~Shadow~

꧁♋︎𒊹︎ Narrator 𒊹︎♋︎꧂

Every small town has it's bright and dark side. There is the ordinary where citizens alike repeat the same cycle they live in and enjoy every bit of the time they have within it. But then there is the extraordinary where unreadable and unknown citizens alike who protects the cycle from anything dangerous. Yet that is not why we are here today; We came for another reason. In every two-sided world, there is always that special one that comes in between them and makes their world into a whole new universe full of wonders. Who is that someone? Well, it is the one who you have not seen nor heard about because of how good they are hiding it. This person is a young girl and the young girl's name is (Y/n).

꧁♋︎𒊹︎ You 𒊹︎♋︎꧂

Tilting my head up to the sky, I see how the soft white clouds are suddenly colliding together and become gray. Which means that it's going to rain sooner than I thought and I have to act quickly before it comes pouring down fast. I'm wearing black basketball shorts with a white hoodie that is covering my (e/c) eyes but my mouth can be seen. Running was one of the things I love to do especially at a time like this because now I get to have a little race with Mother Nature. Thunder booms above my head and I remembered that by the third boom, the sky above will shed as much rain they've got contained.

This is going to be fun

A small smirk appear on my face and I crouch down on my knees then carefully placed my hands flat on the surface of the Earth. My gaze is not facing the right or the left but only straight ahead because my goal is to be fast enough to beat this damn rain. It has beaten me for the last!!! (Okay, weirdo -_-) I have never won against it before but today shall be the day that I beat my arch nemesis. Another booming thunder reaches to my ears and I licked my lips with determination. The time has come for me to get my little butt ready for this race and I am excited with anticipation. If anyone has ever seen me like this I know that they will look at me as if I am the weirdest human on this planet but that's how it is when you live alone in the woods for the past ten years.

You can do this (Y/n). Just take a deep breathe and imagine the finish line.

And then, finally, the third thunder came up. I counted down to three in my head and I pushed myself forward then ran out into the darkness. I started off with a simple jog so I wouldn't tire myself so easily but as I turn my head over my shoulder the rain was pouring down right behind me.

Right on time but it's coming down quicker than last time.

"Geez!" I groaned and I turn my head to face forward. "This is so unfair!!!" I pushed myself to go from a jog to a full on sprint because that's how fast the rain was coming down. My hoodie falls down on to my shoulders and my (h/c) hair is finally revealed. I live within this side of the world because I am too afraid to come out into the light and be a part of the cruel world that has taken away my original life. The activity I am doing right now is just an excuse for me to run away from it and I know it by heart because this is just how I am. I am a runner and I will always run away to become a shadow. I'm never the type to go out and make friends anymore nor am I the type to find some imaginary adventure to live on so I can have a happy ending. There is no happy endings; There is only reality.

Like me trying to beat this rain. It always end the way I hate.

My calves began to burn, my feet started to ache and my breathing suddenly grows heavily. And, like always, the rain sprinkles down on my body. From sprinkles it grows into heavy droplets and from that it only grows into huge buckets of water on me. I let out a tired and frustrated sigh because I knew what I was doing was just plain ridiculous. But this is one of the few things I got for fun and once it ends, I always end up on the losing side.

I came for a stop then looked up at the sky and point at it. "You win again, you bastard." Lightning strikes and I jump a bit because it came nearby from where I'm standing. "Oh shut up! At least I'd admit it!" The sky grumble a bit of thunder and I just trudge my way over home. Nature and I have somehow connected quite strangely but it is my only friend. For the past ten years, we have been... I guess... bonding together and it has been equally fair to me. Sometimes it pisses me off for no reason but hey! Life is life and I can't keep complaining about it. But at serious moments I learned how to survive in the woods by observing the plants and animals. Watching the animals grow is actually quite fascinating and sometimes I want to walk over to them to befriend them.

But I must always remember to be a shadow so I don't disturb them.

I finally arrived to the and I made my way over to it.

For some odd reason, this place was abandoned a long time ago before I showed up and claimed it as my home

For some odd reason, this place was abandoned a long time ago before I showed up and claimed it as my home. The place was wrecked, damaged and had nobody to take good care of it. So, I moved in and I did everything I could to keep it stable enough for me to live in it. Sometimes I would go back to town and do a temporary job, get the money then get the things that I need for it. It was quite strange for them to see a little girl working but they didn't question it at all. Now that I'm fifteen, I get paid more from doing simple easy jobs and I get to use it for myself but mostly for my home.

A rope is dangling from the back wooden porch and I grabbed on to it then began to climb up. There is a bridge in front of the tree house that is connected by the small hill but I like to use the rope instead because it's easier for me to get to my room. A couple of times I slipped but I got a grip on it and continue my way up. 

"I don't know why I'm doing this," I grunted. "I literally just wasted my energy on a stupid race and now, here I am, doing this bull!" After a few more minutes, I finally made it to the porch and I flopped down on my back. I groaned in exhaustion knowing that I seriously need to exercise more by climbing up on more trees. Huffing and puffing is all I do as I stare up into the cloudy sky.

Being a shadow means being all alone and that means I have to do everything by myself. Mother Nature has my back but only a few times and that's not enough for me. Especially when I want to actually talk to somebody. But knowing my social skills I am going to ultimately fail and I just can't handle myself being humiliated in the light side of the world. It'll burn my body, mind and soul which I refuse to lose to.

Lightning strikes once again which means that she is telling me to head inside and I sit up from where I laid then I jumped up on to my feet. "I hear you, Mother. I hear you." I walked over to the sliding door and opened it up. Once I stepped inside, I shut the door and put everything I have done today behind me

This is my life and I don't want it to change any time soon.