"So, are we getting help or not?" Ezra panted.

Be still, son. You are not alone. They whirled around. Ro blinked down at them. We must hurry. There will not be much time as soon as we run. Ro crouched down and let them climb onto her back. She rose to her full height and with one bound, set of flying across the grasslands.

    "Head towards those mountains! We've got to lose them if we can," Ania directed. Ro adjusted their course and ran faster.

    The TIE's and gunships were catching up to them quickly and the stormtroopers were gunning their speeders forward. The mountains were swiftly approaching. Ro's paws skidded on a few loose stones as they rounded a mountain.

    The TIE's screamed overhead and opened fire. Ro ducked beneath a collapsing mountain. Ania stretched her hands up and threw the collapsed tip to the side. Ezra wrapped one arm around her waist and activated his lightsaber with the other.

    He twisted, deflecting the stormtroopers shots. Ro's breath was coming in ragged pants now. "She can't go much further," Ania warned.

    "We need to jump now while there's still cover!" Ezra replied. Ania nodded and whispered something to Ro.

    Ezra deactivated his lightsaber and jumped. Ania flung herself off after him and hit the ground with a roll. She was instantly back on her feet and blocking several shots. Ezra joined her shortly and the stormtroopers surrounded them. They ducked behind a large boulder.

    "So much for that plan," Ezra groaned.

    "We can still try to steal their speeders. If we can get up high and jump down, we'll get control of the speeders easily," Ania explained.

    "Worth a shot." Ezra glanced out and ran around one of the mountains. He began climbing quickly.

    Ania activated her wrist comm and scrambled the frequency. "Hera, come in!" She called.

    "I read you, Ania. What is it?" Came the reply.

    Shots echoed before she could respond. "Kein Rei and a ton of stormtroopers are near the base. We've tried to lead them away but make sure that any incoming ships know that it's not safe to touch down," Ania said into the comm.

    "Do you need reinforcements?"

    Ania glanced towards Ezra. He had almost reached a ledge. "No, it's too risky. If they're caught leaving the base, it'll ruin the whole operation here. We've got a plan going."

    "I'll have scouts watching you and we'll send troops as soon as we can. May the Force be with you." The comm switched off. Ezra had made it to the ledge.

    Ania ran to another mountain and began to climb. The stormtroopers stopped firing to let the dust settle. Kein Rei stepped to the front, looking around. Ania reached a ledge and glanced at Ezra, tipping a finger to him.

    "I'm afraid you've lost this battle," Kein shouted. "Surrender now or we'll bury you in these mountains!"

    The dust stirred again as a breeze brushed past. Ezra nodded and they jumped. Ania's feet connected with a trooper's head, knocking him off the bike. She reversed quickly, before anyone could block her in. Ezra was doing the same nearby. Kein whirled and shouted with rage.

    Before the stormtroopers realized what had happened, they were out of the throng. "Take the long way back!" Ezra shouted. He sped forward. Wind whipped her lekku out behind her and grit stung her eyes but Ania sped up anyway. The stormtroopers were in pursuit again, guns blazing.