CHAPTER 30

"Witch house first?", Jade asked.

"Can I choose?", Sally asked,batting her eyes innocently.

"Alright but choose a weak looking house", Jade warned.

"What does a weak looking house look like", Sally inquired.

" A smaller house with girly colors and a garden,no lights on,a warm smell inside,rocking chairs,childrens toys etc", I said.

Sally looked around hard till a baby blue house caught her eyes with a row of pretty tulips sitting in the garden.

Me and Jade exchanged glances and nodded.

"okay let's go in", Sally ran up to the door and was about to knock if I hadn't stopped her by holding her fist back.

"You can't just knock,you have to see if the doors open dummy", I sighed.

"Why? They'll let us in won't they?", Sally look perplexed.

I shook my head"no they won't"

"How come?", Sallys eye widened.

"Becuase no one wants to die", I explained. "So we have to be sneaky".

Sally nodded in awe at the new information. "Okay"

"First knock lightly", I began. "If foot steps come to the door dive into the bushes, knock lightly enough to where they wouldn't hear if they where sleeping but would if they where in there living room or something".

Sally knocked lightly. There was a tense silence and I readied every muscle to run ,Jade did the same. After a minute Sally opened the door quietly. It was unlocked, witch was expected for an old women or whoever lived here.

"stay as silent as possible", Jade whispered. Sally nodded vigorously as she stepped around without so much as a sound.

"The victim will be sleeping it seems,that'll make this easy", I remarked.

Sally quietly scittered down the hall and peered in a door. I couldn't see what she saw in the door,but her eyes widened and she looked over to me and Jade. I slid my ax out and  cautiously approached the door. Inside there was a women sleeping.

Jade handed Sally a knife. "You can do the deed with this,stab the heart,you know where that it right?, She asked.

Sally nodded eagerly and gripped the knife harder. With a mighty battle cry Sally struck the knife down on the women,pinpointing the heart perfectly. The women jerked for a moment and then fell silent. It was a perfect kill shot.

Sally turned around her eyes twinkling with excitement. " I did it!", She squealed happily.

" You did it perfectly,now let's get going incase police or someone comes here", I said.

We all left the house and moved on to the next and the next till we'd hit about 13 houses witch was alot.

"We should head back,we stayed out to late and its almost morning", Jade commented,motioning to the small streak of light where the sun was soon to rise.

With heavy tired steps we started walking to the mansion. Sally stumbled tiredly like a drunkard.

When we made it back the mansion was silent. Everyone was sleeping. I guess perhaps slender trusted us with Sally. I knew he'd be mad that she was out so late though. Oh well. I went upstairs into my room. I curled under the sheets in an undershirt and underwear and soaked in the warmth from the bed. I soon was dreaming.

Dream

For some reason I can remember my what my life was like back in Germany. Very clearly. I could almost touch those kind of memories....