The deal (13)

No one's pov
Jennifer found a job as an HR manager in an enterprise, she really liked the new life she had, new country new house new work new people, everything was perfect.

she became the leader of the company's hr department in three months and she made a plan to do a project with a businessman and they start working on it, every day.

One day the partner decided to stop working on that project cause he found another one more interesting. he terminated and canceled the contract and excused her.

Jennifer got really mad at him and decided to not give up and keep working on her project, she started looking for another businessman or woman who's professional and more serious.

She found a one and told him about the project.

-Well, Miss Shirley, this project is so interesting, but I actually can't work with you, cause I have a lot of things and business stuff to take care of, but I could suggest someone who's the best for this, she's a very successful woman, she won a lot of contracts recently and a lot of important people wants to work with her", he said politely and she felt happy to hear his pleasing words.

The man called the professional woman and told her that there's an investor who has a very good project to do. That businesswoman was working on rising her company as well, he convinced her that this is the best way that she could get what she wants.
"Its good and beneficial for both of you ma'am".

She accepted and told him to give the company's location to the investor so she can go and talk more about the project.

Jennifer was very happy and thankful, she took the adresse then made her way to the company to start working on her project.

Victoria's pov
I was replying to some emails from the headquarters of a company when I heard someone knocking on my door.

-Enter!", I spoke in a high voice.

Flora entered and said: " Miss Arrias, there's someone outside who wants to meet you, they said that they have an appointment",

-ah, she must be the woman that Jason told me about, it's okay let her in".

she nodded closing the door behind her.

After few seconds, I heard a knock on the door again, while I was doing the last touches on the new design.

-Come in", I said quickly and the door opened after I finished my sentence.

I looked up from the keyboard to see a woman standing in front of me, I got surprised and chocked.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing, it was her and none other than her, Jennifer.

This could only be a joke right! What the fuck is she doing in my company? No, don't tell me that it's her who he was talking about.

Jennifer's pov
I entered the office with a smiley face which turned to a bizarre face after three seconds, I think I was shocked.

Yes to be honest, it was a shock..

I couldn't believe who I was seeing, Victoria and none other than her.

It was her who he sent me to, and I didn't know that, and it seems like she didn't know about it either.

Jesus! what's on earth is happening to us.

No one's pov
/what the hell are you doing here ?", Victoria asked firmly

-actually, they sent me to this adresse", she responded innocently

-So it's you who Jason told me about!", she asked crossing her arms

-Yes, I-I guess".

-Very good", she said getting up from her chair. Did you know that it was me who he was telling you about?".

-No, I swear that I didn't know, I think that it's a coincidence".

-Oh wow, a coincidence yeah right", she said walking to face her.

-Yea".

Victoria was confused, she made the vow to the man and now she couldn't refuse the work with Jennifer, it wouldn't be good for her reputation to change her mind the last minute.

she had to accept for her interest, her reputation and the company's image.

-So?".

-well, you know what! I gave my word to Jason to work with you and take this project. And as you know I always do what I say, also it's not good for my name and reputation to change my mind about it and because of a silly reason like you! so I'm accepting to work with you", she spoke in a serious tone giving her hand to her to shake it.

Jennifer looked at her hand for brief seconds to admire it like she used to do. then held it slowly and shake it then said: "actually, you won't regret working with me, it's for our best and I think that we both are qualified enough for this, maybe this coincidence will bring a big success.. Ma'am".

Victoria nodded with a fake smile.

-Take a sit", She spoke coldly

Jennifer's pov
She really hurts me with her words but I actually understood her. She's treating me like shit and I deserve it, if I were her i would do more.

i did so many bad things to her ad now she's paying back. Well this is karma. You get what you gave.

I was confused about the things that happened to us the past few days.
We meet in the event then we ended up sleeping in one room, then the accident and how she carried me till i healed and now, this project...

I didn't except meeting her after all these years, i lost hope of finding her again after she vanished. That's crazy !

i sat on the chair and start explaining the project to her. we exchanged ideas and we signed the contract then i left to my appartement.

Victoria's pov
Man ! I really don't know what exactly is happening in my life, after i forgot about her, she's now back into it. Coincidences are strongly present and i hate that to be honest, i remember the bad days and the shitty period i was living everytime i look at her. It really annoys me and sometimes it hurts me too, but what should I do except living the harshest reality that life brought me to.

It was 9 p.m and there was no one in the company except me who's always the last one to leave including the security guards.

I packed my things in my hand bag and entered the elevator that transferred me to the garage where my car was parked.
i started the engine and left to the beach.

I get the habit of going to the beach whenever i feel sad or anxious or even confused about something, and it was always helpful.
I can find everything i need when i sat on the beach, solutions, happiness and calmness.

"What on earth is happening to me, in a short period my life has been confusing. I don't understand why did she come back into my life? What I'm feeling exactly, Do i hate her or I'm just so mad at her? I really wanna know what exactly is my heart feeling towards her",i spoke to myself while admiring the view of the sea under the moonlight.

I drank my tea then started the car and went to my apartment to sleep and run away from my thoughts .