Visions

Space was as silent as usual. The only sound to be heard was the whirring of engines from within the Ravager. Ania rested her hands on the control panel as the ship's naviagational computer charted her course through hyperspace. There was a low 'ding' as the calculations were completed. Ania sat up quickly and prepped the ship. Then, she slowly pulled back the lever that ignited the lightspeed engine, the hyperdrive, and reactors. The stars grew into long blurred lines, then disappeared into a flash of blue as the jump was completed.

    Ania sat back and watched the blue streaks that were stars fly by. Lightspeed travel always tended to make her feel a little woozy, likely because her body wasn't really built for traveling faster than light. "I guess I might as well mediate, seeing as we're going to be in hyperspace for a while," she said to herself. There was no one to talk to anyway.

    She stood up and walked down to the B-wings main cargo hold. She had modified one wall to look something like a bunk, which was actually more comfortable than it looked. The refresher was just through one door attached to the cargo hold and the galley area, also something she had added, was on the other side of the hold. Ania sat down on the bunk and crossed her legs, resting her hands on her knees.

    She closed her eyes and felt herself leave her physical body. She connected to the Force and let it carry her wherever it pleased. It carried her down through her ship's engine room, through the turrets of the guns and ion blasters and out into the cold vacuum of space. The stars began to dim around her. Ania heard Vader's ominous breathing echo through her skull. As she looked on, a scene unfolded itself around her.

    She was on a strange planet, one she had never been to before. She was kneeling on the stone floor of an Imperial Compound. TIE fighters screamed overhead and AT-ST's lined the walls of the room. Two stormtroopers held her in place. Ania looked down at her body. She wasn't wearing her usual outfit of mercenary black. Her shirt was a forest green with a high collar, her pants were black with brown armor plates covering her knees, and her boots were brown with black plating around her ankles. Her lightsabers still hung in their usual spot, however, and she still had her normal belt.

    Ania glanced around the compound, trying to determine the vision. As usual, it wasn't very clear. From what she could make out, there were stormtroopers everywhere, blasters trained on her. She looked up as a doorway hissed open. Vader marched towards her, dragging the body of a man behind him. Ania felt her breath catch. Whenever this vision is, apparently this man is important to me. Vader pulled the man forward. He was young, not much older than Ania was. His hair was black with just a hint of blue. He had a long broad nose and twin scars on his left cheek. A stormtrooper appeared and stole the man's blaster pistol and lightsaber. Maybe he's a Jedi!

    His handsome face was bruised up and he looked like he would be sick. The man opened his eyes. Ania felt his sapphire eyes search her own. His face grew white with horror. "Ania!" He cried out.

    Ania felt a name grow thick on her tongue, but she couldn't get it out. All she could do was watch. Her vision body was deeply attached to this man, that much was obvious to her. "Tell me where she is, and I'll let him live," Vader ordered.

    She didn't know who he was talking about, but her vision body did. "No! I will not betray her!" She heard herself cry out.

    Vader lifted a hand and the boy at his side began to retch, clawing at his throat with his hands. "I would suggest you reconsider if this child means anything to you."

    Ania felt herself turn a pleading gaze to the boy. "Please! Tell me! Order me to tell him! Make me save you!"

    Vader released the boy from his grip. The boy fell back to the ground, rubbing his throat. "No. You can't tell him. The Rebellion needs her. They can spare me."