CHAPTER 33

I froze,not knowing what to say. Couldn't Ej at least have sounded mad? Maybe then I'd know how to respond,but nope. He was completely calm. One word came to mind right then.

Deny

"What are you talking about Ej?", I lied,cocking my head to the side so I could seemed dumbfounded and innocent.

" Well a bit ago you were in my room", He replied calmly.

"Pftt no I wasn't", I rolled my eyes. My stomach did a flip flop. I wasn't the best liar you see...

Ej was quiet for a moment. He stared at me with those empty eye holes in his mask that hid what he was thinking. I felt like he was searching my face for any sign of a fib.

"Oh? Will you come with me for a moment?", Ej inquired. "This isn't a conversation to have in front of Sally is it now?"

Sally crossed her arms with annoyance and pouted. Ej sudden grabbed my wrist before I could reply and he dragged me upstairs to his room.

"Hey watch it,let go!", I slipped away from Ej's grasp as he shut his door behind him, taking a few steps back.

"Anyway, I know you were in my room Mei", He said sternly. "Stop lying"

I was silent for a bit and then,not knowing how to respond. How'd he known I was in there in the first place? I was embarrassed and angry with myself for having been caught. The house was completely silent now. It's like everyone knew exactly what happened and they were just waiting for the tension to break.

"I'm sorry,...I...I was just rummaging through some stuff", I hung my head in shame.

"And for what purpose what that'd be for?",Ej asked.

"I..errr well ummm", I struggled to put the words together.

Ej moved close to me and I felt uncomfortable. I wished I could tell what he was thinking.

"Mei...tell me now", He was loosing his patience.

I didn't say anything,just stared at the ground wishing I was kinda dead.

"Tell me", Ej growled. I was almost sure if I'd wait any longer he'd probably slit my throat with his scaple.

"Ugh I was curious about Skylar so I was looking through boxes okay?!?", I fumed,knowing perfectly well I wasn't the one who should be mad right now.

I heard Ej make a small noise from beneath his mask and he winced when I said "Skylar". I bit my lip nervously,instantly regretting saying it so insensitivity and or saying it at all. Maybe I should've lied just now...

"So...You wanna know about Skylar?", Ej asked quietly,shoving his hands in his pockets and looking away.

"Yah..I think so", I replied.

Magical flash back
Ej's pov

"Get going you fucken idiot!", My dad hissed and shoved me out the door,slamming it hard behind me.

It was a typical Thursday morning. The air was crisp with a winter breeze and the ground had frozen over overnight. I was almost your typical freshman boy if it wasn't for the fact I didn't have very many friends and my dad was a smoking,drunk,asshole.

I brushed my self off quietly and realized with annoyance I'd forgotten to get my bag. Oh well, there was no going back in to go get it. I heard the door lock behind me.

So I began to walk to school,shoving my hands in my pockets and keeping my head down as I walked.

About 30 minutes minutes later and I was at the doors of my school. I sighed drearily and opened the door. Normally the students would've been outside. Some smoking,finishing last minute homework,ganging up on other kids, but mostly just chatting away. Today it was cold and frosty so the students stayed inside and clogged the hallways,huddling in small groups that are their "clics".