First Mission

Ania twirled her lightsaber blade and lashed out with her shoto, disarming Ezra in one blow. The young boy groaned and rolled on his heels before retrieving his lightsaber. "So that's 51 to 35 right?" He asked jokingly.

"More like 45 to 30," Ania drawled back. After she had spent a week with the Rebels, Kanan had trusted her enough to let her train with Ezra using her lightsabers. However, as soon as training ended, her blades were given back to the Jedi. Ania glanced over to where Kanan and Tolsa were training. Kanan had Tolsa levitating several meilooruns.

A rock hit her in the back of the head. Ania turned back to Ezra. "Let's go again. No shoto this time," Ezra suggested.

Ania shrugged and set her shoto aside before taking her stance. She activated her purple lightsaber blade, reversing it in her grip. Another trait she had inherited from her mother, apparently. Ezra ran towards her, bringing his lightsaber up in an arc. Ania ducked and rolled between his legs before he brought his blade down. She quickly sweeped his legs and vaulted out of range.

Ezra leaped to his feet and fired a few blasts at her with his unique lightsaber. Ania whipped her blade up and blocked the blows. She flung up a hand, pushing Ezra away. He skidded on the ground before rushing back towards her. This time, he aimed low. Ania jumped over his blade but was flung away as a wave of the Force hit her in the gut. She groaned, gripping her stomach.

"It's now 45 to 31," Ezra said, before helping her up.

"Kanan, a word."

Ania looked over as a green Twi'lek approached them. She had learned that the Twi'lek was called Hera or Captain Syndulla. She was the Ghost's pilot and part of Ezra's team. Kanan said something to Tolsa before darting over to Hera. They spoke together quietly for a few minutes.

Ezra and Ania had taken their stances again when the two others approached them. "Training will have to wait," Kanan said. "Looks like you two have a mission." Ania and Ezra glanced at each other.

"There's a new Imperial shipment of blasters and detonators coming in. Phoenix Squadron could really use them so we want you two to steal the shipment," Hera explained.

"I get why you want Ezra to go, but why me? Aren't I too recognizable? The Empire will be looking for me," Ania pointed out.

"Sabine is off on another mission and Zeb went with her. We can't risk sending in civilians and everyone else stationed here is preparing to leave the planet," Hera said. "That leaves the two of you. You're both skilled enough to get in and out without being detected."

"They'll recognize my face," Ania countered.

"I thought of that," Hera wagged a finger. Ania spotted a Rebel headed their way. "I had Sabine make this with what scraps of metal we had." The Rebel reached them and handed a Mandalorian helmet to Ania. She took the helmet, turning it over in her hand. There was a perfect sculpting for where her montrals would be and the base of the helmet ended where her lekku began to bulk. She slid the helmet on and looked at Ezra.

"How do I look?"

"Like a Mandalorian and infinitely scarier than when you wear your merc gear," Ezra replied.

Tolsa ran over to them quickly. "That's so cool!" She grabbed the helmet off Ania's head. "I didn't even know you could make helmets that fit Togrutas!"

"That shipment is arriving in three hours so you'd better get to Capital City and plan your mission," Kanan advised. "Come on, Tolsa. We'll practice with lightsabers a little." He began to walk away, then paused. "Ania, give me your lightsabers."