CHAPTER 22

,Are you up yet?", A voice asked me.

,You idiot she's sleeping!", I recognized E.j's voice.

I growled and felt for a pillow,covering my ears with it.

,Did you idiots wake her up?", Slenders voice asked angrily as he entered the room.

,I tried to tell him to stop,but he was ruthless", The first voice said in mock hurt. It must've been L.j.

,Don't blame it on me", E.j growled.

I opened my eyes. The sight before me was predictable. E.j was standing at the foot of the bed and Slender at the door with some laundry in his hands. Where was L.j though?

,Want some candy? ", A voice asked seductively in my ear.

, dumbass!", E.j grabbed L.j by his shirt collar and dragged him off the bed onto the floor. I heard a couple wacks and I smiled  to my self.

,Are you feeling better?", E.j asked.

,Yea I guess", I muttered.

I rubbed my tired eye and stepped out onto the floor.

As I went to the door I felt that something was off about me. It was my eye patch. It felt loose and before I could do anything it fell. Before my eye was revealed I covered it with my hand and leaned down to scoop us the eyepatch witch had fallen on the floor.

I looked around warily,making sure no one saw my eye. What laid beneath my eyepatch was to remain secret. However I saw Slender staring at me intensely. Had he seen?

,What's wrong?", E.j asked.

,Nothing", I looked at the ground awkwardly.

Before I was asked any questions I stepped out into the hall and went down the stairs. Or I would've if I hadn't slipped on the first step. I summer salted down the stairs and crashed at the bottom.

Even Ben turned to look at me. I stood up quietly and felt my head witch had endured most of the impact.

,Nothing damaged", I said calmly.

,Oh,I wouldn't go that far", Jade commented from where she was eating a steak. There was really no way to describe how she was eating the steak...well to be short it reminded me when the lion tears into a zebra on those nature programs.

,....I feel sorry for the cow who died to make that", I remarked as sat down beside Jade.

, It was a worthy sacrifice", Jade replied through mouthful of steak.

,You should get something to eat", She added.

I nodded and went into the kitchen. As I opened the fridge I wasn't surprised by the assortment of Kidneys,Cheesecake,Candy,steak, and blood. With some additional cookies ,and fruits for Sally.

I was about to take a kidney when something orange caught my eye. It was a well...and orange. They where my favorite fruit and though I enjoy kidney oranges where just as satisfying.

So I took the orange back out into the living room,not hesitating to peel it apart with my nails as soon as I realized my teeth where to dull to do the job.

,So are there other pastas?", I asked suddenly.

,Oh yea they're tons", Jade nodded. We don't see them to often though...

,I see",

,Very few people believe in us though witch is probably for the better. Sometimes children even write blogs and stuff about us,but we finish them off quickly", She added,smiling innocently.

I nodded.

Jade is a strange person yet...why do I feel like I've seen her before?                               

                                                ***

I finished the orange and leaned back against the couch. The urge to sleep started to sink in and I closed my eyes. Only to open them moments later to hear foot steps coming down the stairs. My eyes shot open and I grabbed my ax.

,Take it easy,it's only me", E.j said and stepped down the last of the steps. I relaxed again.

,Honestly your so paranoid", He sighed. Loosen up.

Maybe he was right. Despite it all I am still wary of these people,but they haven't done anything to me,I should open up to them...

E.j started to head for the kitchen ,but didn't notice the child's toy in the middle of the floor. He tripped over it. His hands broke his fall,but I heard a metal clang and I saw what fell out of E.j's hoodie in the process. His scaple.

I instantly memories of what my parents did to me all those years ago. My heart pounded faster and I froze up in fear. E.j noticed the scaple as well and he snatched it up and put back in his hoodie pocket. There was a long pause of silence.

,Are you okay", He asked cautiously.

I didn't answer.

Slowly I got up and walked right past E.j. Then I ran up the stairs and into my room. I locked the door and went over to a corner in my room and crouched down in it. My heart pounded frantically and I fought to keep stable. If I lost it again I could seriously hurt someone like I did to E.j.

,I killed them remember?", I told myself repeatedly. There dead, there dead, there dead, there dead.

Still the fear stayed with me and I could feel myself slipping into complete instantly.

I felt for my pocket knife witch was stored in my hoodie pocket.

The blade cut my figure as I felt it. Then I brought it up to my legs. Using the blade like a pencil I traced a swirly design on my thigh. Doing this...it was the only way to stop myself from hurting others. I made more designs on my arms and more on my legs. I wouldn't call it cutting...I mean I am NOT emo or depressed.

Suddenly someone knocked at the door.

,Are you alright?", It was Slender.

,I am f-fine", I told him. I fought back tears of pain.

, Child...open the door", Slender stated firmly.

I didn't speak for a while

,I am alright now", I chuckled madly. There all dead now anyway.

,Come on open the door child", Slender began to sound frantic.

I carved in another swirly mark on my arm.It dripped blood all over the floor.

,What's the dripping sound Mei?", Slender asked calmly.

,Blood", I whispered,grinning to my self.

,JACK GET UP HERE!", I heard Slender call. I heard footsteps run up the stairs.

,What is it?", E.j asked.

I heard Slender whisper something to E.j.

,Mei,open the door NOW", E.j growled. He meant it this time.

Before another word was spoken the door to my room was opened. Or kicked viciously till it did. E.j instantly saw my bleeding designs.

,You idiot,why'd you do that!!!", E.j yelled. He snatched my pocket knife away. I blinked up at him with perplexity.

, Answer me!", E.j growled.

,Jack calm down", Slender warned.

E.j took a couple deep breaths. He seemed calmer now. By now I was completely stable and could feel the pain of what I'd done though I fought not to let it show.

E.j left the room to go grab something and I was left alone with Slender. He watched me intently and I felt uncomfortable. However his next words Where the ones that sent shivers down my spine.

,Tell me...what does your eyepatch cover child?",