A Temporary Peace

Ania's yellow eyes glared at him as she pressed against his lightsaber. Ezra gave way and rolled to the side. "I don't want to fight you!" He called.

"That's not going to end well for you." It was her voice, but it wasn't her speaking. Ania flung herself towards him again.

Ezra ducked and pushed her aside. Ania's fist tightened around the dagger. She lashed out, striking towards his face. Ezra caught her wrist and jammed her elbow up. He ducked in front of her and threw her over his shoulder. She gasped as she hit the ground.

Ezra jumped out of range as she attempted to sweep his legs. "Come on, Ania. Fight him off!"

"Don't you see? She can't. She belongs to me now and as soon as I get her off this planet, she'll be gone," Ania's voice was layered with the Son's.

"I won't let that happen." Ezra narrowed his eyes.

Ania charged towards Ezra. She landed a punch to his gut and hooked her knee into his jaw. Ezra fell to his knees as Ania raised the dagger. He looked up at her, daring her to do it. "You know you can't," he growled. "She won't let you."

With a screech, the dagger plunged down. It stopped right before Ezra's forehead. He looked into her eyes again. They were blue, but yellow tinged her pupils. "Get...the dagger..." Ania gasped. "I can't hold him..."

Ezra wrenched the dagger from her grasp. "Now what?"

A faint aura appeared beside him. The Daughter stepped forward. "I know this isn't what you wanted, Ania, but it's the only way."

Ania just nodded. "Get it done," she gasped.

"As soon as I join with Ania, you must drive the dagger through her heart and then destroy it," the Daughter said to Ezra.

"Wait, what?" Ezra's eyes widened.

"Ezra!" Ania gasped. The Daughter lunged towards her and with a flash of light, disappeared. A strange glow surrounded Ania, bleeding red and gold. "Now," her voice was barely more than a whisper.

Ezra steeled himself and thrust the dagger threw her heart. Ania placed a hand on the hilt of the dagger and sent her power radiating through it. The dagger cracked, white light gleaming through it, before exploding into tiny shards. Ania collapsed, the life fading from her eyes.

"No!" Ezra fell down beside her and pulled her towards him. "No, no! Ania," he shook her. "No, you...you can't..." He held her tightly as the tears began to fall. "I just lost Kanan. You don't get to leave me too," he whispered. He sat still for a few minutes until, her hand found his.

Ezra started and stared down at her. Ania grinned faintly. "It takes more than that to get rid of me," she rasped.

Ezra glared at her mockingly. "Don't ever do that again. How many times do I have to tell you that?"

"Probably a few more." She lifted a hand to his cheek. "Thank you for trusting me."

"There was a few times I thought you might have lost it," he admitted. "I wasn't sure I would be able to bring you back."

"You always could." Her gaze met his. "It was always you, Ezra." She opened her mouth as if to say something else, but hesitated. She leaned forward and kissed him gently.

Ezra grinned broadly as she pulled away. "I think it's time to leave."

"Me too. I've had enough of this planet." She stood shakily and Ezra put a steady arm around her. Ania glanced back at the arena and shuddered slightly. Something tells me I haven't seen the last of this place.