CHAPTER 23

I froze at the question. Slender was obviously suspicious. My heart pounded frantically as I searched for an answer.

,I stabbed it with a glass shard,what do you think it looks like?", I muttered.

,Why do you cover it though child?", Slender asked.

,I don't know", I looked at the ground. I just don't really like to see it that's all.

,It might ruin the creepiness if you keep it covered", Slender pointed out.

,Still I don't really feel like it", I lied.

Slender didn't say anything after that which worked fine cause E.j came back into the room shortly afterwards with a small box.

,Stay still", E.j ordered. I sat on the edge of the bed He began to clean out the wounds. To me it wasn't painful so I just sat there awkwardly till he finished.

,I know your a pasta,but you won't help anyone by bleeding to death", E.j muttered.

,It seemed to help my parents", I restorted quietly.

E.j glared at me. Or at least I thought he was glaring. He didn't say anything though. Just continued cleaning out the cuts.

,I am sorry", I muttered after about 5 minutes of silence.

,For what?", E.j asked.

,I've just caused trouble for you guys ever sense I got here", I whispered.

,No you haven't", E.j shrugged.

, Yea I have...I think...I should leave", I suggested.

,Your fine here trust me", E.j protested.

I stood up suddenly and E.j looked surprised.

,Sorry,but I've lost my trust along time ago", I snatched my pocket knife and my ax. Then ran for the door.

I heard E.j try to say something,but I shut the door behind him. He pounded to be let out and I could barley hold the door shut. I looked down at my pocket knife and realized I was gonna have to make a sacrifice. I stuck the pocket knife in between the door hinge. It wouldn't hold him for long I knew.

Using the railing a slide I slid down the stairs in a matter of seconds. As much as I would've like to have said good by to everybody I knew I needed to move quickly.

,Where are you going?", Jade raised her head.

,Bye", Was all I stated as I fled out the door.

                                        ***

I don't now how long I ran. For about an hour. I didn't care what direction I was heading in. I just wanted to get away from that mansion. It was getting light out again now and the sun was beginning to peek over the mountains in the distance.

I should've never considered staying. I should've of never let L.j chase me there. I should've never let my guard down...I should've never... went inside that mansion. So then why did I feel regret at leaving? No it can't be regret. Why would I regret it? I only caused trouble there...I did leave kinda suddenly though. Fleeing in the middle of day with the whole mansion watching,what was I thinking?

Maybe I should leave more than the mansion...maybe I should leave...this town. I pondered on weather I should for a while.

What happens if I run into the pastas again? Will that make them...My enemies?

well that was sudden...we continue on nevertheless