CHAPTER 1

The man took me to a orphanage. On the way there he asked me a bunch of questions. Normal stuff like my name at first ,but then started to ask if I took any medication. I said no and just like that said that he himself said he was gonna adopt me after that. And so he did.

                                               ***

I sat in a room. I was not alone though. A bunch of children were running around laughing and playing with there toys. I sat alone in the corner quietly. It had been a week sense the man who had greeted me took me to this orphanage. He had said he was gonna adopt me,but I was starting to lose hope that he was coming back. Oh well...I wasn't surprised. Mommy and Daddy never came back either so why would he? I'd denied their death for a while now,but a couple days ago I finally excepted it for the first time...

"I hate this place",I muttered quietly enough that none of the other children heard.

All of a sudden someone opened the door and the man I had first met walled in. A couple of the lady's ran over. They looked excited to have a customer. They lead him around the room and introduced him to some of the children. He was friendly,but still looked unimpressed and then he saw me. His face lit up slightly and he walked over to me and leaned down.

"How's life here?",He asked pushing his glasses up on his nose as he did.

"Fine I guess",I muttered;looking at the ground.

The man was silent for a moment and then asked.

"So how would you feel If I adopted you?",

I looked up at him in shock. He'd kept his word alright.

"Adopt me?",I questioned.

"I have a loving wife at home and I know she would want a little girl like you and so would I",He answered.

"I umm...",I didn't know what to say.I was slightly suspicious that he would ask me that so quickly. I'd known he was planing to ,but still. Was it right of me to go with him?

"I guess...I have no reason to not go",I said after a while.

The man smiled warmly and patted the top of my head.

"Lets go then",He said.

"Are you sure you wouldn't want any other another child?",One of the female helpers asked.

The man turned to her and his glasses flashed in the summer light streaming from the window.

"Why would someone not want "this" child?",He asked calmly.

" I err...never mind",She stumbled. "I will get the paper work."

As the man pulled me gently to my feet I noticed some of the other children were whispering to each other.

"Why does she get adopted before me?",One of the other 7 year old girls pouted.

"I agree",I little boy nodded."I have never even seen her talk...I bet she's a retard."

I hung my head and followed the man.The boy who had made  the retard comment stuck his foot out and tripped me.

"Hehehe",He snickered."What an idiot"

The man turned around angrily and towered over the boy.

"I suggest you keep your mouth shut",He smiled innocently."Or I may just have to stitch it shut.Would you like that?"

The little boy shook his head in a no and fearfully ran behind a female helper.She hadn't heard what the man said and she scanned his face for clues,but the man's face returned to a calm professional looking expression.

The former female helper returned a moment later with a pile of papers and the man signed them quickly.We both left the building afterwards.

                                             ***

After a long drive the man pulled the taxi over in front of a large cream coloured house.

I followed him to the front door and my new dad rung the door bell.After a moments wait a women with short brown hair and a baby blue long sleeve shirt answered the door.

"Aww arnt you just precious!",She said;her green eyes sparkled with excitement.

"You can us mom dad now",My new dad said happily."If you want that is".

"Well Okay",I exclaimed cheerfully;my supisons slowly fadding away.

The rest of the day was pretty normal. I unpacked. I walked around. The entire time I was unpacking my new parents were in the living room whispering to one another quietly so I couldn't hear. I brushed it aside as grown up stuff though.

I shouldn't have. I should've run away there and then. But I didn't.