CHAPTER 27

Magical flash back

I woke up feeling like I had been holding my breath forever,breathing rapidly as I sat straight up. My heart pounded in my chest and I wondered why I felt this way. Had I had a nightmare I couldn't remember and if so why couldn't I remember in the first place?

Still trembling,I stepped out of bed and continued with my normal routine. After all I had school. They had closed it for a week ever since the incident. I bet there'd be an assembly about it.

And there was

The loud intercom came on suddenly during class.

,Attention students,we will be gathering in the gym for an important discussion about last week's tragedy . Please follow your teacher to your correct places ",  The vice principal said.

,Okay class,line up single file and keep your hands to yourselves", Mrs. McKraken's voice cracked. Maybe she was nervous.

Kids flung themselves at the door in an attempt to be first in line. It wasn't pretty. I waited till I felt it was safe to step in line. The class went out the door,but with all the other classes trying to get to the gym is was crowded beyond belief. It was hard to avoid being trampled in the mess as people found there seats on the bleachers. I hated being short. However it was easy to weave through people.

,Omg I wonder what the stupid crap this assembly is gonna be about this time", My friend Jasmine came up behind me with some of my other friends. Her hair was a deep dark red color,meaning it had been dyed.

I smiled and nodded unsure of how to react to this term I'd been newly introduced to that was called "bitching".

,Honesty you could at least try and think about how annoying it is,it seems nothing ever makes you unhappy", Jasmine teased and rolled her eyes.

I chuckled.

,Honesty,gurl we envy you", Lillie said. Your so pretty and yet so nice to everybody.

,Oh,I'm nothing special trust me", I laughed lightly and blushed. It was something I did when I felt awkward on the inside,after all when you get called pretty again and again you have limited responses that don't make you sounds selfish and snobby. Still though,I didn't think I was especially attractive.

Normally kids laughed and talked with friends before an assembly starts ,but today it was dead science. Not a single person moved or spoke. Some looked at the ground and a few teachers where blowing there noses and morning for the principal.

When everyone was seated the vice principal stepped out onto the floor and positioned himself in front of the microphone.

,Now as you know last week there was a code red situation that hasn't been solved completely", The vice began...

Several kids nodded slowly and some whispered things to each other I could not hear.

,And some people still are in a hospital recovering and police are unable to get information out of them other than their physical states and their vital signs", The vice continued on,he was trying to put the words together and you could tell kids weren't understanding.

,Police have come here to question each kid individually...does anyone want to say anything before they begin?", The vices gaze seemed to bore into all at once. Not one of them spoke nor breathed at that moment.

,Okay then....then let's begin", The vice stated and pulled out his lil teacher radio and said something into it.

The intercom came on and there was a tense silence. Who would be picked first?