"Come on man, let's go over there."

"Why? What's with you, and that place? Please let's eat here, at the cafeteria, dude."

It was Thursday — for Reeves, it is that same shitty fish and chips for lunch — a menu created by their in-house British nutritionist who happened to be the sister of a once-famous, but now dead TV male celebrity chef from the pre-Medusa era. She was hired to give the Wesleyan students a bit of palate variant, and an appreciation to food culture.

"No, we grab the food, as usual, Joe — and, we head to the wall."

"Reeves!"

Reeves was then interrupted abruptly by a woman's voice — calling his name from behind him. Both the boys turned to see the psychiatrist Winnie Sherlock pacing over...

"Now what?" Reeves mumbled inwards.

"Hey, what happened just now — you scored only 20% out of the 50 questions? You were the only one who flunked in the group — explain that now to me!"

Sherlock pretended that she was unwitting of Reeves' chicanery — of knowing about the one-way mirror — and, his ruse was in fact spotted by her own boss earlier...

Reeves shrugged, and he was tongue-tied a second — he subterfuge a suitable excuse...

"The test questions were tough, I guess, Miss Sherlock."

The woman found his excuses to be parochial...

"Cut the bullshit, smarty pants! The next lowest guy before you passed, and scored 55%, — and many others were 70% and above — but you, you got only 20% — now how is that possible?

"Are you trying to screw things up here!!?"

He had admonished himself to study hard in the past, to become part of the top ten per cent of the brightest students in the IIRC — it now seemed like he was a lab-rat, to their inordinate experimental system...

So Reeves was trying his best to be dropped off as a test subject, and he wanted to be among the below-average students like his buddy Joe here — but now, he was found out...

"No Miss Sherlock, like I said — this advanced test series is too tough for me — and I think I can't cope with it."

Winnie Sherlock pointed a finger close to Reeve's nose to further censure...

"You are lying again to me now!

"I want you to re-sit tomorrow — and redo the same test, all over again. Go hit the books, and this time you better stop fooling us — and, get those damn answers correct too!"

Sherlock warned, and walked away...

"Fuck! I hate doing these damn tests. I don't know why they keep picking on me to do it?"

Reeves fumed inwards, Joe replied back...

"Coz you are one of the good students, dude — now, how come you flunk this time?"

Reeves felt like punching Joe in the mouth because he was not the one, who had to do these additional tests in the IIRC advanced test series.

Another group of boisterous Intersexuals came from behind, laughing out loud. They were the loud-mouths from his class — Kiki and Hank were the ringleaders of these misfits. Reeves took a glance at them — he despised their annoying presence in gym class earlier...