CHAPTER 32

"Do I really look like her?", I thought to myself. Is that a good thing?...I mean I never really knew what to think of myself. I didn't think I was especially cute or anything despite what people use to remark.If I was cute back then I definitely wasn't now. "Whatever,why do I care? I should just change out of this thing".

I walked over to my closet and to my surprise there was more clothes in there. Slender had probably got out of his way to get some stuff for me. I'd have to thank him later.

At the time didn't know wat I should wear. I hadn't really chosen an outfit for so long but I knew I shouldn't care about the past anymore. This was my life now.

So I settled on a big grey sweater I found and paired it with some black jean shorts. I took my shirt off slowly and then pulled my bottoms off. In the same instant E.j walked into the room without knocking. I quickly covered my self,blushing furiously at the situation.

"G-get out!!", I demanded.

Ej covered his eye holes with his hands. "Gahh sorry!"

He backed out of the room and shut the door,i quickly continued changing.

" I swear that boy couldn't knock to save his life", I said aloud,almost chuckling.

I couldn't push Skylar out of my mind though. She seemed so unreal and I wanted to find out about her. How close was she to Ej? What exactly happend between her and him in the first place? The thoughts raced through my mind,beckoning my curiosity.

"What if I snuck into Ej's room and looked around for some answers?", I thought. The idea came in a devious way that told me this could go terribly wrong,terribly easily. I'd never even looked through a guy's room before. I'd need to be completely silent.

I cautiously stepped out into the hallway,making sure no one saw. I shut the door behind me quietly and walked over to E.j's room. My heart pounded and I felt it rattle in my chest. I lightly knocked,half hoping for a response so I wouldn't have to go through with this. However no one stirred from inside the room. I opened the door.

It looked just like the first time I came into here after Lj chased me except the bed spread was messy and there were clothes thrown everywhere. I didn't know where to search first. I walked over to his dresser and examined the items on that. There was a clock, a lamp, a framed photo of all the pastas together, and a small wooden box as well.

Instantly I reached for the box and opened it. Inside there was a shiny scaple. My heart skipped a beat and I focused on whatever else was in the box. There was a shiny stone and a silver ring with a skull engraved into it. I took the ring and rolled it around in my hand. It was deathly cold and obviously hadn't been used for a long time. Feeling uneased I put it back in the box and closed it.

"That probably isn't the place for any answers", I thought as I looked around for any other place where they would be. My gaze rested on the closet. "Well...here go's nothing".

I opened the closet door,half expecting to find nothing,but inside there were tons of boxes. And a bunch of clothes scattered around. I grabbed the closest box and opened it. It was full of jars that contained human organs. Wasn't too surprising for Ej.

Carefully, I scanned the boxes till one caught my eye. It was in the very back of the closet and was huge. I reached back and took it out. Then I dragged it to the middle of the floor. The box was fairly heavy.

I took a deep breath and then peeled off the tightly wrapped duck tape and unfolded the flaps of the box. Inside there were stacks of neatly folded girls clothes,2 rusted knives,a hair brush,some makeup,and other girl products. There were also a bunch of pictures as well.

Without making any noise I grabbed a framed photo. It was of Ej and some other smiling girl at the beach. She had longish rust colored hair and hazel eyes and looked so much like me it was kinda scary. The girl wore a plain baby blue dress that was the won I was wearing and a floppy white hat.

I had no doubt in my mind it was Skylar. Ej wore black shorts and a completely unbuttoned flannel. His mask was pulled up to were you could see him making a small smile at the camera. I could tell he'd been happy with this girl.

Curiously I grabbed an unframed photo. It was of Skylar kissing some boy on the lips. It took me a bit to realize who it was.

"Whoa...is that Ej??", I said aloud. He had the same messy brown/red hair ,but with normal skin colored flesh and bright, electric blue eyes.

I searched through the pictures more. There was lots of Ej and Skylar. They were cuddling,laughing,kissing,climbing trees and stuff like that. There was a couple of just Skylar in front of some scenery. I even found some more old ones when Ej looked like a normal boy.  Something shiny eventually caught my eye. It was a sliver ring with a skull engraved into it. It looked identical to the one Ej had. I set it next to me to examine later.

After looking through the pictures I came across an old camera in witch the pictures had been taken from. Had Ej use to enjoy photography? Or had Skylar? Ethier way it didn't matter. I put every thing back the way it was. As I set the box back down I froze. I could here the sounds of foot steps approaching Ej's room. He must've been looking for me.

I through myself into the closet and hid. I held my breath as the door opened and Ej stepped in,looking around.

"Where the hell could she be?", Ej asked out loud. He wasn't frantic yet so I stayed put quietly.

Then I realized with a sinking feeling that I left the ring on the floor. Shit...

Ej hadn't seen it yet. But he sure stepped on it alright.

"OW fuck!", He exclaimed angry. His calmness briskly returned when he saw the ring. At first he stared at it,like it puzzled him. Then he reached down and picked it up emotionlessly. He held it there for a moment.

"....Skylar", Ej murmured quietly. He walked over to his small wooden box and put the ring in there.

I felt bad leaving out the ring even if it was accidental. It seemed to only sadden Ej to think of his ex.

He left the room and I heard his footsteps disappear down the hall.

I let out the breath I'd been holding,relieved he hadn't found me. Careful not to knock down boxes I stood up and walked out of the closet and opened the door into the hallway quietly,shutting the door behind me.

I continued to go down stairs. When I went down I felt somthing glomped my leg. It was Sally.

"Omg Mei! I'm so glad to see you", Sally squealed.

"I'm sorry,did I worry you?", I laughed nervously.

"Yah,Ej said he couldn't find you", Sally replied.

"Oh well,you don't worry about what he tells you", I chuckled. "He worries too much".

"That is true", Sally commented and released my leg.

"Have you guys found....", E.j trailed off. He was standing at the top of the staircase. "Mei! Where were you??"

"Just exploring I guess", I lied.

"Oh well...tell me before u wander off. You worried me", Ej sighed and walked down the stairs

"Sorry", I gave a small smile and Ej seemed not as tense anymore and seemed to chill out a bit. He placed a head on my head and pulled up his mask so I could see he was smiling. I blushed a little and swatted his hand away witch seemed to amuse him cause he laughed.

"So tell me Mei, what were doing in my room a bit ago?"

Cliff hanger y'all Xc
And I'm sorry ,this chapter is so overdue it's not even funny. I've had my electronics taken away for such a long time that I almost forgot this story existed XD