~The Accidental Encounter~

꧁༒~ October ~༒࿐

꧁♋︎𒊹︎ You 𒊹︎♋︎꧂

"TRICK OR TREAT!" two kids who are dressed up in their costumes shouted at the top of their lungs in front of a white house that is decorated with Halloween decorations. The sweet woman giggled at the two and gave them their sweets and they thanked her for it. As they ran off to the next house, my (e/c) eyes followed their innocent forms and watch them disappear into the festive night while I am resting on a tree branch underneath the moonlight. I'm wearing my (brown/black) boots with (light/dark) blue jeans and a (black/white) tank top with a (f/c) flannel over it. The flannel has a gray hoodie with it and it's covering my eyes, but my mouth is shown as usual. I don't know why my mind told me to come down here around this time and watch over the people who lives in Forks, but yet, here I am. Being a little stalker to them and watching them with my gaze. My emotions are mixed up as I watch each person smile or are enjoying themselves to the fullest. Children shrilling with excitement, teenagers laughing with enjoyment and adults smiling at each other with adoration.

I guess this is what everyone body is like when they are at peace and have nothing to worry about.

I let out a sigh and lean my back against the tree. A night where terror is supposed to scare you to death and make you turn away from the darkness is suddenly turned into something to use for enjoyment. Kind of ironic yet I envy all of them. One day they will face something they didn't ask for and turn away from the world just like I have. "Man..." I whispered as I closed my eyes and let out a small groan. "I should stop being so depressing for once in my life." I snuggled up against the tree and try to get comfortable but my ears suddenly picked up on a cry for help. Opening my eyes quickly, I lean forward to see what was going on down there and I see a small boy running away from a full grown male elk. The animal looked angered towards the boy but when my gaze moved over to the boy's face, he looked quite confused but mostly scared.

"MOMMY! DADDY!" the little boy cried out and that's when I felt my heart churn by his cry.

Of course, this would happen right after I thought of something negative.

Swinging my feet over the branch, I quickly leaned backwards and spun in the air then land on my feet easily. "Hang on! I'm coming!" I dashed over to him as fast as I could but the boy takes a turn to the empty meadow that has nothing but green grass and wild flowers. Unfortunately for him, he tripped over his own feet and fell down on his stomach with a grunt. The elk is not too far away from the little guy and he was coming at him in full speed. "Fuck!" I picked up the pace then reached out my arms to the crying boy and my heart began to race at what was going to come. I am coming from behind the boy while the elk is running right in front of him and his in the middle with buckets of tears. The elk lowered down his head to the boy so he can get impaled by them but I was not going to let that happen any time soon.

"Mommy! Daddy!" he choked out and I grit down on my teeth.

Come on, (Y/n)! All! Most! There!!!

But as if time was slowing down on the right side of the meadow the bushes rustle rather violently. I turned my head to it and out of surprise, a huge wolf jumped out from behind it then chomp down it's large teeth on the elk. At the same time I grabbed the boy from the attack and pulled him onto my chest as both of the animals land on the ground hard. The boy hurriedly hid his eyes from the scene on me and I covered his ears so he doesn't hear the gruesome sounds from the wolf feasting on the elk. The wolf was on top of the elk and bit down on it's neck harshly, blood spilling out like a tomato being squashed by someone's shoe.

The boy whimpered quietly, and I rocked us a bit while watching the wolf finish off the elk. The wolf looked about twice my size and it looked vicious but protective at the same time. The creature didn't want to harm us but it only focused on the elk and that poor thing was long gone. As it feasted on it's prey, I slowly got up off the ground and made our escape. I held the boy close to me while he wrapped his tiny arms around my torso and I made sure that he never looked back at what was happening behind us.

꧁༒~ November ~༒࿐

It has only been a few weeks ever since I had that incident with the boy and the big black wolf. I only brought the boy to the edge of the woods and once I put him down on the ground, he thanked me while he ran off to his awaiting mother. I made my exit as fast as I could before anyone else saw me and I was too tired to be dealing with people asking me stupid questions about myself. Now, I'm getting ready for the snow to arrive by making sure that I have all of my things to survive from it.

"I got my jackets, boots, blankets, and..." I paused myself once I opened the fridge to only see nothing in there but a gallon of milk. "Did I seriously run out of food?" Sighing, I close the fridge shut and made my way over to the back porch. "My dumbass needs to learn how to keep up with my food savings than my-" I stopped once my foot stepped out on to the back porch because I suddenly hear a growl. The growl was actually really nearby; as if it was right below my own tree house. I slowly made my way to the edge of the back porch and lean my head forward then my jaw slightly gap open. The black wolf from before is right below me! Carefully, I made my way to the edge of the opening of the porch and slide down on the dangling rope. The wolf just stared at me in curiosity and as my feet plant themselves on the ground, I slowly turned to it without showing any signs of danger.

We stared into each other's eyes and we didn't say a word. The silence around us is not uncomfortable or awkward at all. It's just a weird atmosphere around the both of us and the both of us are sending each other the same message through our heads:

Hello, stranger.