~ Chapter 13: Sweet Duet ~

Start from the beginning

          "You knew his mother? How…" You trailed off as she gave you a wink.

          "I'm much older than I look, sweetie. I have been around for a loooong time. So has Brumm. We'll be around for even longer. but enough of that. Wear this dress… It will match Master and it holds sentimental value." She urged you to do so as she headed for the door. With nothing else to lose, you put on the dress, and in a strange way, it fit your body perfectly. 

          After adjusting it and fixing the skirt you knew you had to rush back to the performance area. Grimm would be on and you would miss your chance. The dress was easy to run in as you approached the area. Grimmkin saw you and muttered here and there, but you ignored them. That was when you saw him.

          Grimm stood tall and ready with his violin in hand and wearing a nicer cloak. Divine stood nearby fixing his cloak and when she saw you, the perpetual smile on her face grew wider. Grimm noticed her slight change which made him turn back to see what did so, his warm red eyes landing on you in surprise. His expression made your face heat up though soon his surprise turned to joy and overwhelming emotions. He brought a hand to his mouth as he looked at what you wore and how you looked overall. You approached them both and Divine stepped back to give you both space.

          "Y/n… You. You look stunning. Does this mean you've changed your mind?" He asked with hope in his calm and gentle voice which made you only smile playfully.

          "Yes. I changed my mind." You agreed simply. Grimm could only smile down at you as he whispered,

          "Thank you. You'll make the show even better." The audience began applauding the previous act where Brumm came back and saw you and Grimm about to go on.

          "Lady Y/n and Master Grimm… A truly perfect final act. I wish you both luck." He bowed to you both before taking his leave. Divine did the same silently as it was just you and Grimm about to go on. Grimm held your hand lightly and gave you a reassuring smile when he felt how shaky your hand was.

          "You'll do amazing. Like always." He informed you before he led you from backstage and to the center of the arena.

          When you both reached the spotlight, you felt your heart drum loudly in your ears. Grimm gave you a gentle bow as you did a small curtsy before walking a bit away from one another. He began thanking the audience for coming and he did the same thing he did when performing in the City of Tears, though his eyes soon traced to you as he spoke up.

          "Tonight is a special night as I perform with a woman I am honored to call a friend of mine. A woman with a voice so pure it lifts the heavens even higher, she inspires me as another woman did so long ago. Lady Y/n, I am blessed. May you all feel just as honored as I do after hearing her angelic voice." He made a gesture with his arm to you as he directed attention to you. The crowd clapped for you and it filled you with a feeling you never had but always wanted. To have the joy of being seen by a crowd and honored, Grimm knew that was your dream so is that why he wanted you to join him so badly? Or was there more than he let you see?

          After the cheering ceased it was time to perform. Grimm began to play the same melody from last night, the one that sent your heart soaring for him. To be with him for eternity as the playful melody was laced with sincerity and kindness. It was funny how he played his true melody but no one knew what it really meant. No one but you.

          It made you relax as your lips parted and you sang freely. The crowd was silent as your voice lifted into the air and helped to expand Grimm's melody on the violin. He played it with ease as he wasn't afraid to bend it to your needs along with dancing a bit at a slow pace to the music. It went on for a long while before you lost track of time. Your only indication of how long it had been was when Grimm coaxed the song to come to an end. 

          When the final note was played by him, and your voice slowly faded away into the air the crowd cheered louder than before. Your eyes lit up at the sound of people who really enjoyed you, it made you feel like your dreams weren't impossible to reach nor was it foolish. You looked from the crowd to Grimm who was now slowly approaching you. You felt your face heat up slowly as you turned to him awaiting whatever he had planned. When he was close to you he took up one of your hands in his free hand and bowed to you, not before gently kissing your hand.

          His lips were soft and warm on your knuckles. You did your best to keep from showing pure surprise, though as the crowd awed at this action you weren't sure how you were supposed to react. When Grimm stood upright once again he led you away and you could finally relax a bit more, though your mind still raced over how he kissed your hand. It was such a small act but it made your mind race with so many questions and possibilities.

          Grimmkin continued to run around and now clean up as the show had been successfully completed. Grimm still held your hand as you assume you now walked back to your rooms for the night. That was when he broke the silence that had come over you both.

          "Tonight was incredibly successful Y/n! I can not thank you enough for performing with me. You should really join me again, your voice is rare… Something not everyone gets to see. It would be a blessing for you to share it." He said with a small laugh as you walked hand in hand.

          "Well, then maybe I will join you again. You owe me though." You said as a joke and Grimm nodded.

          "I do owe you. Then how about you meet me tomorrow night at the entrance of Blue Lake? It's gorgeous I've heard, and it is the reason it rains in the City of Tears. We could experience it together if that is okay?" He asked just as you stopped outside your door. You seemed a bit surprised by his question though you didn't hesitate after as you replied,

          "I would love to do that, Grimm!"

          "Excellent! Then tomorrow it is. Until then. Sweet dreams Y/n. Amazing job tonight." He waved to you and the two of you parted. You would usually be upset over your parting, but now you had tomorrow to look forward to. You didn't see it more than spending time with someone you enjoyed being around, but maybe that's where you were wrong. Maybe there was more.

I'm exhausted, but I wanted to get this done. Depending on how I feel tomorrow I might stream some art stuff but no promises. I'll keep you up to date on it! I'll go to bed now. Ciao!

-S_I_R