~Stay~

WARNING

This will be a long and angst-y chapter that might/not hurt you in the feels.

Enjoy!

══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════

꧁♋︎𒊹︎ Bella 𒊹︎♋︎꧂

I'm sitting in my truck with a shocked look on my face late at night, waiting for my best friend to come take me home. I've learned about Jacob's secret from the boys but mostly from him and learned that Victoria hasn't given up on me yet. She keeps coming back to the land even after the boys chase her out to the border of Canada and this brings fear in my heart. What makes me feel even more nervous is the argument that's happening inside of the cabin, where Sam and Jacob are at, and their voices continue to grow louder. When we came back from walking on the beach, the alpha of the pack called out to him, and Jacob had no choice but to listen. Now, they've been in there for quite a while and I'm getting worried by the minute.

He told me to stay inside but I can't help it. I need to go inside and stop this.

But finally, Jacob stomps out of the cabin and made his way over to me. Sam and the rest of the pack comes outside as well with different expressions on their faces. But Sam's is the worst one: A warning look is what he's giving. I swallowed down my nervousness and Jacob swung open the driver's door then hopped inside. He slammed the door shut, started up the car and began to pull the car out.

"What ha-" I began.

"Don't." Jacob interrupted and changed the shift which got the car moving forward. "I'm taking you home and that's it." Confused, I shook my head and looked at him with a serious look.

"Can't you just tell me what happened?" He didn't respond. "Jacob!" Still nothing and after a few more minutes of silence, I just let out a sigh of disappointment and looked out the window. A lot has happened and I don't know if I can keep up with it. Knowing that my best friend is a werewolf terrifies me because they're weaker than an average vampire and they can get hurt so easily. Even if they took down Laurent easily by the amount of wolves, I'm worried about how much they'll be killed by a certain amount of vampires. Jared told me that they're faster than them but I highly doubt it and I've seen it with my own eyes. They're amazing but can be terrifying at the same time and that's what got me so drawn to them.

No wonder why she asked me that.

My eyes widen a bit in surprise, remembering that I've got something inside of my jacket and slowly looked down at the inside pocket. I know that I shouldn't have done this but I wanted to know (Y/n) more and my curiosity got the best of me. Slowly I reached inside of my jacket and pulled out the journal I saw last night with the strange title on the cover. My head spins as I continue to stare down at the title and tried to figure out what it could all mean. Battle? Love? Death? Desire? Why is this important to her and why these specific characters? I just don't understand and I wish I asked her, but knowing her, she'll kill me for taking one of her belongings.

"Jacob." He still didn't answer me. "Do you know the girl named (Y/n)?" That got him to stomp on the brakes harshly and we both jerked up a bit from the sudden force. Confused, I slowly turned my head to him and he gave me a look that I can't even define.

His eyes are narrowed and he had no smirk on his face. "How do you know her name?"

"She told me herself."